How Long Will BM Last at this rate?????

3209 posts
Stuboo

Re: How Long Will BM Last at this rate?????

by Stuboo » 22 Sep 2012 21:07

ManchesterRoyals
Stuboo This thread is surely the Reading equivalent of the numpties phoning up 606 last week calling for Nigel Adkins and Tony Pullis to be sacked. :lol:

Whos mentioned we want him sacked ?

Just asking the question at this stage is bad enough IMHO.

PremAddict
Hob Nob Regular

Re: In Brian We Trust.

by PremAddict » 22 Sep 2012 21:08

I'll throw in my support on this thread. The "other" (negative thread) is worthless.

facaldaqui
Hob Nob Regular

by facaldaqui » 22 Sep 2012 21:18

One thing Brian has always shown is that he learns. At the moment, he is getting sightings of what we need to do in this league. He'll soon start getting it right.

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 22 Sep 2012 21:20

facaldaqui One thing Brian has always shown is that he learns. At the moment, he is getting sightings of what we need to do in this league. He'll soon start getting it right.

Im not doubting him i think hes tops but im saying the board

ankeny
Hob Nob Regular

by ankeny » 22 Sep 2012 21:22

ManchesterRoyals How long do u give him?

I like him as a manger but how long do you think he will get

Dunno if this is true but ive heard it mentioned on here i think that H Redknapp could be lined up for the job after BM

Harry"The spiv"Rednapp can oxf*rd off,don't want that tax dodger anywhere near this club?Let him go to Pompey,they deserve each other

Royalclapper
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalclapper » 22 Sep 2012 21:33

ManchesterRoyals
facaldaqui One thing Brian has always shown is that he learns. At the moment, he is getting sightings of what we need to do in this league. He'll soon start getting it right.

WTF?! The Board?!

Think you need to stop reading all the 'big talk' in the sports pages of the M.E.N about City and Utd.

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 22 Sep 2012 21:36

Royalclapper
ManchesterRoyals

WTF?! The Board?!

Think you need to stop reading all the 'big talk' in the sports pages of the M.E.N about City and Utd.

Sorry been up here too long :o

Turnball ACs

by Turnball ACs » 22 Sep 2012 21:39

Brian is constantly learning in his role. Remember this is his first proper managers job. He will have to learn very quickly in this league and I'm sure he will, including calling on the experiences of other Premier League managers past and present for guidance. I have faith that things will get better as he knows what the problems are and will go about finding a solution. And I thought the fans were great today. WBA fans were shoite apart from when they scored.

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 22 Sep 2012 22:48

Libertine
I really don't understand this type of thinking. We are there now but it might be better if we go back down to build a team which is PL ready, instead of building one, by adding to the core of a very solid team we already have, now that we're there? Plus next year's PL teams will receive a huge windfall from the new tv money...

No, I don't want to be a championship side ever again. With all of the new owners with deep pockets in the championship it will be even more difficult to get promoted back to the PL in the future.

We just needed 2-3 more PL calibre players. I don't know whose decision it was not to add those players but whomever made that decision looks to have made a poor one.

I don't want us to go down. I'd just rather have had a year making the team stronger before going up rather than going up before we were ready.

OK, there's no guarantee that if we'd stayed down we would have got stronger and gone up, but having our own owners with deep pockets won't count for much if we are 10 points adrift in January. Who'd want to join a club in that position?

I don't think we have a core of a decent team. We have a good championship team that overperformed to go up, that contained very few players you worried would be poached by premier division clubs.

I don't think anyone would get more out of the team that McDermott will. I just don't think it'll be enough. The performances, the manner in which we've played almost more than the results, just has that whiff of relegations gone by all over it.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 22 Sep 2012 23:01

FWIW you can get 11/4 McDermott won't be manager by the end of the season with Stan James

urz13
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The following statement is false. The previous statement is true.

by urz13 » 22 Sep 2012 23:35

I think we try too hard to create the perfect chance. We dont take enough shots from in and around the box.

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 22 Sep 2012 23:55

RG30 FWIW you can get 11/4 McDermott won't be manager by the end of the season with Stan James

Rogers will be first to go at shitpool

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 23 Sep 2012 00:14

Any talk of BM leaving if we get relegated is utter BS.

Get a grip HNA FFS

JordCot

by JordCot » 23 Sep 2012 00:28

harryroyal
Rev Algenon Stickleback H He performed miracles to get the team up last season, but it might have been better if he hadn't. I just don't think we are anywhere near good enough, and no change of manager will alter that.

What do you mean better if he hadn't. Even if we're not good enough we have the oppurtunity to play in the best league in the world.

If we had spent another season in the championship with a summer off reinforcement and walked it (obviously not as easy as that) we would be in a better position to stay up in the Prem the following season IMO. The team overachieved last year and it was brilliant but it has meant we had more weaker areas than we would of after a further season in the champ under AZ

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 23 Sep 2012 02:29

He will last 30 games then we will bring in Ian Dowie and Terry Conner to save us from the drop.

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

by Libertine » 23 Sep 2012 02:44

JordCot
harryroyal
Rev Algenon Stickleback H He performed miracles to get the team up last season, but it might have been better if he hadn't. I just don't think we are anywhere near good enough, and no change of manager will alter that.

What do you mean better if he hadn't. Even if we're not good enough we have the oppurtunity to play in the best league in the world.

If we had spent another season in the championship with a summer off reinforcement and walked it (obviously not as easy as that) we would be in a better position to stay up in the Prem the following season IMO. The team overachieved last year and it was brilliant but it has meant we had more weaker areas than we would of after a further season in the champ under AZ

Ok, let's assume the team did "overachieve" last season (not that I agree with that, but for the sake of argument). Rooting for us to go back down to sort things out would be like finding one of those coveted Willy Wonka golden tickets, tearing it up and saying "don't worry we'll just get another one the next time".

I for the life of me cannot wrap my brain around the mindset that we would have been better off not being promoted after last season or we will be better off if we go right back down after this one.

Right now what needs to be focused on, not by us but by the people running this team and the players who actually play the game, is how to generate more than the only 1 to 2 shots on goal per game we have seen the past couple excitement filled encounters.

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 23 Sep 2012 05:07

The mere suggestion that McD should go is just lunacy. Even if we do get relegated I would like to see him in charge next season. You don't become a bad manager overnight and even some of the top manager have been relegated.

Oh and Harry Rednapp....He can fook right off.

USA_Loyal_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by USA_Loyal_Royal » 23 Sep 2012 05:17

mcdermott is the only manager we need. i will lose some respect for this club if we sack him this early. bm will perform his magic!

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 23 Sep 2012 06:47

And if we got rid of BMcD who would be able to come in and get an average bunch of players playing better? No-one!

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 23 Sep 2012 08:25

Basically he's someone trying the loyalty argument again and, let's face, it I'm not quite so sure that some of the squad are technically good enough for the PL.

While it's all very laudible, and is good to see these players get an opportunity at the highest level, because of the bloody idiot transfer window system pushed on everyone by FIFA it means we'll be well and truly stuffed in January if we're struggling in the bottom 3/4/5 clubs.

To my mind he should have chanced an arm and brought in a couple of extra players in the summer that had PL experience and while they might have been seen as unnecessary they would have given additional options on match day - for example you look at our subs bench and think wow that's really going to give the opposition something different to think about if it's going wrong - NOT.

Now I know people go on and on about spending money and how it doesn't guarantee success but for a club like Reading at this level that's complete crap as it means the difference between players trying to prove themselves and players who are experienced and just technically better. You can see that, most of the time, in the difference between Guthrie and Pogrebnyak and many of those around them.

Still a long long way to go of course but I can't see the the return of the seemingly injury prone Kebe delivering anything more than McLeary nor the return of Roberts giving anymore than a backup for Pogrebnyak.

Overall I don't see Brian being anywhere near getting the heave-ho unless things do get really bad and we're still in single points at christmas, but if that did happen who is there that could do anything better with the squad at hand.

If the change was made though I'd want to see a name manager e.g. Redknapp who is proven and would at least make people think that there is ambition lurking about the Mad Stad somewhere.

3209 posts