Cardiff Fans View Point

139 posts
Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Cardiff Fans View Point

by Ian Royal » 29 Dec 2008 22:41

rfcjoe Don't you listen to the radio in your car?

See above. I don't have a car. Jeez

rfcjoe
Hob Nob Regular

by rfcjoe » 29 Dec 2008 22:42

Can't believe you don't see what i'm doing here.... :roll:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 29 Dec 2008 22:43

rfcjoe Can't believe you don't see what i'm doing here.... :roll:

You needed to complete the circle a couple more times before I got bored.

rfcjoe
Hob Nob Regular

by rfcjoe » 29 Dec 2008 22:44

I've really gone off of you. Shame really :(

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 29 Dec 2008 22:45

rfcjoe I've really gone off of you. Shame really :(

Damn, I was going to ask you out on a date tomorrow. I'm back in Reading soon and was hoping for some romance, you little cutie.

Royalshow

by Royalshow » 29 Dec 2008 23:41

Ian Royal
rfcjoe I've really gone off of you. Shame really :(

Damn, I was going to ask you out on a date tomorrow. I'm back in Reading soon and was hoping for some romance, you little cutie.

Radiohead gig?

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 30 Dec 2008 09:50

Am I the only person who couldn't give a rats arse about the viewpoint of the Neaderthals that behaved so badly on Boxing Day?

There is NO excuse in this day and age for the homophobic abuse direct at Duberry, or for the scenes after the game. And don't anybody say "its just a minority"; seemed to me that the vast majority of their support were behaving in that manner.

A few points;

1. Why weren't the Cardiff fans told to sit down AT ALL during the game?

2. Why weren't those Cardiff fans who stayed on the pitch after their goal get arressted there and then (going onto the pitch during play is a criminal offence after all)

3. Where were the Tango's during all of this? All i could see were a few yellow jackets clearly not keen to get involved until Plod keep steaming across.

4. Why has there been a total lack of media coverage of the aftermath of the game; conspiracy of silence??

5. This isn't the first time Cardiff have been involved in bother this season - at what point are the FA going to act? Or, does jurisdiction lie - yet again - with the FAW, who consistently show themselves to be unwilling to confront the excesses of Welsh fans.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 30 Dec 2008 09:59

I totally agree Mr A. I am actually considering asking the TVP for their reasons as to why the guy who ran on the pitch during the game was not immediately arrested. As was seen at Saints the other day, RFC fans appear to be the only ones who are told to sit at home AND away! I know it's a law that everyone has to sit, but time and again the away fans at the Mad Stad stand up for the whole game and no one appears to ask them to sit down. Yet when we go away, even standing for a corner or when one of our players is homing in on goal appeared to make the stewards start yelling at us. :roll:

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 30 Dec 2008 10:29

What was the homophobic abuse aimed at Duberry? All I heard was "Duberry, you're a grass" and fail to see the homophobic connotations that would transpire - must've missed another chant ?

Thames

by Thames » 30 Dec 2008 10:31

Big Foot What was the homophobic abuse aimed at Duberry? All I heard was "Duberry, you're a grass" and fail to see the homophobic connotations that would transpire - must've missed another chant ?

I can't believe people are getting worked up about homophobic abuse when several Reading fans were singing racist songs about our defence at Southampton.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 30 Dec 2008 10:36

Thames
Big Foot What was the homophobic abuse aimed at Duberry? All I heard was "Duberry, you're a grass" and fail to see the homophobic connotations that would transpire - must've missed another chant ?

I can't believe people are getting worked up about homophobic abuse when several Reading fans were singing racist songs about our defence at Southampton.

Don't know if we're on about the same chant but there have been a few occasions when we've won a corner in games this season and a large number of Reading fans have made monkey noises :|

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 30 Dec 2008 10:40

Big Foot
Thames

Don't know if we're on about the same chant but there have been a few occasions when we've won a corner in games this season and a large number of Reading fans have made monkey noises :|

Jesus - It comes to something when our fans don't even know RFC chants!
They're chanting "Hoops, Hoops, hoops" :roll:

Thames

by Thames » 30 Dec 2008 10:43

They're chanting "Hoops, Hoops, hoops" :roll:[/

Oh, I always that it was monkey noises. That was my best bit. I used to celebrate corners more than goals because we got to be abit "controversial".

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 30 Dec 2008 10:45

Royal With Cheese
Big Foot
Thames I can't believe people are getting worked up about homophobic abuse when several Reading fans were singing racist songs about our defence at Southampton.

They're chanting "Hoops, Hoops, hoops" :roll:

Don't have a go at me, I take a picnic and leg blankets to away games so I'm excusable :P

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 30 Dec 2008 10:46

Thames

Oh, I always that it was monkey noises. That was my best bit. I used to celebrate corners more than goals because we got to be abit "controversial".

Are you a bit mental?

Seal
Hob Nob Regular

by Seal » 30 Dec 2008 10:51

I heard a relatively amusing tale about Cardiff fans from a senior police officer at the Met yesterday as it happens. He is quite an old school copper, and had an interesting attitude towards policing football fans.

Apparently a few years ago, Cardiff caught the Met off guard when they decided to travel en masse to a game against QPR completely unexpectedly. They brought about 6000 fans down, and the Met only had about 90 officers on duty. In the words of this officer, the police “took a bit of a hiding”. In his eyes, this seemed to be almost fair game – they bought the numbers down, the Met weren’t ready for it and subsequently took a beating.

However, as he put it, “no one does that to The Met and gets away with it”. So, apparently, next time Cardiff were due to play in London, the Met were fully prepared, with serious numbers, and by all accounts taught Cardiff an absolute lesson.

Thames

by Thames » 30 Dec 2008 10:54

Royal With Cheese
Thames

Are you a bit mental?

Totally insane.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 30 Dec 2008 10:55

Seal I heard a relatively amusing tale about Cardiff fans from a senior police officer at the Met yesterday as it happens. He is quite an old school copper, and had an interesting attitude towards policing football fans.

Apparently a few years ago, Cardiff caught the Met off guard when they decided to travel en masse to a game against QPR completely unexpectedly. They brought about 6000 fans down, and the Met only had about 90 officers on duty. In the words of this officer, the police “took a bit of a hiding”. In his eyes, this seemed to be almost fair game – they bought the numbers down, the Met weren’t ready for it and subsequently took a beating.

However, as he put it, “no one does that to The Met and gets away with it”. So, apparently, next time Cardiff were due to play in London, the Met were fully prepared, with serious numbers, and by all accounts taught Cardiff an absolute lesson.

That's how it should be

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 30 Dec 2008 11:00

The homophobic abuse aimed at Duberry, as mentioned on another thread, were the chants of "rent boy". There is no excuse for that kind of abuse aimed at anyone. The "grass" chants were just pathetic.

If the police spent more time sorting out this sort of thing at football matches and in general, rather than arresting "big names" such as Gerrard and arresting people for spurious "crimes" for which people are never charged, we'd all be much better off. :roll:

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 30 Dec 2008 11:02

I don't understand why the Cardiff fans were chanting that abuse at Duberry. In fact I didn't know what they were singing at the time and thought I'd misheard and that they must be shouting 'Bluebirds'. What does that court case have to do with them?

139 posts