Back from the game - S****horpe.

274 posts
Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Back from the game - S****horpe.

by Man Friday » 07 Aug 2010 20:06

FiNeRaIn Really worried.

A summer of investment was needed in the striker and centre back positions, instead we got two free transfers a left and right back and no investment elsewhere, same old, same old. What happens? Best centre back injured, now we are left with an incompetent one and Ivar who is also injured and has been for months. Great planning as usual, Reading board and management.

Woeful defeat against the divisions worst team who let their best players go in the summer, that really needs some perspective..opening game or not.

Another huge worry, what the hell was karacan doing on that pitch with tabb and howard available. Really poor management from BMD, he's got NOTHING on those two players and showed it today, he can't pass or finish as he's consistently proved and all he does is run around. When you have brynjar in there as the defensive midfielder..why the hell dont you have someone that can pass? Poor management from BMC, cringed at that starting lineup and turned out as expected in way of performance with a balance like that.

Yes, some surprising selections. I'm assuming Tabb and Howard weren't fully fit.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 07 Aug 2010 20:12

It was also Karacans woeful bit of play which should have seen them score from that 4v1 if it wasnt for MOM griffin.

buzzbee

by buzzbee » 07 Aug 2010 20:22

Man Friday
buzzbee Just to clear up the reason for the first goal being allowed, having watched it at half time, the ball in from their guy was actually going backwards until it hit Mills. You can't be off-side from a ball going away from goal.

I don't think that's right. What about most crosses from near the by-line with a player not receiving the ball in an active position?
That's the reason winglers are encouraged to get the by-line. If they cross from the by-line, no one can be off-side, as the ball will have to go backwards. Off-side can only be from a ball played forward by an attacking player

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

by URZZZZZZZZ » 07 Aug 2010 20:35

2 world wars, 1 world cup Kebe picked up where he left off - awesome.

What?

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

by URZZZZZZZZ » 07 Aug 2010 20:36

Oh and by the way. Saw the replay of the goal, wasn't even offside let alone the issues about who it deflected off.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 07 Aug 2010 20:42

The ref definitely struggled to control the game probably because Kevin Nolan wasn't there to tell him what to do.

Pseud O'Nym
Hob Nob Regular

by Pseud O'Nym » 07 Aug 2010 20:53

Didn't think Pearce was as bad as some are saying. Not great, but not unmitigated shit.

Sigurdsson, Gunnarsson and McAnuff were very good from the start, as was Griffin after about twenty minutes. Kebe was largely marked out of it but looked excellent the few times he got away. As TB said earlier, maybe we could have switched the wingers a few times to put off the Scunny defence?

Karachan chased and harried determinedly, won some good tackles, then gave the ball straight back to the opposition. Long didn't win a single header. I though that both McAnuff and Sigudsson went down far too easily a few times looking for free kicks when, if they'd stayed on their feet, they might well not have lost posession.

Best comedy moment: Griffin attempting to take a throw in that had already been taken.

Sour moment: People behind me in Y25 still booing and shouting about time wasting as the, obviously injured, Scunny player was stretchered down the tunnel.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 07 Aug 2010 21:00

Why is bryn getting praise? the fact he got a new 1 year deal is daylight robbery on the club. It was like playing with ten players, he contributed nothing and is so slow and imobile, time and time again Scunthorpe easily came through the middle of us in the first half, Karacan was not much better.

Why did brian not start Howard and Tabb in the middle, that decision has proved costly.

I think Pearce and Mills will come good, as i rate Mills really highly, but they under-estimated Scunthorpe, never seem to really lift themselves.

What a goal by Glyfi though, the boy is class.

I hope for a clean-sheet at pompey and we can go again against Forest.

My ratings...

Fed- 7
Griffin -7
Williams- 6
Pearce- 5
Mills -5
Bryn- 4
Karacan- 5
Kebe- 7
Mcanuff- 7
Glyfi- 8
Long- 5

thought church looked quite sharp when he came on, should have really finished though.

Anyone else travelled 135 miles each way to feel that dissapointment. Just got home

SHORT AND CURLY

by SHORT AND CURLY » 07 Aug 2010 21:01

Comedy moment for me was the clueless idiots in the East Stand booing the linesman after the first goal!
HELLO the linesman flagged. It was the ref who gave the goal!

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 07 Aug 2010 21:09

LoyalRoyal22 Why is bryn getting praise? the fact he got a new 1 year deal is daylight robbery on the club. It was like playing with ten players, he contributed nothing and is so slow and imobile, time and time again Scunthorpe easily came through the middle of us in the first half,
WTF'in game were you at?

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 07 Aug 2010 21:11

Hopefully the atmosphere will pick up in the next few games.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 07 Aug 2010 21:11

AthleticoSpizz
LoyalRoyal22 Why is bryn getting praise? the fact he got a new 1 year deal is daylight robbery on the club. It was like playing with ten players, he contributed nothing and is so slow and imobile, time and time again Scunthorpe easily came through the middle of us in the first half,
WTF'in game were you at?

I think apart from the time he chased the ball down twice in quick succesion down the left wing in first half, he did nothing all game. literally nothing. are you saying that scunthorpe did not play striaght through us in midfield in the first half, bryn and karacan were nowhere to be seen. what game were you at?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 07 Aug 2010 21:14

obviously the same one as the other posters on this thread (other than the pre-opinioned you)

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 07 Aug 2010 21:15

AthleticoSpizz obviously the same one as the other posters on this thread (other than the pre-opinioned you)

well come on someone...tell me what he offered today? would love to hear it......

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 07 Aug 2010 21:19

and also brian was not impressed as Bryn was the first to be subbed.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 07 Aug 2010 21:20

LoyalRoyal22
AthleticoSpizz obviously the same one as the other posters on this thread (other than the pre-opinioned you)

well come on someone...tell me what he offered today? would love to hear it......
you obviously had a problem with him before he took to the field today

You gave him 4/10

The other marks suggested 7/10

I didn't expect him to start today... I was pleasently surprised

OLLIE KEARNS

by OLLIE KEARNS » 07 Aug 2010 21:20

I had an uneasy feeling about today as soon as I saw the Bryn / Jem CM combination. This is a pairing I'd choose away to Barnsley in the middle of Feb on a crap pitch. The Sig/Tabb/Howard combination on a great playing surface means we can play in that central area which pulls oppostion midfield players in and creates space for our wide men. When the wide men are given space we win, simple as that.
Today we launched it from back to front and rarely had any controlled posession in the final third. Just fighting for scraps all day long. Bryn and Jem can both play a holding role of 3 but playing them together, especially at home, was an odd decision.
Aside from that our centre backs performace was nothing less than shocking. Both pulled all over the place by the excellent Forte and Mills has a Jeff Overton blame the spike marks moment (for the golfers amongst us) with the second goal. Blame anyone / anything but himself for not dealing with the cross.
Acquiring another CB in the next week or so could be crucial

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 07 Aug 2010 21:21

AthleticoSpizz
LoyalRoyal22

you obviously had a problem with him before he took to the field today

You gave him 4/10

The other marks suggested 7/10

I didn't expect him to start today... I was pleasently surprised

well cying as he was first to be subbed off, me and brian M ovbiously agree. And i value his opinion more than you deluded posters in your `love to love bryn club`

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 07 Aug 2010 21:23

Bryn on 1-1

Bryn off 1-2

as suggested the most strangest thing was to see him start in the first place

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 07 Aug 2010 21:24

He's the oldest player in the team that's why he was subbed first it had nothing to do with the quality of his performance.
Last edited by sandman on 07 Aug 2010 21:28, edited 1 time in total.

274 posts