Back from the game - S****horpe.

274 posts
Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Back from the game - S****horpe.

by Mr Angry » 07 Aug 2010 21:26

Some points of view:

1. Am I mistaken in thinking that Mills is more a left sided central defender, but had to move to the right side today to accomadate Pearce? Cos Mills was at fault for both goals (let Forte turn him far too easily for the first and was woeful for the 2nd).

2. We need a new centre half.

3. Williams - didn't go up the line ahead of Jobi often enough, so slowing down the attacks on the left; also looked a little unfit (one run back to his position from deep in Scunny's half was very laboured) but he did show flashes of talent, so I have hopes!

4. Karacan got caught out of position a few times, leaving a big inviting hole for Scunny to play through.

5. Antonio is a raw talent with vast potential.

6. Well done to Long staying on when clearly crocked - AND managing to put over a couple of wicked crosses as well!

7. Griffin v 4 Scunny players; superb defending by an expereinced pro.

8. Sigi will be a Premiership player in 12 months.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 07 Aug 2010 21:27

Today again showed me why I think Karacan is not good enough. He just keeps giving the ball away. obviously the worst and most noticeable occasion today was when he tried to do it all himself on the edge of their box then lost the ball leaving Griffin against 4 attackers. Luckily Griffin won that battle and then gave Karacan a few strong words. On coutless other occasions he misplaced simple passes or had a bad first touch thus putting himself in trouble.

Bryn, whilst a very good player, still doesn't look like he can last 90 minutes. Tabb and Howard next time please.

Also Church is a far better option up front and is much more of a team player than Long.

Today we just needed to get the ball down, get it wide and get Kebe and McAnuff running at their full backs and putting low fast balls in to the box. We were not going to win much in the air so the low cross would have been the better option placed between defender and goalkeeper.

Obviously a new central defender is needed and to be honest I hope I don't see Pearce in a Reading shirt again. Noce lad, but he just isn't good enough and he's had enough chances now.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 07 Aug 2010 21:27

LoyalRoyal22
AthleticoSpizz
LoyalRoyal22

well come on someone...tell me what he offered today? would love to hear it......
you obviously had a problem with him before he took to the field today

You gave him 4/10

The other marks suggested 7/10

I didn't expect him to start today... I was pleasently surprised

well cying as he was first to be subbed off, me and brian M ovbiously agree. And i value his opinion more than you deluded posters in your `love to love bryn club`

That's a pretty enormous leap of logic.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 07 Aug 2010 21:27

LoyalRoyal22
AthleticoSpizz obviously the same one as the other posters on this thread (other than the pre-opinioned you)

well come on someone...tell me what he offered today? would love to hear it......

Point proven.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 07 Aug 2010 21:33

There is only one thing proven here :roll:

The Cap
Hob Nob Regular

by The Cap » 07 Aug 2010 21:38

terminal said:

But I did roll my eyes when I heard the boos at the final whistle

Think you'll find these were aimed at the ref.

joe999

by joe999 » 07 Aug 2010 21:38

Quite a frustrating one all round.

I thought at times we looked quite good, particularly for a couple of 15 minute spells towards the start and end. Kebe and Mcanuff looked sharp when they got the service, Griffin was immense, both Bryn and Tabb battling very, very well. And we have the makings of a very solid, very disciplinied team.

However, it goes without saying, let down immensely by a few key points.

1. Long cannot play up front on his own. I really like the guy, I think he puts in a load of effort every game, and feeds off what he can playing up by himself, but just not beefy enough to be a lone striker. The only possible answer IMO would be rasiak, but a signing, either permanent or loan, is needed, and quickly.

2. Our central defence. Pearce is the same as Long for me, I respect him for putting in 100% every game, but he's just not championship quality I'm afraid.
Don't even get me started on Mills. Money-grabbing c**t who I'd rather never see in a Reading shirt ever again. Contender for the worst centre back I've seen for us in the 15 years I've been going. Played about one good game for us ever, and is a loose cannon. Signing needed. Someone with a bit of pace might look Pearce look like a passable championship player.

3. Depth in squad. One or two injuries ad we're kind of fcuked at the moment.

Real potential in places, and definitely the start of a quality team, but time to get your wallet out John.

rob the royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rob the royal » 07 Aug 2010 21:38

Personally I'd say 5.5/10 for Bryn. I thought he was better than Jem but nothing special, just tried to get at them and win back possession as much as possible and was neat and tidy for the most part.

That reminds me... RATINGS!

Fed 5.5 Not much to do except pick the ball out of his net.
Griffin 6.5 His one-man defending against the breaking hordes of Scunnys was immense - solid throughout.
Mills 5 Hard job to do because of lacking central partner.
Pearce 4.5 Not despicably bad - just pretty poor. Slow, letting balls bounce all over the shop, poor direction on headers, slow, can't pick a pass longer than 10 yards. Anyone see him sprinting to get back when Griffin was doing his one man last stand? He could have done with borrowing the first aid buggy.
Williams 5 Nothing special, nothing awful.
Kebe 6 Pretty decent at times - worrying the defence with his pace and trickery. got some balls in the box and did some good running.
Karacan 5 Just didn't impose himself on the game - he should sit and watch that video of him against Liverpool in the first leg and seek to hit that standard week in week out - then he'd be a massive player for us. As it was I'd question his usefulness in the side after today.
Bryn 5.5 Pretty decent for the most part.
McAnuff 5.5 Also pretty decent, but not as good as Kebe. Injured for quite some time.
Sig 6.5 Played a good game and scored a cracking goal. Joint MOM with Griffin.
Long 5 Like I said for Williams, nothing special, nothing awful.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 07 Aug 2010 21:39

The Cap terminal said:

But I did roll my eyes when I heard the boos at the final whistle

Think you'll find these were aimed at the ref.

Misguidedly at the ref. He didn't do much wrong today and get a huge decision correct, even if it didn't go for us.....

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 07 Aug 2010 21:40

joe999 Don't even get me started on Mills. Money-grabbing c**t who I'd rather never see in a Reading shirt ever again. Contender for the worst centre back I've seen for us in the 15 years I've been going. Played about one good game for us ever, and is a loose cannon. Signing needed.

:shock:

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 07 Aug 2010 21:42

LoyalRoyal22 Why is bryn getting praise? the fact he got a new 1 year deal is daylight robbery on the club. It was like playing with ten players, he contributed nothing and is so slow and imobile, time and time again Scunthorpe easily came through the middle of us in the first half, Karacan was not much better.

joe999 Don't even get me started on Mills. Money-grabbing c**t who I'd rather never see in a Reading shirt ever again. Contender for the worst centre back I've seen for us in the 15 years I've been going. Played about one good game for us ever, and is a loose cannon. Signing needed. Someone with a bit of pace might look Pearce look like a passable championship player.

Day release at the local nut house again is it.
Last edited by sandman on 07 Aug 2010 21:45, edited 1 time in total.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 07 Aug 2010 21:44

Ian Royal
joe999 Don't even get me started on Mills. Money-grabbing c**t who I'd rather never see in a Reading shirt ever again. Contender for the worst centre back I've seen for us in the 15 years I've been going. Played about one good game for us ever, and is a loose cannon. Signing needed.

:shock:

Bit harsh on Mills. He had a fantastic end to last season after not getting in the side under Rodgers.

joe999

by joe999 » 07 Aug 2010 21:46

Personally don't agree. But that's just me. Thought he was at fault for both the goals today, and many more last season. I personally don't rate him at all, but I'm more than willing to be proved wrong if he pulls off a few MOTM performances in the coming months.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 07 Aug 2010 21:52

joe999 Personally don't agree. But that's just me. Thought he was at fault for both the goals today, and many more last season. I personally don't rate him at all, but I'm more than willing to be proved wrong if he pulls off a few MOTM performances in the coming months.

I think Mills put in a couple of MOTM performances last season.

joe999

by joe999 » 07 Aug 2010 21:52

I dont. Maybe one. Maximum.

Corky341

by Corky341 » 07 Aug 2010 21:55

After the World Cup, I thought a player was NOT off-side if a defender had 'delibrately' passed back to the keeper or whomever. But having checked the pfficial FA Website i learnt this:_

http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/RulesandRegu ... 201011.pdf

OOps. Page 31.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 07 Aug 2010 22:27

joe999 Quite a frustrating one all round.

I thought at times we looked quite good, particularly for a couple of 15 minute spells towards the start and end. Kebe and Mcanuff looked sharp when they got the service, Griffin was immense, both Bryn and Tabb battling very, very well. And we have the makings of a very solid, very disciplinied team.

However, it goes without saying, let down immensely by a few key points.

1. Long cannot play up front on his own. I really like the guy, I think he puts in a load of effort every game, and feeds off what he can playing up by himself, but just not beefy enough to be a lone striker. The only possible answer IMO would be rasiak, but a signing, either permanent or loan, is needed, and quickly.

2. Our central defence. Pearce is the same as Long for me, I respect him for putting in 100% every game, but he's just not championship quality I'm afraid.
Don't even get me started on Mills. Money-grabbing c**t who I'd rather never see in a Reading shirt ever again. Contender for the worst centre back I've seen for us in the 15 years I've been going. Played about one good game for us ever, and is a loose cannon. Signing needed. Someone with a bit of pace might look Pearce look like a passable championship player.

3. Depth in squad. One or two injuries ad we're kind of fcuked at the moment.

Real potential in places, and definitely the start of a quality team, but time to get your wallet out John.

Mills was rubbish today, but thats well harsh. I think on his day he is one of the best CB in the league. Second half of season last year he was brilliant at times.

NR_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by NR_Royal » 07 Aug 2010 22:54

We should really be playing 4-4-2 at home. If we had Long/Church or Long/Rasiak up front I'm sure we can attack better.

Maybe use 4-5-1 against strong opposition, but against Scunthorpe, I'd like to see us control the game.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 07 Aug 2010 23:01

NR_Royal We should really be playing 4-4-2 at home. If we had Long/Church or Long/Rasiak up front I'm sure we can attack better.

Maybe use 4-5-1 against strong opposition, but against Scunthorpe, I'd like to see us control the game.

It's not a defensive formation, mate.

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 07 Aug 2010 23:02

NR_Royal We should really be playing 4-4-2 at home. If we had Long/Church or Long/Rasiak up front I'm sure we can attack better.

Hows that midfield gunna work though

274 posts