Back from the Everton (H) game

315 posts
peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

Re: Back from the game

by peterroyal76 » 17 Nov 2012 19:50

Too many scousers in the upper west today. A row of seven in front of me a couple to my left and four more on the right.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 17 Nov 2012 19:50

The bloke to my right seemed to disappear in the second half. Strange.

facaldaqui
Hob Nob Regular

by facaldaqui » 17 Nov 2012 19:52

Gunter and Gorkks (sound like a Victorian butchery firm) did have a few parlous moments, but I don't think a 2:1 win is the occasion to tether them on the shore of the Dead Sea. People who cry "Drop em!"--and I'm not talking of bishops in a brothel--should bear in mind that they'd need to be replaced, thus shaking up further this shaky defence of ours that, I don't know how, has let in very few goals recently. Well, I do know how--it is by the likes of Gunter and Gorkss having far more good than parlous moments--they both did many good things today, particularly Gunter. Better the sausages you know.
Last edited by facaldaqui on 17 Nov 2012 19:53, edited 1 time in total.

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Winner - HNA? Music Quiz 2013. The Great Sounds of Polonium 210.

by Alexander Litvinenko » 17 Nov 2012 19:53

winchester_royal Everton fans were unbelievably shite. Not too many will bring a full away following and get outsung by us

Only in the second half - the first time I heard a Reading song today was after 38 minutes. The song was "your support is fukking shit" - and my irony meter exploded at that point!

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 17 Nov 2012 19:54

Alexander Litvinenko
winchester_royal Everton fans were unbelievably shite. Not too many will bring a full away following and get outsung by us

Only in the second half - the first time I heard a Reading song today was after 38 minutes. The song was "your support is fukking shit" - and my irony meter exploded at that point!

Still more songs than I heard in the 1st half from Everton.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 17 Nov 2012 19:54

royal67
MmmMonsterMunch I am generally quite positive but Gunter is shit seriously. Cummings back please.

+1

Unfortunately Cummings has different strengths but different weaknesses. Overall, he's no better.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 17 Nov 2012 19:54

peterroyal76
Royal Rother Morrison and Tabb eh?

Now revered as stars of the team, weeks ago labelled as utterly incapable of making any kind of contribution in the PL.

Love it.

Are you making stuff up again?

You don't come on here often do you? This was last week ffs.

cmonurz I hope this puts to bed the myth that Tabb and Leigertwood are a viable PL midfield.

facaldaqui
Hob Nob Regular

by facaldaqui » 17 Nov 2012 19:56

peterroyal76 Too many scousers in the upper west today. A row of seven in front of me a couple to my left and four more on the right.

Same here. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.

CayeneMatt

by CayeneMatt » 17 Nov 2012 19:59

Platypuss
royal67
MmmMonsterMunch I am generally quite positive but Gunter is shit seriously. Cummings back please.

+1

Unfortunately Cummings has different strengths but different weaknesses. Overall, he's no better.

Having just had a ruck with Winchester Royal about Gunter, I would also agree with this statement. However an added bonus of Cummings being in the team is .... 'Shaun Cummings all over her face'. A personal favourite of mine. :D

harryroyal

by harryroyal » 17 Nov 2012 20:00

anyone else see the middle aged (probs slightly older) getting spoken to about racism by the stewards. She just said "oxf*rd off, i didn't say anything" and walked off. Royal Lady?

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular

by peterroyal76 » 17 Nov 2012 20:00

Royal Rother
peterroyal76
Royal Rother Morrison and Tabb eh?

Now revered as stars of the team, weeks ago labelled as utterly incapable of making any kind of contribution in the PL.

Love it.

cmonurz I hope this puts to bed the myth that Tabb and Leigertwood are a viable PL midfield.

Well you've found one quote.....congratulations

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular

by peterroyal76 » 17 Nov 2012 20:01

harryroyal anyone else see the middle aged (probs slightly older) getting spoken to about racism by the stewards. She just said "oxf*rd off, i didn't say anything" and walked off. Royal Lady?

was she pissed?

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 17 Nov 2012 20:02

I thought for most of the first 45 that Everton looked a very good, effective side
and we were simply out-classed but doing OK.

Thought ALF should have done better when he skinned their keeper.

In a way the reverse of Arsenal. They got a goal just before HT and I thought they'd come back
but today I felt quite optimistic because Everton failed to finish the game off and sides only
get so many chances.

Though I'm sure that this RFC side would lose 17/20 against this Everton I didn't feel too bad
at HT and thought we might nick a draw against the run of play.

8 Feds Solid and a couple of good saves, one 1-on-1 kept us in the game.

8 Shorey. Amazed he couldn't get games before coming back to RFC. Ultra-professional
9 Morrison To think we nearly let him go! He is a TOP player in waiting. Lost count of his wins, one stunning tackle and one brilliant stop. He'll end up at a top-4 side
7 Gorkss. Don't think he's "sh!t". We have just conceded 1-0-1 with a raw kid alongside him.
7 Gunter. I think he's better for the team than Cummings. One very important save in the last minutes.

9 Tabb Brilliant little guy. Always liked him. He is getting fitter and better. MoM tied with Morrison
8 Elwood. Yes EIGHT. He has had some patchy games with mistakes and moments of excellence. Today he and Tabby were taking on a superb 5 man midfield

8 HRK Was tempted to go 9. Had a very good game. He rarely looks "brilliant" but he's efficient and did a lot of excellent work
7 McAnuff. Poor first half. Looked like he'd forgotten how to play RW. Better 2nd and led his team to a win.

8 Roberts. So much better as a target man than The Pog. Almost got a 9.
8 ALF. Apart from the one chance first half thought he was way out of his depth. Much better 2nd half and goals lift his score. Needs games.

7 Hunt (Sub) Ran his heart out, fought for everything. Good sub

harryroyal

by harryroyal » 17 Nov 2012 20:04

peterroyal76
harryroyal anyone else see the middle aged (probs slightly older) getting spoken to about racism by the stewards. She just said "oxf*rd off, i didn't say anything" and walked off. Royal Lady?

was she pissed?

if she was she was an angry drunk. Lol at the stewards standing there for ages discussing how they were going to find her before deciding to chase (walk) after her.

jellytot

by jellytot » 17 Nov 2012 20:06

Good job Reading! Let's see if that transforms our fortunes or not! We are 4 games into a run of 6 where i thought we needed 9 or 10 points from. We have 6 out of 12 so far. If we beat villa or wigan i think we can say par. 

To be honest that was probably bm's most important team since becomminf manager. We were awful and deserved to be 3 down at the break. Had we been most of the reading fans would have left early and i really feel bm eould have been fired after a thrashing. Perhaps he dissed out some hairdryer treatment (needed) because we played like a team that had just had a fergie style rant! Perhaps he needed to do that earlier. 

Still long way to go but at least we have won!

Ps. Shame norwich beat utd oterwise would have been a great day. As we would have closed on them too!

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 17 Nov 2012 20:09

@BillOddie
At last! Reading have lift off! Now for the title and the Cup.My beard is tingling with excitement. Congrats.

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular

by peterroyal76 » 17 Nov 2012 20:10

jellytot Good job Reading! Let's see if that transforms our fortunes or not! We are 4 games into a run of 6 where i thought we needed 9 or 10 points from. We have 6 out of 12 so far. If we beat villa or wigan i think we can say par. 

To be honest that was probably bm's most important team since becomminf manager. We were awful and deserved to be 3 down at the break. Had we been most of the reading fans would have left early and i really feel bm eould have been fired after a thrashing. Perhaps he dissed out some hairdryer treatment (needed) because we played like a team that had just had a fergie style rant! Perhaps he needed to do that earlier. 

Still long way to go but at least we have won!

Ps. Shame norwich beat utd oterwise would have been a great day. As we would have closed on them too!

Why would Brian have a hairdryer?

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 17 Nov 2012 20:10

peterroyal76
Royal Rother
peterroyal76

Well you've found one quote.....congratulations

Oh you want me to go hunting them all down do you. Fcuk off - if you don't believe me, do it yourself.

Here's one from just 2 weeks ago. There are dozens if not hundreds out there,

floyd__streete Luckily some of them won't be playing on Sunday; cya Gunter, cya Morrison.....

comeonyouroyals

by comeonyouroyals » 17 Nov 2012 20:13

Snowball
comeonyouroyals
Snowball I had two bets today, both a fiver at 100-1

ALF to score the first goal, Reading to get exactly two goals
ALF to score the last goal, Reading to get exactly two goals

Oh, that was for 2-0, BTW

Where we these odds because I would love a bookie like yours!

Yes they were the odds

For ALF First or Last scorer and 2-NIL

Yeah I asked where from because those are extremely generous and I will head there from now on.

So I lost

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 17 Nov 2012 20:13

RR this site is famous for absolutely crap judgements on players

315 posts