BFTG/TV - M'bro H

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

Re: BFTG/TV - M'bro H

by South Coast Royal » 21 Aug 2022 14:00

Hound First half we didn’t have the energy of Wednesday but were still excellent. Think Boro had one half chance and that was it. Whilst we looked quick organised and dangerous

Looked broken by the end of the second half. Completely knackered but kept the concentration and determination. Still looked like the only Boro chance was the header that was saved

Boro tried to be Stamball with some aggression and fell well short:l. They’re basically bottom after 5 games, and won’t go anywhere but mid table with that side. Very unimpressed

Fornah and Yiadom 9
Holmes, TMc, ince and Hendrick 8

Rest 6s and 7s. All did a decent job. Bouzanis was fine.

"The only Boro chance...."
You were there for the last 20 minutes weren't you?.
I recall at least 3 clear cut chances and thought each was going in but relieved to see our keeper catch the ball.

I thought the keeper did well and on the game as a whole we just edged it.
So good to see the commitment and in the system I can't see Ejaria getting back in .

With 2 tough games coming up the 3rd spot looks unlikely to be maintained but what a pleasure not having to look at the lower end of the table.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Aug 2022 15:35

South Coast Royal
Hound First half we didn’t have the energy of Wednesday but were still excellent. Think Boro had one half chance and that was it. Whilst we looked quick organised and dangerous

Looked broken by the end of the second half. Completely knackered but kept the concentration and determination. Still looked like the only Boro chance was the header that was saved

Boro tried to be Stamball with some aggression and fell well short:l. They’re basically bottom after 5 games, and won’t go anywhere but mid table with that side. Very unimpressed

Fornah and Yiadom 9

I recall at least 3 clear cut chances and thought each was going in but relieved to see our keeper catch the ball.

So good to see the commitment and in the system I can't see Ejaria getting back in .

With 2 tough games coming up the 3rd spot looks unlikely to be maintained but what a pleasure not having to look at the lower end of the table.

Yes once chance - the header saved by Bouzanis

The others were half chances at best. The other header thing that he saved easily, the Watmore shot that went miles over. The Clarke block - but not sure it counts as much of a chance being as there were 3 defenders in the way

Bouzanis made one save all game bar picking up a couple of trickling efforts you could throw a hat on

Anything else?

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 21 Aug 2022 16:31

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Aug 2022 16:43

Stranded
Snowflake Royal
Zip

Good point although we had 56% possession that day

I think it's safe to say that regularly getting less than 40% possession at home is very unlikely to sustain positive results for long.

As we've seen in the past, having 50-60 % possession doesn’t do you much good if its all slow and in your half. But much more than that and it is likely to start to tell.

There's a reason it's usually noteworthy when a team wins with less than 40% possession... it's not very common.

Surely it depends where they and we have the possession. 30% possession with say 80% of it in their half is better than 70% with 80% in your own half or midfield.

Agree it is not ideal though but would love to see where teams have the ball against us. It feels like in the last couple of games we have tended to have the ball more further up the park. Perhaps not so much 2nd half yesterday but 1st half certainly.

Problem with 30% possession is just the sheer weight of pressure you're under the rest of the time.

Blackburn we played really high most of the game. Stealing it in dangerous positions. Boro not so much. , I was shocked to see the possession stats. Boro I was not. When we do have the ball we attack quick. But there's an element of the old McDermott ball whereby you can't consistently rely on soaking up pressure most of the time... usually but we're unlikely to be worrying about having to play the same way at a higher level any time soon!

Tricky to see where the oppo have the ball against us on stat sites. We are 27/43/30 this season. Can't find historic action zones on whoscored. But I have a strong suspicion that's much better for us than last season.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Aug 2022 16:46

Hound
South Coast Royal

Fornah and Yiadom 9

The others were half chances at best. The other header thing that he saved easily, the Watmore shot that went miles over. The Clarke block - but not sure it counts as much of a chance being as there were 3 defenders in the way

Bouzanis made one save all game bar picking up a couple of trickling efforts you could throw a hat on

Anything else?

Half chances? Watmore got the ball unmarked, middle of the goal inside our 18 yard box and skied it. Then a header from a cross that he couldn't get on target at the back post. I was shitting it right until Clarke made the block on that one too.

They should really have scored at least one. Probably 2.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 21 Aug 2022 16:47

Glad this has been mentioned. To repeat this lad only turned 18 in April and I think he looks the part.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 21 Aug 2022 16:48

Snowflake Royal
Hound
South Coast Royal

Anything else?

Half chances? Watmore got the ball unmarked, middle of the goal inside our 18 yard box and skied it. Then a header from a cross that he couldn't get on target at the back post. I was shitting it right until Clarke made the block on that one too.

Yeah agreed. There were some very tense moments in that second half.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 21 Aug 2022 16:52

I just wonder if the players ran out of legs after playing 3 games in a week, full week of rest before the Millwall game if that's the case.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 21 Aug 2022 16:57

tidus_mi2 I just wonder if the players ran out of legs after playing 3 games in a week, full week of rest before the Millwall game if that's the case.

They put a huge amount into the Blackburn game. Recovery time was very short and it showed. It will definitely help

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Aug 2022 18:22

Snowflake Royal
Hound
South Coast Royal

Anything else?

The second header was a half chance if it’s the one on the ssn highlights. Sees it late, misheads and it dribbled to Bouzanis

Is the watmore one also the one on SSN? Where he receives the ball back to goal on the edge of the area, has 3 defenders close him down and snapshots miles over?

Happily take them being the best chances a team has against us every day of the week

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Aug 2022 18:40

Hound
Snowflake Royal
Hound

Anything else?

The second header was a half chance if it’s the one on the ssn highlights. Sees it late, misheads and it dribbled to Bouzanis

Is the watmore one also the one on SSN? Where he receives the ball back to goal on the edge of the area, has 3 defenders close him down and snapshots miles over?

Happily take them being the best chances a team has against us every day of the week

The header isn't on the highlights... hmm maybe it is one of them... trickiest of the chances for sure, although there's another one in there I think they should have done a bit better on. Yes it is the Watmore skier on the highlights. He doesn't receive it back to goal, he's inside the area, he does have three defenders move to close him down, but he's still in plenty of space when he shoots. He should score there.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Aug 2022 18:48

Snowflake Royal
Hound
Snowflake Royal Half chances? Watmore got the ball unmarked, middle of the goal inside our 18 yard box and skied it. Then a header from a cross that he couldn't get on target at the back post. I was shitting it right until Clarke made the block on that one too.

The header isn't on the highlights... hmm maybe it is one of them... trickiest of the chances for sure, although there's another one in there I think they should have done a bit better on. Yes it is the Watmore skier on the highlights. He doesn't receive it back to goal, he's inside the area, he does have three defenders move to close him down, but he's still in plenty of space when he shoots. He should score there.

I may have forgotten the other header tbf

That would have been a hell of a finish for watmore to score from that and he isn’t very good. He should have done better certainly but would have to have been a great shot to then beat Bouzanis.

Ball is basically behind him, has to to turn and shoot, by that time it’s just a hit and hope. Certainly no more than half a chance for me

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 21 Aug 2022 21:24

Zip

Glad this has been mentioned. To repeat this lad only turned 18 in April and I think he looks the part.

He looks hard as nails too. Surely we can't have a 3rd defender in as many years break into the first team?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 21 Aug 2022 21:30

skipper
Zip

He looks hard as nails too. Surely we can't have a 3rd defender in as many years break into the first team?

With Sarr and possibly Rahman joining it's going to be hard for him. I would much rather him on the bench than Dann

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 21 Aug 2022 21:32

skipper
Zip

It could be 4 from 4 next year as Dorsett seems to be progressing well, then there is Abbey who is highly thought of.

At least we know we will be absolutely rock solid for the next few years, unless Pauno is in charge.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 21 Aug 2022 21:38

skipper
Zip

We’ve had 3 Academy defenders break through. Clarke isn’t an Academy product.....

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 21 Aug 2022 21:39

Zip
skipper
Zip

With Sarr and possibly Rahman joining it's going to be hard for him. I would much rather him on the bench than Dann

Did Dann sign or is he a loan? I forget.

Agree again. Especially if Sarr comes in. Bench him and help him learn.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 21 Aug 2022 21:41

YorkshireRoyal99
skipper
Zip

It could be 4 from 4 next year as Dorsett seems to be progressing well, then there is Abbey who is highly thought of.

At least we know we will be absolutely rock solid for the next few years, unless Pauno is in charge.

Unfortunately Dorsett appears to have suffered knee ligament damage. I am not convinced the club will offer him a new deal

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 21 Aug 2022 21:42

skipper
Zip
skipper

Did Dann sign or is he a loan? I forget.

Agree again. Especially if Sarr comes in. Bench him and help him learn.

Dann is a permanent and signed a new one year deal in early Sprong

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 21 Aug 2022 21:49

Nameless
skipper
Zip

We’ve had 3 Academy defenders break through. Clarke isn’t an Academy product.....

Fair, but he was signed for the youth setup and has already stepped up.

Still impressive so far.