Hob Nob Legend

Re: Player of the season.

by Snowflake Royal » 30 Apr 2018 18:06

You know, in retrospect we should all have voted for Novakovich

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 30 Apr 2018 19:43

We as fans should get it.....simply because we have put up with this sh*t for an entire season. None of these ponces deserve it.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 01 May 2018 17:41

Don’t quite know what it’s based on, but looks quite reasonable - sky sports have a top 50 champ players of the season

Only one entry for us at a glorious #47 - which is Barrow

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 01 May 2018 19:18

Hound Don’t quite know what it’s based on, but looks quite reasonable - sky sports have a top 50 champ players of the season

Only one entry for us at a glorious #47 - which is Barrow

Lol. He's been good but 47 is generous. Much if his game play has been criticised as leaving our LB underprotected and I do worry about his attitude at times. Is very quick to blame others on the pitch.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 01 May 2018 20:50

Tbh, he’s our most dangerous player by far. He shouldn’t be given any defensive responsibilities bar pressing their defence

I’d say 47 is about right

Double d v2

by Double d v2 » 02 May 2018 06:06

Hound Tbh, he’s our most dangerous player by far. He shouldn’t be given any defensive responsibilities bar pressing their defence

Good season

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 02 May 2018 07:46

Hound Tbh, he’s our most dangerous player by far. He shouldn’t be given any defensive responsibilities bar pressing their defence

Perhaps he shouldn't but given the problems at LB all season it would have been sensible to sacrifice some of his attacking prowess for some stability (although Aluko and his wandering left RB exposed a lot too)
I was wondering if he could play up front in a 4-4-2? Long balls to Bod (who admittedly is not quite as effective as Kermie was last year at holding up the ball) with Barrow standing on the heels of the last defender seems effective on paper. He's probably fast enough to beat any defender in the league 1on1.
The issue obviously being who plays LW.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 02 May 2018 07:52

I’d consider playing Obita left wing or left midfield. Perhaps go with a 3-5-2 formation with Bod and Barrow playing as the two

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 May 2018 08:09

A recovered Harriott could play LW, you could stick with the 4-2-3-1 with Barrow in a free role behind the striker and try Swift on the left.

Or you could have wing backs supported by midfield in 3/5-5/3-2

I don't see how we can persist with Barrow in a position that requires defensive responsibilities in our half though.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 02 May 2018 08:46

Snowflake Royal A recovered Harriott could play LW, you could stick with the 4-2-3-1 with Barrow in a free role behind the striker and try Swift on the left.

I don't see how we can persist with Barrow in a position that requires defensive responsibilities in our half though.

If you start giving him a load of defensive responsibilities, you start losing our only attacking threat. Let him do what he is good at.

If you've got 3 in CM - one of those should be coming over to help cover LW.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 May 2018 13:25

Hound
Snowflake Royal A recovered Harriott could play LW, you could stick with the 4-2-3-1 with Barrow in a free role behind the striker and try Swift on the left.

If you start giving him a load of defensive responsibilities, you start losing our only attacking threat. Let him do what he is good at.

I know, but his current position does have defensive responsibilities. You can't have your entire front three without them and the midfield clearly hasn't been able to cover him.

Hence why we should cash in ot use him differently.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 02 May 2018 13:31

have to say, the idea of 'cashing in' on one of our only decent players seems bizarre to me. And replace with what? Another Aluko? Would you trust the current team to bring in an adequate replacement?

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 02 May 2018 14:02

Snowflake Royal
Hound

I know, but his current position does have defensive responsibilities. You can't have your entire front three without them and the midfield clearly hasn't been able to cover him.

He hasn't played in over a year! Who is going to spend a penny of 'cash' on him?!

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 May 2018 19:51

John Smith
Snowflake Royal
Hound

He hasn't played in over a year! Who is going to spend a penny of 'cash' on him?!

Keep up, we're talking about Barrow.