Peter Beagrie/Sky Sports

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
howser
Hob Nob Regular

Peter Beagrie/Sky Sports

by howser » 06 Aug 2010 08:29

I dont know if this has been on here before, but reading the Peter Beagrie predictions, on Sky Sports football, for the championship made I larf ! he says

"Reading were one of the form teams at the end of last season and Brian McDermott was able to make his players believe in him. There are a lot of young players at the club and he gave them an environment to flourish by pushing some of the older guys out on loan. They have lost two quality players in Kalifa Cisse and Marek Matejovsky, but they've brought in two decent full-backs. Marcus Williams from Scunthorpe United is a left-back who likes to get forward and Andy Griffin from Stoke likes to get across the half-way line as well. Gylfi Sigurdsson is the key man and they'll be looking for him to build on a good season last year".

2 X Quality players, how many games did they start for us last year ??
and on the Brizzle city verdict

"there's also wide player Kalifa Cisse, who Steve knows from Reading"

Wide player ?? never saw him as a speedy winger ?

Get the impression that Mr Peter dont know too much about teams from the south

Still Hate Futcher!

Re: Peter Beagrie/Sky Sports

by Still Hate Futcher! » 06 Aug 2010 10:07

To be fair it's a pretty good assessment and the only major error is calling Cisse a wide man. He never said we lost two regular starters just quality players.

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Peter Beagrie/Sky Sports

by CMRoyal » 06 Aug 2010 10:11

Still Hate Futcher! To be fair it's a pretty good assessment and the only major error is calling Cisse a wide man. He never said we lost two regular starters just quality players.

Agreed, it's a decent suummary. Guardian man yesterday had Williams down as a C-B (presumably mixing him up with the Williams of...Doncaster, is it?) so I think if pro journos can be forgiven for making a small positional mistake, so can ex-pro aspiring journos.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1