New embargo incoming

232 posts
leon
Hob Nob Legend

Re: New embargo incoming

by leon » 16 Jun 2023 12:09

Nothing to see here. We're all bedwetters.

Ian Royal and OMA as always are right.

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

by Greatwesternline » 16 Jun 2023 12:10

Elm Park Kid
Mid Sussex Royal The autumn non paymemt of wages was down to difficulties getting money out of Hong Kong and just delayed over the weekend. Nothing like Wigan so max we will get is something suspended.

Is there anything on record with the EFL re Dai keeping money in a wages account?

The football finance guy Kieran Maguire said that every time someone uses the excuse of 'difficulties in transferring money' it's complete bullshit. The international banking system doesn't ever close.

Yep. What they really mean is liquidity difficulties. I.e. the person sending the money didnt have the money to hand in time for whatever reason.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 16 Jun 2023 12:11

Greatwesternline
Elm Park Kid
Mid Sussex Royal The autumn non paymemt of wages was down to difficulties getting money out of Hong Kong and just delayed over the weekend. Nothing like Wigan so max we will get is something suspended.

Is there anything on record with the EFL re Dai keeping money in a wages account?

The football finance guy Kieran Maguire said that every time someone uses the excuse of 'difficulties in transferring money' it's complete bullshit. The international banking system doesn't ever close.

Yep. What they really mean is liquidity difficulties. I.e. the person sending the money didnt have the money to hand in time for whatever reason.

Exactly.

elrey

by elrey » 16 Jun 2023 12:35

Pepe the Horseman Surely there must be some Championship clubs they can pick on?

I trust the Football League a million times more than our owners.....

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 16 Jun 2023 12:43

Greatwesternline
Elm Park Kid

The money is presumably coming from China so could it be that the Chinese authorities are making it difficult for him and his bankers to move money? Either way it is unacceptable and is killing our club.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 16 Jun 2023 12:44

elrey
Pepe the Horseman Surely there must be some Championship clubs they can pick on?

I trust the Football League a million times more than our owners.....

A million times zero =?

Both culpable in my view.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 16 Jun 2023 12:46

Great. Shambolic from Dai

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 16 Jun 2023 12:48

katweslowski
Royal_jimmy The EFL have themselves to blame for letting the clown buy us out.

I never understand this. Fans' would have gone made had the EFL blocked a buyout.

Also the EFL conduct checks and on paper he probably is fit and proper. He would have had a business case, proof of funds, proof of their provenance and credible references.

The EFL can only do so much.

The club are to blame - I don't know how else to label it but we need to stop deflecting to other people.

But at the time the EFL expressed reservations and approval was only granted on the basis that their would be increased scrutiny on an ongoing basis by the EFL. That increased scrutiny seems to have failed since they allowed the overspending to take place.

While welcoming the takeover, the EFL stressed it would continue to monitor the financial aspect of the deal.

"The EFL can confirm that they have no objections to the change of control application made by Reading Football Club," a statement issued on Wednesday morning read.

"Following a full review of the transaction, the EFL has insisted upon - and the club/new owners have agreed to - a number of additional reporting requirements including enhanced financial monitoring."

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 16 Jun 2023 12:51

There seems to be a lot of hate for Dai this afternoon. A fanbase united.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 16 Jun 2023 12:55

NathStPaul There seems to be a lot of hate for Dai this afternoon. A fanbase united.

I think it would be hard to defend him at this point and I believe he got credit given to him because he has spent a lot of money on the club and not just on transfers/wages.

But it's all boiling over now, the poor spending of money that has left us in this mess, the absolute radio silence, the mediocre statement yesterday just looks like a complete farce.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 16 Jun 2023 12:56

tidus_mi2
NathStPaul There seems to be a lot of hate for Dai this afternoon. A fanbase united.

I think it would be hard to defend him at this point and I believe he got credit given to him because he has spent a lot of money on the club and not just on transfers/wages.

But it's all boiling over now, the poor spending of money that has left us in this mess, the absolute radio silence, the mediocre statement yesterday just looks like a complete farce.

Where are you on the bed wet scale currently? I am at DAMP.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 16 Jun 2023 12:58

NathStPaul
tidus_mi2

Where are you on the bed wet scale currently? I am at DAMP.

I'm not quite there yet, crossing my legs and hoping to hold it in.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 16 Jun 2023 12:59

He's doing his best, alright?!

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 16 Jun 2023 13:07

Why are we being charged with not paying wages getting on for a year ago out of interest. Surely that could have been done at the time

If we do get some cumulative penalty that would be very harsh

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 16 Jun 2023 13:18

Social media imploding with Dai out calls, don`t we all know what would happen if he just walked away?
Suddenly the unthinkable isn`t so unthinkable anymore.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 16 Jun 2023 13:20

Hound Why are we being charged with not paying wages getting on for a year ago out of interest. Surely that could have been done at the time

That crossed my mind too Wigan got hammered last season for it, why didn`t we?

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 16 Jun 2023 13:26

Hound Why are we being charged with not paying wages getting on for a year ago out of interest. Surely that could have been done at the time

I agree, and it was even reported in the media at the time they happened.

Yes they shouldn't have happened and they were put down to administrative errors, but I would hope they only penalty is similar to what was asked of Wigan previously that they deposit the funds for the wages into a secure account so that if they are late again that money ca be used to cover the wages. Wigan's point deduction were because they failed to deposit the money and continued paying the wages late.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 16 Jun 2023 13:29

windermereROYAL

That crossed my mind too Wigan got hammered last season for it, why didn`t we?

Wigan were originally late paying wages for three months which invoked a suspended penalty...they have subsequently continued to be late which triggered points deductions.

The 2 autumn late payments were over the weekend situations and hardly the same situation as Wigan, this was reported somewhere at the time. In slight defence of Dai as someone who worked finance it can be difficult on occasions to get money quickly out of places like China.

Needle

by Needle » 16 Jun 2023 13:37

Dai (rightly) catching the flak but please don't forget that Gourlay's sticky fingerprints are all over this mess.

I'm not usually inclined to violence but I should I ever find myself in the same room as that pcunt...

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 16 Jun 2023 13:44

Wycombe Royal

I agree, and it was even reported in the media at the time they happened.

Yes they shouldn't have happened and they were put down to administrative errors, but I would hope they only penalty is similar to what was asked of Wigan previously that they deposit the funds for the wages into a secure account so that if they are late again that money ca be used to cover the wages. Wigan's point deduction were because they failed to deposit the money and continued paying the wages late.

Could be that is why the £6-million money was deposited into the club's account this week.

232 posts