So long Brian,.....

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

Re: So long Brian,.....

by Royal With Cheese » 14 Mar 2010 08:40

Royalee
Royal With Cheese Royalee anyone?

What about me? I'm pleased we're doing well and McDermott's pleasantly surprised me - do you get to many games from Belfast or is it just easier to hide behind your keyboard there?

I never hide behind my keyboard. I'm too fat. Was glory hunting last Sunday naturally.

Speaking of hiding - you've not been to prevelant over the last couple of weeks. 1 post regarding the Villa game until your reposts on this thread. No posts in March regarding the league games. Funny that.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 14 Mar 2010 08:52

Agree RwC. Attending matches is only part of the experience. Offering a viewpoint does not mean you have to have been there or experienced the match. Fcuk me, i attend them all but so not have anything relevant to say. Carry on.......

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 14 Mar 2010 09:40

I notice Dodger and Flash have disappeared again since we've had a good run of results!

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 14 Mar 2010 09:56

Royal Lady I notice Dodger and Flash have disappeared again since we've had a good run of results!

They always do. Like Tredders elongated absence in our premiership years.

Matt de K

by Matt de K » 14 Mar 2010 10:04

Royal Lady I notice Dodger and Flash have disappeared again since we've had a good run of results!

Well Dodgers gone now apparently - and never to return 8) , but his alter ego "son", Flash, will be the next time we lose 2 in a row. Guaranteed.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 14 Mar 2010 11:34

Don't want to be a know all because I didn't expect him to do quite this well but I had faith that he could do the job. He was an important part of the set up and has learned a lot from the managers he has worked under and used that education to full effect.

I saw him deliver a scouting report to the players back in 2003 before the home game against Pompey. The report was meticulous in it's planning and enabled us to dominate a game against a team who were running away with the division at the time under 'arry.

I said that he could surprise people and I'm glad to see that he has.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 14 Mar 2010 11:43

I like the calm, understated way he goes about things. Talks sense without going off into one. More importantly, he has got the players to believe in themselves and to perform consistently. Long may it continue!

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 14 Mar 2010 11:50

Royal With Cheese
Royalee
Royal With Cheese Royalee anyone?

What about me? I'm pleased we're doing well and McDermott's pleasantly surprised me - do you get to many games from Belfast or is it just easier to hide behind your keyboard there?

I never hide behind my keyboard. I'm too fat. Was glory hunting last Sunday naturally.

Speaking of hiding - you've not been to prevelant over the last couple of weeks. 1 post regarding the Villa game until your reposts on this thread. No posts in March regarding the league games. Funny that.

New things going on in my life, been extremely busy and not had time to post on here in the day like I did due to having a lot on at work if you must know. I've still managed a few posts praising the team for some of the games and have never hid behind anything on here, not that I'm particularly fussed whether I have the adulation of HNA.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 14 Mar 2010 12:02

Once again the common sense, patient approach proves to be the way to avoid egg on the face.

LOL @ all the football "experts" on here that think they can make an accurate decision on the benefits and qualities of someone after a couple of games. And just because they've watched a few hundred games and played a bit of park football.

I see Royalee is showing as much good grace as usual when his posting comes back to bite him.

Well done to all those putting their hands up. I'm very happy my early concerns were never needed to develop further.

glass half full
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you see someone without a smile..... give him one of yours!

by glass half full » 14 Mar 2010 12:03

winchester_royal Given my early season backing of Rodgers I know I can't really talk.....

But still, a hearty LOL some of the posts on this thread.

I am heartened to say to everyone that, like you, WR, I backed Brian McDermott from the outset and even wanted him at the beginning of the search for a new Manager after Steve Coppell.

He has a re4freshingly down-to-earth approach to interviews and this must reflect his general approach to matters football.

He has certainly drawn the best from players who had suffered lack of confidence, pure4ly by keeping things simple.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 14 Mar 2010 12:17

glass half full
winchester_royal Given my early season backing of Rodgers I know I can't really talk.....

I am heartened to say to everyone that, like you, WR, I backed Brian McDermott from the outset and even wanted him at the beginning of the search for a new Manager after Steve Coppell.

He has a re4freshingly down-to-earth approach to interviews and this must reflect his general approach to matters football.

He has certainly drawn the best from players who had suffered lack of confidence, pure4ly by keeping things simple.

GHF - have you got incredibly fat fingers?

glass half full
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you see someone without a smile..... give him one of yours!

by glass half full » 14 Mar 2010 12:39

Royal With Cheese
glass half full

GHF - have you got incredibly fat fingers?

Sorry, I should proof read.

I am fat everything but not quite as fat as Sheffield Wednesday 'character', thank goodness!

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 14 Mar 2010 14:19

floyd__streete Joking aside though, Brain Clough would have struggled to keep this side up. We are poor in almost every department throughout the squad which is a particularly risable effort given the strong position we were in just 2 and a half years ago.

:roll:

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 14 Mar 2010 14:19

I used to think Dodger disappeared because we were doing well. But I'm beginning to suspect we do well because Dodger disappeared. He signed off right before the good patch began.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 14 Mar 2010 18:15

I wondered at the time what "fans" wanted; presumably a big name to come here and bring in big name, expensive players. No wonder they were disappointed when the chief scout(!!!!!) was appointed; I mean, isn't that simply typical of the penny pinching owner??? Which other "big" clubs appoint a chief scout......

:roll:

Well, the appointment of McD has frankly been a stroke of inspired genius; a couple of judicious loan signings, a "back to basics" approach to tactics and a man-management style that has in a few weeks raised the games of players as diverse as Long, Mills, Tabb and most especially, Kebe.

It is an absolute pleasure watching Reading FC again; amazing to think that 2 home games in different competitions against Liverpool now appear to be the book-ends of a generally appalling run of form (2 or 3 months in Autumn 2008 notwithstanding).and whilst this season has still a lot to give, I'm REALLY looking forward to next season!.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 14 Mar 2010 19:27

Ian Royal Once again the common sense, patient approach proves to be the way to avoid egg on the face.

LOL @ all the football "experts" on here that think they can make an accurate decision on the benefits and qualities of someone after a couple of games. And just because they've watched a few hundred games and played a bit of park football.

I see Royalee is showing as much good grace as usual when his posting comes back to bite him.

Well done to all those putting their hands up. I'm very happy my early concerns were never needed to develop further.

I'm happy to have been proved wrong(is that big enough for you Ideal and Cheesey Poof?)as far as McDermott's concerned - it certainly begs the question as to why he wasn't given the opportunity to showcase his talents earlier given how he's seemingly managed to transform players like Long and Kebe overnight - maybe he should have been promoted over the likes of Dillon and Downes earlier as he clearly has a superb understanding of different cultures of player and is excellent at getting them to play for him. Most of his subs are spot on and he interviews well so long may he remain - I certainly don't care what idiots on here like Ian Royal have got to say as they have all the intelligence and grace of Vanessa Feltz.

SHORT AND CURLY

by SHORT AND CURLY » 14 Mar 2010 19:41

But prey tell RLOLyal Lee
Do you still think Brenda was the right man to take us forward?

Or

Was he an inept manager better suited to Bracknell Town? ie. Out of his depth

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 14 Mar 2010 19:43

Royalee I'm happy to have been proved wrong(is that big enough for you Ideal and Cheesey Poof?)as far as McDermott's concerned - it certainly begs the question as to why he wasn't given the opportunity to showcase his talents earlier given how he's seemingly managed to transform players like Long and Kebe overnight - maybe he should have been promoted over the likes of Dillon and Downes earlier as he clearly has a superb understanding of different cultures of player and is excellent at getting them to play for him. Most of his subs are spot on and he interviews well so long may he remain - I certainly don't care what idiots on here like Ian Royal have got to say as they have all the intelligence and grace of Vanessa Feltz.

I'm not sure I've ever asked you to say you're wrong. I've never thought you were a SDR/WSF sort of a poster. You always try and back up your posts with reasonings. I have disagreed with the majority of them. But, to be honest, it could turn round just as quickly. We're not out of the woods yet.

One Beer is never enough.

by One Beer is never enough. » 14 Mar 2010 20:21

SaC, I really am not one to jump to Royalees defence, but I too had great hopes that BR would be the right choice. Throughout the pre-season, he talked the talk, and perhaps built up our hopes far more than they should have. Unfortunatley he didnt deliver in the initial time frame he had usbelieve he would, but instead of putting his hands up, he continued with the baffling BullSh!t, and tactics, dragging us deepr into the mire.

Not one of us can put hands on heart and say they are pleased BR failed, but some of us were quicker to realise that his was not the right way to go than others and quickly became frustrated. To some degree Royalee should be given credit for his (ultimatley misplaced) loyalty. Anyway, so what? As can be seen from the start of this thread, just as many didnt give BM much of a hope as well.

Whatever the magic formula/ circumstances that BM has created, lets just all move on, and enjoy the bubble we are currently experiencing. Football being football, it won't go on forever...... :D

Now back to the wine

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 15 Mar 2010 07:18

One Beer is never enough. SaC, I really am not one to jump to Royalees defence, but I too had great hopes that BR would be the right choice. Throughout the pre-season, he talked the talk, and perhaps built up our hopes far more than they should have. Unfortunatley he didnt deliver in the initial time frame he had usbelieve he would, but instead of putting his hands up, he continued with the baffling BullSh!t, and tactics, dragging us deepr into the mire.

Not one of us can put hands on heart and say they are pleased BR failed, but some of us were quicker to realise that his was not the right way to go than others and quickly became frustrated. To some degree Royalee should be given credit for his (ultimatley misplaced) loyalty. Anyway, so what? As can be seen from the start of this thread, just as many didnt give BM much of a hope as well.

Whatever the magic formula/ circumstances that BM has created, lets just all move on, and enjoy the bubble we are currently experiencing. Football being football, it won't go on forever...... :D

Now back to the wine

Hard to argue with that... excepty the wine bit as its 7am ;)