BFTG Coventry

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: BFTG Coventry

by paultheroyal » 13 Dec 2022 13:18

Help me out here. What is Ian saying? My head hurts. Or is it not worth worrying / being bothered about?

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 13 Dec 2022 13:33

paultheroyal Or is it not worth worrying / being bothered about?

You've answered your own question.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 13 Dec 2022 13:35

Hendo
paultheroyal Or is it not worth worrying / being bothered about?

You've answered your own question.

Cheers, thank you.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 13 Dec 2022 17:29

paultheroyal Help me out here. What is Ian saying? My head hurts. Or is it not worth worrying / being bothered about?

I am probably wrong but I think Ian is saying that a more progressive way forward is for us to have a pattern of more balanced results between wins, draws and defeats. As gradually decreasing the ratio of defeats and increasing wins and draws is better for sustaining long term success, especially if we ever get back into the Premiership.

I don’t have a problem with our current results but I can see that if the wins suddenly start turning into defeats it would obviously become a major issue. Not sure, if there are many examples of clubs having long term success based on Blackburn’s current trend.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 14 Dec 2022 16:13

blythspartan
paultheroyal Help me out here. What is Ian saying? My head hurts. Or is it not worth worrying / being bothered about?

I am probably wrong but I think Ian is saying that a more progressive way forward is for us to have a pattern of more balanced results between wins, draws and defeats. As gradually decreasing the ratio of defeats and increasing wins and draws is better for sustaining long term success, especially if we ever get back into the Premiership.

I don’t have a problem with our current results but I can see that if the wins suddenly start turning into defeats it would obviously become a major issue. Not sure, if there are many examples of clubs having long term success based on Blackburn’s current trend.

Oh right. So he's saying that in order for us to improve we need to increase the average number of points per game over a period of time - say a set of 46 games? And that when we reach a number that is better than 22 other teams in the league we might have a more enhanced chance of promotion?

Well it's a theory I suppose.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 14 Dec 2022 16:40

I think we should just go out and score more goals than the other team

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 14 Dec 2022 16:52

Ah got it - so he is a far happier person with 61 points than 69 points - the Ian Royal method - thanks for clearing that up.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 14 Dec 2022 17:50

Ian would take being in the league one playoffs than mid table championship

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 14 Dec 2022 18:29

leon
blythspartan

Oh right. So he's saying that in order for us to improve we need to increase the average number of points per game over a period of time - say a set of 46 games? And that when we reach a number that is better than 22 other teams in the league we might have a more enhanced chance of promotion?

Well it's a theory I suppose.

What we really want is 31 wins, 13 draws and 2 defeats. In 2011/12 we actually only had 8 draws which was the joint lowest in the division.

JR

by JR » 14 Dec 2022 22:40

PieEater Just to add it was fooking freezing and getting the game was a shambles. They need to do something about the Greyhound stadium car park, it causes all roads around to back up whilst they take their sweet time collecting cash on entry. There were still people coming in 15 mins after the game started.

It’s only card on entry now - not sure whether that helps or hinders?

I suspect the issue on Saturday was more the double whammy of it being kids for a quid bonanza (of which many drive) and a 2pm start that people didn’t sufficiently allow for.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 15 Dec 2022 06:50

If we finished a season with 16 wins, 15 draws and 15 losses that would be 63 points, well outside the play offs.

I can hear Ian now....

“If only we had shown more ambition we could have turned 6 of those draws into wins and we’d have another 12 points, which would have resulted in 75 points and made Top 6. I don’t care if we lose more games, it’s all about making Top 6.”