Cardiff Fans View Point

139 posts
mini _dariusz

Re: Cardiff Fans View Point

by mini _dariusz » 27 Dec 2008 17:09

It's like a share price which has reached its peak and can only ever be going to equal that price or reduce, so sell up and get out.

I'm not mocking everyone who watches Reading, just the twats i have always mocked like those jester hate wearing idiots, and those that think there is something to be achieved which will better past achievements.

You got one thing right sunshine, i used to be the best human being on the planet, what you got wrong is that i still am. 8)

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 27 Dec 2008 17:20

Just ignore him, he takes some sort of perverse pleasure in winding up Reading fans and anyone he thinks is inferior to him. Which in reality is of course no one. Not even cockroaches.

Baines
Hob Nob Regular

by Baines » 27 Dec 2008 17:28

mini _dariusz It's like a share price which has reached its peak and can only ever be going to equal that price or reduce, so sell up and get out.

It's an interesting point you raise - perhaps by accident - that a lot of modern football fans need some kind of narrative of continual progress in which to base their support, otherwise they can't get interested.

Traditionally, most people just went to the football because that's what they did on a Saturday, and they didn't need the crutch of some far off date when their team would be the best in the world.

mini _dariusz

by mini _dariusz » 27 Dec 2008 18:07

Baines
mini _dariusz It's like a share price which has reached its peak and can only ever be going to equal that price or reduce, so sell up and get out.

It's an interesting point you raise - perhaps by accident - that a lot of modern football fans need some kind of narrative of continual progress in which to base their support, otherwise they can't get interested.

Traditionally, most people just went to the football because that's what they did on a Saturday, and they didn't need the crutch of some far off date when their team would be the best in the world.

Like being in a marriage and falling out of love with the one you vowed "till death us do part"

Anyone who has been divorced can understand my point i trust.

Baines
Hob Nob Regular

by Baines » 27 Dec 2008 18:15

mini _dariusz
Baines

Like being in a marriage and falling out of love with the one you vowed "till death us do part"

Anyone who has been divorced can understand my point i trust.

No - unless you're referring to a man who leaves his wife when he thinks that she can't get any prettier and tries to find a better looking version, which sort of indicates that he missed the point in the first place.

S09Royal

by S09Royal » 27 Dec 2008 19:50

from the topic on their site, 'to the coin throwers yesterday'

http://www.ccmb.co.uk/fudforum/index.ph ... f6c55df58c

blueberry bird- 'But surely, coin throwing is just banter / shows the uniqueness of Cardiff fans / supports the team / displays camaraderie / would be worse with those pop and crisp eaters, salt and vineger sticks can really hurt if they catch you in the eye.'

:shock:
& they're talking about OUR players inciting violence?! :roll:

Pseud O'Nym
Hob Nob Regular

by Pseud O'Nym » 27 Dec 2008 19:54

Well I didn't particularly loathe Cardiff fans, until this afternoon...

I went on the BBC 606 Cardiff board and was annoyed at them calling Duberry a grass, so I posted a very accurate précis of the Woodgate affair, together with the comment that I beleived most right thinking people would agree he did the right thing. Somebody complained and my post was removed as "Off topic for a football forum".

Later on I read this:
Diving to get penatlties, diving to get other players booked/sent off
- it's all cheating. Steve Hunt for Reading yesterday was a disgrace,
looking to go over at every opportunity.

and replied:
I think you must be mixing him up with someone else. I'm not saying we
don't have any players that dive occasionally, but if Shunt goes down
he's probably just trying to bite someones ankles.

Somebody complained about that too, it has been removed I've been issued a warning that I will be banned if I do it again.

I'm not sure which humourless prats I'm more annoyed with, the ones who complained or the BBC mods!

firstdivision

by firstdivision » 27 Dec 2008 20:23

S09Royal from the topic on their site, 'to the coin throwers yesterday'

blueberry bird- 'But surely, coin throwing is just banter / shows the uniqueness of Cardiff fans / supports the team / displays camaraderie / would be worse with those pop and crisp eaters, salt and vineger sticks can really hurt if they catch you in the eye.'

TBH if you read it, she is being ironic, and goes on to condemn those that threw coins etc. As ever a mindless group of & morons spoil it for the other couple of thousand passionate yet well behaved supporters.

If they are thick enough to kick off in a Stadium with high quality CCTV, then the banning orders/Court appearances will come thick and fast.

John 3:16

by John 3:16 » 28 Dec 2008 14:17

Ian Royal Just ignore him, he takes some sort of perverse pleasure in winding up Reading fans and anyone he thinks is inferior to him. Which in reality is of course no one. Not even cockroaches.

Ignore who? I am seeing none of his posts anymore.

And Baines, I like the cut of your jib young man (sorry If you're not a man...)

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 28 Dec 2008 17:52

firstdivision
S09Royal from the topic on their site, 'to the coin throwers yesterday'

TBH if you read it, she is being ironic, and goes on to condemn those that threw coins etc. As ever a mindless group of & morons spoil it for the other couple of thousand passionate yet well behaved supporters.

If they are thick enough to kick off in a Stadium with high quality CCTV, then the banning orders/Court appearances will come thick and fast.

I doubt it very much when it's RFC involved! There will be all sorts of reasons given as to why they couldn't catch up with the offenders, even with the benefit of high quality CCTV.

I would love to know how many banning orders/court appearances have been dished out to visiting supporters causing trouble at the Mad Stad but for some reason RFC never seem prepared to give out that sort of information.

Boyband

by Boyband » 28 Dec 2008 23:44

AbovetheI
Royalwaster One thing you've got to say though is that that was the noisiest away support we've had at the MadStad for years - they may be oafs, but they sure know how to make a noise.

No it wasn't. Man Utd, Liverpool, Fulham, Newcastle, Watford, Aston Villa. All made a noisier racket. Hell, even Feyenoord made more noise.

Watford? Do me a favour!

AbovetheI
Hob Nob Regular

by AbovetheI » 29 Dec 2008 18:27

Boyband
AbovetheI
Royalwaster One thing you've got to say though is that that was the noisiest away support we've had at the MadStad for years - they may be oafs, but they sure know how to make a noise.

No it wasn't. Man Utd, Liverpool, Fulham, Newcastle, Watford, Aston Villa. All made a noisier racket. Hell, even Feyenoord made more noise.

Watford? Do me a favour!

What kind of favour?

rfcjoe
Hob Nob Regular

by rfcjoe » 29 Dec 2008 18:28

Wash his car? Sweep up his leaves?

Royalshow

by Royalshow » 29 Dec 2008 19:43

rfcjoe Wash his car? Sweep up his leaves?

clean Ian royals radio.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 29 Dec 2008 22:31

Royalshow
rfcjoe Wash his car? Sweep up his leaves?

clean Ian royals radio.

FFS I don't own a radio, so will all stop offering to clean the damn thing. And I don't have a car you can wash for a tenner either. Now F off.

rfcjoe
Hob Nob Regular

by rfcjoe » 29 Dec 2008 22:33

Ian, when does the insurance on your car expire?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 29 Dec 2008 22:36

rfcjoe Ian, when does the insurance on your car expire?

I don't have a car, I have legs and the ability to use public transport. I would rather spend my money on things other than lethargy inducing pollution machines.

Oh and I failed my test miserably at 18 :wink:

rfcjoe
Hob Nob Regular

by rfcjoe » 29 Dec 2008 22:37

Ian, what is your fave radio station then?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 29 Dec 2008 22:38

rfcjoe Ian, what is your fave radio station then?

I only listen to radio for footie. So I'd have to go with 5live, because it's better than Berks, 107 or any station local to the other team.

Why so interested? You gonna ask me what I'm wearing next?

rfcjoe
Hob Nob Regular

by rfcjoe » 29 Dec 2008 22:40

Don't you listen to the radio in your car?

139 posts