Back from the Arsenal game/TV

294 posts
RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Back from the Arsenal game/TV

by RobRoyal » 30 Oct 2012 23:14

Barney Get a grip.

We lost by a 2 goal margin, to one of the top 4-5 teams in the UK, in a competition which is NOT our priority.

Sunday is FAR more important. Unfortunately, most of you 'johnny come lately' don't realise that.

Capitalone cup - SO WHAT. Staying up - that's the deal.

You don't reckon this defeat might have a negative impact on our league season then?

You don't think saying we lost by 2 to a top 4-5 club rather obscures the reality of conceeding 7 in 75 minutes to a second-string team?

Is there any post so stupid that it can't be garnished with a 'I've supported Reading longer than you' jibe? Apparently not.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 30 Oct 2012 23:14

Feel like crying, it was just one of those nights.

We looked so open at the end though it was just embarrassing. Why the f*ck did we have 3 strikers on the bench and no midfielder to bring on to close the game out...

Brian got those last 20 minutes dreadfully wrong.

Not angry with the players, they gave it their absolute all tonight, but that's the problem I suppose..

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Speechless... and Back from the Match - Arsenal

by ManchesterRoyals » 30 Oct 2012 23:15

Ups and Downs
E. Andrew

I've never even remotely thought it for even a second until now, but if we don't win at the weekend, fukking sack, McD! If he didn't want to win this one then why start with Morrison or Gunter. Both are pcunts, his tactics were pcunt! Everyone's a pcunt. Including me! Pcuntsss!

Just after that pic Anton oxf*rd off inside totally pissed off

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Speechless... and Back from the Match - Arsenal

by floyd__streete » 30 Oct 2012 23:16

ManchesterRoyals
Ups and Downs
E. Andrew

I've never even remotely thought it for even a second until now, but if we don't win at the weekend, fukking sack, McD! If he didn't want to win this one then why start with Morrison or Gunter. Both are pcunts, his tactics were pcunt! Everyone's a pcunt. Including me! Pcuntsss!

Just after that pic Anton oxf*rd off inside totally pissed off

Is that Brian McDermott sat in front of him?

Davezk

by Davezk » 30 Oct 2012 23:18

I had a feeling they would come back when Walcott scored before half time. I really didn't expect this humiliation though.

pea
Hob Nob Regular

by pea » 30 Oct 2012 23:18

lolwut Gunter was poor defensively, adds more going forward than Cummings IMHO.

great :roll: :lol:

Ups and Downs
Hob Nob Regular
Location: the piss artist not formerly known as scutterbucket

by Ups and Downs » 30 Oct 2012 23:22

winchester_royal
We looked so open at the end though it was just embarrassing. Why the f*ck did we have 3 strikers on the bench and no midfielder to bring on to close the game out...

Brian got those last 20 minutes dreadfully wrong.

Because we didn't buy anyone in the summer. Not a single midfielder or defender who could fit in with our style of play. And, for that, Brian has to be blamed. Tabb starting? Lolacaust! HRK for 90 mins? Not even funny!
Last edited by Ups and Downs on 30 Oct 2012 23:31, edited 1 time in total.

Readingfanman
Hob Nob Regular

by Readingfanman » 30 Oct 2012 23:23

How anyone can possibly come out and say they are proud after that is beyond me. It's just plain embarrassing.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 30 Oct 2012 23:36

No word of a lie, my mate just texted me and told me he had a bet on before the game for 6-5 Arsenal :lol: :lol:

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 30 Oct 2012 23:37

genome No word of a lie, my mate just texted me and told me he had a bet on before the game for 6-5 Arsenal :lol: :lol:

Bet would have stood for 90 minutes.

Still, get your lottery numbers off him this weekend. :D

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 30 Oct 2012 23:38

Readingfanman How anyone can possibly come out and say they are proud after that is beyond me. It's just plain embarrassing.

Sums it up for me.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 30 Oct 2012 23:42

Feel as if we just got relegated.

That just stank of FA CUP Q/F against Villa all over again but far worse!

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 30 Oct 2012 23:43

I reckon I've been to over 1,000 Reading games and I can count on one hand the number of times I have felt embarassed and humiliated and tonight was one of them.

From 44 minutes out we lost 7-1 at home to a largely reserve team who looked like they didn't want to be there. A complete and utter shambles of a performance that's left me feeling as pissed off as I've been in decades.

Two goals from set pieces to a side that never scores from corners, what the fukk do they do in training?

After 0-6 against Bristol Rovers I could never get behind Burns again, after that abject performance at QPR, Rodgers was finished for me, and after the utter embarrasement of that showing tonight I really think I'm going to struggle to believe in McDermott and this team again. Sadly, I suspect there will only be one further game to struggle with this as I can see another thumping coming on Sunday which would surely be curtains.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 30 Oct 2012 23:49

I fully expected to lose, but to play so badly and throw away a 4 goal lead is just a disaster for the players confidence. We are going to get absolutely stuffed at QPR on Sunday.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 30 Oct 2012 23:52

Schards#2 I reckon I've been to over 1,000 Reading games and I can count on one hand the number of times I have felt embarassed and humiliated and tonight was one of them.

From 44 minutes out we lost 7-1 at home to a largely reserve team who looked like they didn't want to be there. A complete and utter shambles of a performance that's left me feeling as pissed off as I've been in decades.

Two goals from set pieces to a side that never scores from corners, what the fukk do they do in training?

After 0-6 against Bristol Rovers I could never get behind Burns again, after that abject performance at QPR, Rodgers was finished for me, and after the utter embarrasement of that showing tonight I really think I'm going to struggle to believe in McDermott and this team again. Sadly, I suspect there will only be one further game to struggle with this as I can see another thumping coming on Sunday which would surely be curtains.

Pretty much sums it up for me Schards, I'm down in the couple of hundred games though. I'd like to see McDermott come back from this... I'm just not sure how he possibly can.

parky
Hob Nob Regular

by parky » 30 Oct 2012 23:52

Schards#2 I reckon I've been to over 1,000 Reading games and I can count on one hand the number of times I have felt embarassed and humiliated and tonight was one of them.

\thread.

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 30 Oct 2012 23:53

Ian Royal

Pretty much sums it up for me Schards, I'm down in the couple of hundred games though. I'd like to see McDermott come back from this... I'm just not sure how he possibly can.

Win the next 3 Games

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 30 Oct 2012 23:53

And back in the real world.

Alphonzo The Zombie

by Alphonzo The Zombie » 30 Oct 2012 23:54

Werrr fueerrrr oeeeerrr

Arrrrnerrr merrrr ferrrr cerrrr

SHORT AND CURLY

by SHORT AND CURLY » 30 Oct 2012 23:54

Rodgers lost the fans after that away game at QPR. That was the first and last time I really vented my frustration at any Reading manager.

Ironically QPR comes round again.
Brian is under pressure on Sunday and I think anything but a decent performance/win and the 'proverbial' writing will be on the wall. I would love him to turn it around as one of his most ardent supporters, however I fear the worst :cry:

294 posts