Relegation

1865 posts
windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Relegation

by windermereROYAL » 28 Aug 2021 19:08

Stranded
Notts Royal 1 win out of 5 in a reasonably decent start opposition-wise. Pauno has to be under pressure now. He’s far from convincing

Of the teams we have played 2 have 10 points from 5 and sit in the top 6.

Coventry have won 3 and sit 7th.

So whilst on paper an easy start 3 of our opponents are early pace setters - admittedly partly suetonius beating us.

And the current top two to come in the next 3 games.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 28 Aug 2021 19:11

Stranded
Notts Royal 1 win out of 5 in a reasonably decent start opposition-wise. Pauno has to be under pressure now. He’s far from convincing

So whilst on paper an easy start 3 of our opponents are early pace setters - admittedly partly suetonius beating us.

Think Stoke away has been the only remotely hard game we've had....the other 4 sides will all be bottom half

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 28 Aug 2021 21:58

Mid Sussex Royal
Stranded

Think Stoke away has been the only remotely hard game we've had....the other 4 sides will all be bottom half

Well, we played them at the wrong time then :wink: :lol:

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 28 Aug 2021 22:28

Just seen Peterborough narrowly lose to WBA and in all honesty they look a far better team than us. It’s difficult to assess all of the teams but as much as Fulham/WBA look like they’ll be promoted, we definitely look like we’ll be relegated.

I appreciate that we have 41 games left to play but I can’t see anything positive to take from our last 3 games. We look sh*t in every position and we look completely lost as a TEAM.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 29 Aug 2021 06:45

I keep coming back to the fact, assuming we sign 2 more on loan this week, we will have what 14 players who are unlikely to be at the club next season as things stand.

Most will know that they can find a deal elsewhere, will return to their parent club or possibly retire.

So, where is the urgency or investment in doing well for the club? Do they care if we are in L1 next year? No-one must enjoy losing but everyone knows the club has issues so many will likely get a free pass and pick up a contract at another Championship side for next season regardless.

It is recoverable, professional pride etc, but some are playing at the moment as if they are off and are serving notice. Maybe the window closing next week may see some buckle down but not holding out much hope as of today.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 29 Aug 2021 07:34

Stranded I keep coming back to the fact, assuming we sign 2 more on loan this week, we will have what 14 players who are unlikely to be at the club next season as things stand.

Most will know that they can find a deal elsewhere, will return to their parent club or possibly retire.

So, where is the urgency or investment in doing well for the club? Do they care if we are in L1 next year? No-one must enjoy losing but everyone knows the club has issues so many will likely get a free pass and pick up a contract at another Championship side for next season regardless.

It is recoverable, professional pride etc, but some are playing at the moment as if they are off and are serving notice. Maybe the window closing next week may see some buckle down but not holding out much hope as of today.

Nail on head

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 29 Aug 2021 07:44

I’m not sure that isn’t the case at quite a few clubs mind you. Derby seem to making a fight of things

And if we did go down, those players are certainly in a lot worse bargaining position than if we stayed up. And quite a few are prob quite happy to stay at Reading - family settled etc

If things really go tits up over the course of the season, could see this being an issue come Feb/March but it really shouldn’t be in their thoughts at the moment

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 29 Aug 2021 08:11

Hound I’m not sure that isn’t the case at quite a few clubs mind you. Derby seem to making a fight of things

And if we did go down, those players are certainly in a lot worse bargaining position than if we stayed up. And quite a few are prob quite happy to stay at Reading - family settled etc

If things really go tits up over the course of the season, could see this being an issue come Feb/March but it really shouldn’t be in their thoughts at the moment

Not sure to the level we have but you are right to an extent. As I say, it us retrievable and the hope is the window shutting solves it for now. Am expecting a couple to go this week though, most notably Laurent.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 29 Aug 2021 08:35

Expecting either Laurent or Swift to go tbh. Maybe both

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 29 Aug 2021 09:38

Hound Expecting either Laurent or Swift to go tbh. Maybe both

Out of everyone, I’m hoping it’s Ejaria we sell. Will still be worth a bit but flatters to deceive a lot for us.

Him, Puscas & Moore should be sold. And focus on extending the contracts of those who have consistently performed for us over the years, I.e. Rino

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 31 Aug 2021 09:12

Unless we need to balance the books we should not be selling anyone - and these new players are here for the first team

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 31 Aug 2021 09:43

Notts Royal

Out of everyone, I’m hoping it’s Ejaria we sell. Will still be worth a bit but flatters to deceive a lot for us.

Him, Puscas & Moore should be sold. And focus on extending the contracts of those who have consistently performed for us over the years, I.e. Rino

Puscas will not leave this window he is the only (fit) senior striker on the books, He will be here till January atleast.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 31 Aug 2021 11:47

Prob rather not sell anyone who has more than one season left on their contract either considering how many are up in the summer

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 31 Aug 2021 14:31

Good riddance. Shit players anyway.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 31 Aug 2021 14:58

Stranded I keep coming back to the fact, assuming we sign 2 more on loan this week, we will have what 14 players who are unlikely to be at the club next season as things stand.

? Do they care if we are in L1 next year?

I see what you're saying but loanees can do just as well if not better as they're often loaned out for a reason and they will either have a point to prove to their parent club or will be hoping for a deal here. Think Steve Mautone (here on loan), Oliveira, Ejaria etc etc.. In fact I honestly can't think of a loanee who has looked like they don't want to be here and didn't at last try to impress.

As for expiring contracts, same thing really - they either need to impress us or potential clubs they are hoping will be interested.

In fact the only group of players I can think of who couldn't give a toss are those on comfortable longer term contracts, especially with little competition for their places who believe they are in our longer term plans. Plenty of examples of those types.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 31 Aug 2021 15:09

Millsy

In fact I honestly can't think of a loanee who has looked like they don't want to be here and didn't at last try to impress.

Jordan Mutch.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 31 Aug 2021 15:24

CountryRoyal
Millsy

In fact I honestly can't think of a loanee who has looked like they don't want to be here and didn't at last try to impress.

Jordan Mutch.

And that young guy from West Ham under Stam, can't remember name...

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 31 Aug 2021 15:28

Mid Sussex Royal
CountryRoyal
Millsy In fact I honestly can't think of a loanee who has looked like they don't want to be here and didn't at last try to impress.

Jordan Mutch.

Jordon Mutch is still only 29 and now plays for Macarthur FC in Australia.

The other name is central defender Reece Oxford, he left West Ham for FC Augsburg in 2019 where he still plays.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 31 Aug 2021 15:29

Mid Sussex Royal
CountryRoyal
Millsy In fact I honestly can't think of a loanee who has looked like they don't want to be here and didn't at last try to impress.

Jordan Mutch.

Reece Swindon

Glenn Murray couldn’t wait to get back to Palace either.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 31 Aug 2021 15:32

If we do get Andy Carroll on a free we may aswell just give up now

1865 posts