Who Was At The Game Last Night?

roberto_11

Re: Who Was At The Game Last Night?

by roberto_11 » 17 Sep 2009 22:55

Ian Royal
You two know each? Why am I not surprised! You have the same ability to stare being completely wrong in the face and still argue that the sky is purple.

:lol:

Royalee was my first internet friend.

westongeezer

by westongeezer » 17 Sep 2009 23:09

I was there, i drove up from Weston super Mare up in top of east stand, tbh i thought we put them under alot of pressure but once the ball hit there 18 yard line we where pretty Ineffectual, passing now and again into the box from the wings was rare and and rarely hit its desired target, in fact best chance i saw was fedders awsome back kick in the dying minutes, needless to say i had the awfull drive back with all the Cardiff supporters, but i would say i can see the light now but we badly need a striker or two and also play with more width.

wolsey
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Wishing I was young enough and crass enough to care

by wolsey » 17 Sep 2009 23:17

Royalee
Ian Royal
Royalee Rodgers and Mourinho both played at professional clubs so to say they 'haven't played football' is pretty hilarious!

Didn't Rodgers come here at 16 and never play a competitive game for us?

Not that it has anything to do with it.

You don't see Paul Gascoigne as a pundit or successful manager and he played at the highest level.

Analytical Intelligence and knowledge is the key. You don't need to have played to have a worthwhile opinion.

Have you played at any proper competitive level Royalee? Or are you not allowed an opinion either according to some?

I've played at a higher level than most on here I expect - I'm by no means the next Casillas but I've done a bit better than 'playing 2 games for my school team'. In all honesty though it's a mixture of the two - you need to have played the game to a decent ish level and also to have an understanding of the game, watch a lot of football (not just your own team) and be able to see the bigger picture. Many on here can't and are very reactionary.

So if you were so talented, and such a student of the game, what made you into one of the worst, and most officious referees in the SCML?

Perhaps your "skills" aren't as transferrable as you may have hoped.
Last edited by wolsey on 17 Sep 2009 23:21, edited 1 time in total.

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 17 Sep 2009 23:20

i was there, we played pretty well, and i still think we will go down.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 Sep 2009 23:26

Royalee I've played at a higher level than most on here I expect
Pure speculation
Royalee I'm by no means the next Casillas but I've done a bit better than 'playing 2 games for my school team'.
Primary school thank you. I've never claimed to have played to any level.
Royalee In all honesty though it's a mixture of the two - you need to have played the game to a decent ish level and also to have an understanding of the game, watch a lot of football (not just your own team) and be able to see the bigger picture.

Playing to a decent level may help, I've never said it doesn't, but the rest are equally if not more important. Watch your team long enough and providing you aren't a frothing at the mouth blinkered looney and you will see plenty of other teams and systems.

Royalee Many on here can't and are very reactionary
You've got that right. Most of them say exactly the same thing, yet don't recognise it in themselves. *hint, hint*

And you still haven't 'fessed up what level you played at that gives you a better opinion than anyone who's been watching games longer than you, or is smarter than you, or less entrenched in their own prejudices. Funnily enough nor has your chum.

I think you'll be surprised at the level that some of the posters on here have played at. We've got plenty who were in our own academy at one point or another for example.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 17 Sep 2009 23:45

Ian Royal I think you'll be surprised at the level that some of the posters on here have played at.

Wokingham Royals under 13s - but I don't like to talk about it.

Although it does help me to understand a lot of what Jimmy Kebe does on the pitch.

wolsey
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Wishing I was young enough and crass enough to care

by wolsey » 17 Sep 2009 23:47

leon
Ian Royal I think you'll be surprised at the level that some of the posters on here have played at.

Although it does help me to understand a lot of what Jimmy Kebe does on the pitch.

Whiteknights U-11's (but I was 15 at the time)

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 Sep 2009 23:48

leon

Theale Primary twice (that I can remember anyway)
One Theale Tigers training session
HNA? thrice

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 18 Sep 2009 00:44

School team. Captain of one match - and we won (I think we won two games that year).

And then I played under-12's, under 14's and under 16's.

Subs in a losing team for the under-12's and 14's. Starter for a terrible team in the under-16's.

Oh and I play five a side each monday.

joe999

by joe999 » 18 Sep 2009 02:33

..yes?

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 18 Sep 2009 08:54

roberto_11
Royalee No, all that confirms is that you yourself can't even decide what you're on about having been 'encouraged' but at the same time convinced that 'Rodgers is a*sing up' and implying you want Coppell back. Which is it to be Ian? Do you want me to write all your opinions down for you so you can stick to them instead of trying to have it both ways?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE3zp06ZsZA

Ian Royals opinion doesnt count, he hasnt even played football mate.

Royalee talks sense. He accurately predicted Coppell would get us relegated, he also accurately predicted that Coppell wouldnt get us promoted back to the Prem.

Did he accurately predict Coppell would take us up? And did he accurately predict we'd stay up first season? More to the point, what's his prediction for this season? I need it carbon-dated via a pre-season post.

I need to know how much I should be venerating his predictive excellence - is he sub-Derren or super-Derren?

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 18 Sep 2009 09:04

Yes - I was at the game - I haven't played football at all, but I have managed a school team and I do, of course, know a number of professional footballers and management both past and present. I do HTH. :roll:

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 18 Sep 2009 09:07

leon

lolz

Also lolz@ thinking playing Senior Division football adds more strength to your footballing arguments than if you only play Div 3.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 18 Sep 2009 10:08

Ian Royal
roberto_11
Royalee No, all that confirms is that you yourself can't even decide what you're on about having been 'encouraged' but at the same time convinced that 'Rodgers is a*sing up' and implying you want Coppell back. Which is it to be Ian? Do you want me to write all your opinions down for you so you can stick to them instead of trying to have it both ways?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE3zp06ZsZA

Ian Royals opinion doesnt count, he hasnt even played football mate.

Royalee talks sense. He accurately predicted Coppell would get us relegated, he also accurately predicted that Coppell wouldnt get us promoted back to the Prem.

He also predicted Derby would win the league last season.

He also predicted relegation around December of our first Premiership season but funnily enough he keeps quiet about that.

Not that it makes any difference anyway. he has an opinion and he states it just like everyone else. Sometimes it turns out to be right , sometimes it turns out to be wrong but basically he's just a clueless idiot like the rest of us.

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 18 Sep 2009 10:20

No, I wasn't there. Hence why I have not made a comment about the game.

AF1
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Ya got guns, got guns too, what up son, do you wanna battle for cash and see who Sun Tzu?

by AF1 » 18 Sep 2009 10:25

Thaumagurist* No, I wasn't there. Hence why I have not made a comment about the game.

that dont stop most on here wading in with a half sack of rubbish comments and opinions :!:

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 18 Sep 2009 10:32

in years to come, i shall be able to look back on wednesday night and say

I Was There

AF1
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Ya got guns, got guns too, what up son, do you wanna battle for cash and see who Sun Tzu?

by AF1 » 18 Sep 2009 10:33

brendywendy in years to come, i shall be able to look back on wednesday night and say

I Was There

shut up bruv you were posting on ere Weds night :roll:

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 18 Sep 2009 10:35

modern technoLOLogy is an amazing ting innit

how dare you question my loyalty credentials!!
but i saw silver fox outside, and team burbs on the econcourse if you insist on further confirmation damnit

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 18 Sep 2009 10:38

I was there, with the wife, and it was a decent nights football.

However the rollover hot dog was shit, but the bovril was very nice.