CONFIMRED: Orlando Sa to Maccabi Tel Aviv

199 posts
Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Rumour : Orlando Sa

by Longhorn1970 » 18 Jan 2016 21:53

Maneki Neko Especially when we need a player who can hold it up and bring other players in

Cox is the decoy for Vydra ..

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 18 Jan 2016 22:23

Maneki Neko Especially when we need a player who can hold it up and bring other players in

All HAIL HRK :D

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 19 Jan 2016 12:53

Atalanta are now supposedly interested in signing him....

Ravel

by Ravel » 19 Jan 2016 17:47

I hope he gets a run out today, maybe even a start. If he goes without the chance to show Brian what he can do, I will not be impressed with the manager. Especially considering how Vydra has not been scoring.

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 19 Jan 2016 18:07

Ravel I hope he gets a run out today, maybe even a start. If he goes without the chance to show Brian what he can do, I will not be impressed with the manager. Especially considering how Vydra has not been scoring.

Doubt it, the prolific Cox will start ...

jt_1871

by jt_1871 » 19 Jan 2016 23:15

Felt sorry for him this evening, on for 2 mins didn't touch the ball and then stormed off down tunnel without a word to anyone, he's off

royalsroyalsroyals92

by royalsroyalsroyals92 » 19 Jan 2016 23:34

I feel for him. He was isolated and on his own at the start of the season when we were crap, and when we came good he was doing some very good stuff even when he wasn't scoring goals. When we then lost form and changed things around he was isolated again and didnt perform as well - but he definitely was a big improvement on our strike force of last season!

If someone gets injured soon and Brian gives him a go, I would bet a lot on Sa performing well. I stand by that...

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 20 Jan 2016 02:01

McDermott seemed to be having a go at him about something before he came on today.

He got a nice reception from the fans in his brief cameo though.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 20 Jan 2016 06:16

Royal Ginger McDermott seemed to be having a go at him about something before he came on today.

Waits to get on the pitch and when he finally gets the call to go on he's not ready.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 20 Jan 2016 10:26

jt_1871 Felt sorry for him this evening, on for 2 mins didn't touch the ball and then stormed off down tunnel without a word to anyone, he's off

we have no idea on whats going on behind the scenes with Sa, but purely from what ive seen it looks like brains being a complete cnut to the lad.
but since that is so unlike brian, I have to assume that something is going on behind the scenes.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 20 Jan 2016 10:26

sandman
Royal Ginger McDermott seemed to be having a go at him about something before he came on today.

Waits to get on the pitch and when he finally gets the call to go on he's not ready.

was he not ready cos he forgot to get ready?
or cos he thought brian was taking the piss?

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 20 Jan 2016 10:36

Why is it taking the piss?.

He's a substitute, it's his role to be ready to replace someone when they come off. He's been around the game enough to know it's not uncommon to bring off a player who's had a great game so they can get a separate ovation from the crowd. I've no idea what his contract is but hell he may even get a little extra win bonus by appearing in a victory.

Also if he is the type of individual (and I'm pretty sure isn't) who would deny a teammate the well deserved ovation because it hurts his own feelings then perhaps the sooner he oxf*rd off the better.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 20 Jan 2016 10:55

just that if it were me, and the manager refused to play me, or allow me any chance to prove myself for ages, then gave me a minute on the pitch to waste time and allow vydra his deserved ovation, I would feel EXTREMELY hard done by and annoyed.

should he have been ready, yes.
should he get his head down and fight to prove to brian hes worthy of a starting place, yes.
do I think theres something going on which means brian doesn't want to play him, yes
do I think brian is justified, probably- though ive no idea what is going on between them.

im just saying that putting myself in his place, id feel like brian was basically LOLing at me.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 20 Jan 2016 11:32

Maneki Neko just that if it were me, and the manager refused to play me, or allow me any chance to prove myself for ages, then gave me a minute on the pitch to waste time and allow vydra his deserved ovation, I would feel EXTREMELY hard done by and annoyed.

should he get his head down and fight to prove to brian hes worthy of a starting place, yes.
do I think theres something going on which means brian doesn't want to play him, yes
do I think brian is justified, probably- though ive no idea what is going on between them.

im just saying that putting myself in his place, id feel like brian was basically LOLing at me.

Then with all due respect you'd have no place being involved with a professional football team.

The team selected was winning 4-2 and the bloke he's replacing had scored a hat trick. I know modern day footballers are pampered souls but they also have to be pretty thick-skinned to make it to this level. You'd have to be a proper bedwetting manchild to get all huffy about that. He might even have got himself a bonus goal as Fernandez managed to score in the time Sa was on the pitch.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 20 Jan 2016 11:49

Vision
Maneki Neko just that if it were me, and the manager refused to play me, or allow me any chance to prove myself for ages, then gave me a minute on the pitch to waste time and allow vydra his deserved ovation, I would feel EXTREMELY hard done by and annoyed.

Then with all due respect you'd have no place being involved with a professional football team.

The team selected was winning 4-2 and the bloke he's replacing had scored a hat trick. I know modern day footballers are pampered souls but they also have to be pretty thick-skinned to make it to this level. You'd have to be a proper bedwetting manchild to get all huffy about that. He might even have got himself a bonus goal as Fernandez managed to score in the time Sa was on the pitch.

If I was just talking about last night id agree. But hes not been given a chance. Even when we really needed a goalscorer on the pitch, who can hold up the ball.
Hes allowed to be pissed off when hes been given no opportunities, isnt he? Be worrying if he wasnt really.
I agre, he should man up and fight for it.
But I also feel some sympathy

DaveBanana

by DaveBanana » 20 Jan 2016 12:33

Maneki Neko
Vision

If I was just talking about last night id agree. But hes not been given a chance. Even when we really needed a goalscorer on the pitch, who can hold up the ball.
Hes allowed to be pissed off when hes been given no opportunities, isnt he? Be worrying if he wasnt really.
I agre, he should man up and fight for it.
But I also feel some sympathy

Well I would have assumed he's had countless opportunities to impress in training, but if he's miles behind the others between games and cannot get himself motivated when it's not the real thing, then of course he'd drop down. We don't know what happens in training - he might be a complete waste of space and disruptive, or he could be world class. But I'd certainly trust the manager who see's them day in day out, than guessing that there's an obscure vendetta just because I wanted him to do well.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 20 Jan 2016 12:45

DaveBanana
Well I would have assumed he's had countless opportunities to impress in training, but if he's miles behind the others between games and cannot get himself motivated when it's not the real thing, then of course he'd drop down. We don't know what happens in training - he might be a complete waste of space and disruptive, or he could be world class. But I'd certainly trust the manager who see's them day in day out, than guessing that there's an obscure vendetta just because I wanted him to do well.

I already said exactly that

Still feel for him

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 20 Jan 2016 12:47

Players not having their kit on and being ready to come on is a real bugbear of mine. Why the hell don't they have their kit on under their training kit these days? Same with shin pads and tape, it really does my head in.

Having said that, we don't know how long McDermott gave him to get ready before getting in a mini-huff with him and I don't remember him berating John before he finally came on after McCleary's injury. He had plenty of time to get himself sorted from the moment McCleary went down but wasn't ready to come on before play was restarted. We ended up playing a minute or so with only 10 at that point as well.

Perhaps there is a bit of an issue between McDermott and Sa, it wouldn't be the first for either party.

holsgrove breaks a leg

by holsgrove breaks a leg » 20 Jan 2016 12:57

Difficult to say what has gone on really but there has to be something going on behind the scenes. Interesting that fernandez who has had far fewer opportunities during his time here does appear far more integrated despite his lack of pitch time, with Brian openly applauding his conduct...

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 20 Jan 2016 13:29

Can count himself lucky it was Brian. Once saw McGhee whack Scott Taylor round the back of the head for having the wrong kit when he was told to go on.

199 posts