Mcd says we haven't got any cash....

723 posts
Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Mcd says we haven't got any cash....

by Sun Tzu » 21 Aug 2010 22:00

frimmers3 and your "champions league winner" to appear in a reading shirt is?

Research it yourself....

Should get you through the night !!

A significantly better player than Sheringham.

frimmers3
Hob Nob Addict

by frimmers3 » 21 Aug 2010 22:02

Sun Tzu
frimmers3 and your "champions league winner" to appear in a reading shirt is?

Research it yourself....

Should get you through the night !!

A significantly better player than Sheringham.

of course. the name springs to mind immediately. not.are you playing for time?..ohh.. silly me..saun goater!!! feed him..he will score(given twenty thousand chances).......

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 21 Aug 2010 22:16

Why would I need to play for time ?

I've set you a little challenge....

You have nothing to do until the morning, the whole of the internet available.

So go find out....

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 21 Aug 2010 22:40

Chris Makin, isn't it?

joe999

by joe999 » 22 Aug 2010 04:23

Just going back a couple of pages here to the whole "SJM shouldnt have to spend his money, but if he wont then hes not in the right business" debate...

Was very interesting to hear Billy Davies' post match interview for the BBC today, where at the end he said "In places we looked quite thin today...." blah blah blah... and ended with... "we MUST strengthen the squad before the transfer window shut"

Would there be any sense in McDermott doing an interview along the same lines?

Basically a "The squads too thin, we strengthen or we're fcuked" kind of interview.

Just putting it out there.

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 22 Aug 2010 08:13

Row Z Royal Chris Makin, isn't it?

Good call !!

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 22 Aug 2010 08:16

joe999 Just going back a couple of pages here to the whole "SJM shouldnt have to spend his money, but if he wont then hes not in the right business" debate...

Was very interesting to hear Billy Davies' post match interview for the BBC today, where at the end he said "In places we looked quite thin today...." blah blah blah... and ended with... "we MUST strengthen the squad before the transfer window shut"

Would there be any sense in McDermott doing an interview along the same lines?

Basically a "The squads too thin, we strengthen or we're fcuked" kind of interview.

Just putting it out there.

I think the manager needs to know his chairman. SJM hates being put on the spot or publically challenged and I suspect if McD went public it would be utterly counter productive. His best route (IMHO) would be to have a right go privately, with a properly worked out 'business case' showing what he has brought in this summer, what the problems are and his solutions and explain to SJM the exact risks of not getting in an extra c/b.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 22 Aug 2010 10:42

Money earned by the football club should be spent on the FOOTBALL CLUB, not spent on expanding a flaming hotel. But as he has done that in the past, why can't it work the other way - why can't he take money out of the hotel in order to put into the football club? :|

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 22 Aug 2010 11:27

JM doesnt have any money. This isn't some kind of genius business plan or an attempt to screw the club. His empire has taken a massive hit. The idea that he is holding money back in any form is just wrong.

The club does have to move on and that is what we should be talking about.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 22 Aug 2010 11:30

I think he still has the club's best intentions at heart, I haven't got any problem with the Chairman.

Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 22 Aug 2010 11:53

There's no questioning his intentions. Is he the best man to move the club forward in the future? Clubs need outside investment just to survive, JM has no money to invest. As much as I hate the idea, think the time has come when it is best for JM too move on. The club needs investment and JM needs the cash.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 22 Aug 2010 11:57

He has said many times that he wants to give the club to someone else.
Just because the right person hasn't turned up that doesn't mean that he will let the club fester through frustration.

He's doing fine for me.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 22 Aug 2010 12:22

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe There's no questioning his intentions. Is he the best man to move the club forward in the future? Clubs need outside investment just to survive, JM has no money to invest. As much as I hate the idea, think the time has come when it is best for JM too move on. The club needs investment and JM needs the cash.

Well that's alright then, I'm sure some trustworthy investor with hundreds more millions than JM will magically turn up out of nowhere in the middle of a recession.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 22 Aug 2010 12:23

RUBBISH

2 points from 9 and 120 mins needed to beat Torquay in carLOLing cup 1-0

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 22 Aug 2010 12:24

Not sure what u mean by fester through frustration, but JM certainly can't afford to put any money in.

I'd love to know what his actual plans are, I know he wants to sell and I know he's implied he really needs the cash. Is he holding out for too much? Does he want to keep hold of the hotel?

Football clubs can't stand still, we've seen that oh so clearly and it is the reason we are in the situation we are now in. You can't do that without investment and unlike last time there is actually no money.

It Is What It Is

by It Is What It Is » 22 Aug 2010 12:25

Ian Royal
Smoking Kills Dancing Doe There's no questioning his intentions. Is he the best man to move the club forward in the future? Clubs need outside investment just to survive, JM has no money to invest. As much as I hate the idea, think the time has come when it is best for JM too move on. The club needs investment and JM needs the cash.

Well that's alright then, I'm sure some trustworthy investor with hundreds more millions than JM will magically turn up out of nowhere in the middle of a recession.

Maybe Mr M' should do an exhibition of the club abroad, like they do for spanish villas to try and get interest from potential peoples... :lol:

Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 22 Aug 2010 12:31

Why do we need a chairman with hundred of millions? We just need someone who can invest a small amount into an already very well run club. We don't need a sugar daddy, just someone who can afford a little outside investment. Just like JM used to be able too.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 22 Aug 2010 12:39

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe Why do we need a chairman with hundred of millions? We just need someone who can invest a small amount into an already very well run club. We don't need a sugar daddy, just someone who can afford a little outside investment. Just like JM used to be able too.

Because JM is worth hundreds of millions and he can't afford it. Therefore you need someone with much more money. Certainly to take us to the next level. Very few (reliable) investors are going to be willing to put large proportions of their money into the club. And I doubt there are a great many multi-millionaires out there at the moment with large amounts of liquid capital.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 22 Aug 2010 12:41

Before we really got stuck into our climb to the promised land, there was a story circulating about an encounter between Ken Bates and John Madejski. According to the story, Madejski was in his Bentley when he pulled up alongside Bates who travelling in somewghat more modest style. Bates is reported to have wound down his window and told Madejski 'You may have a bigger car than me but you'll never have a bigger football club'.

Perhaps our best bet is that a few more Chairman dent Madejski's ego by taking the P out of the current standing of RFC!

Northern Git

by Northern Git » 22 Aug 2010 12:51

Royal Lady Money earned by the football club should be spent on the FOOTBALL CLUB, not spent on expanding a flaming hotel. But as he has done that in the past, why can't it work the other way - why can't he take money out of the hotel in order to put into the football club? :|

Because any spare cash is being used to prop up his struggling print business. From and Interview with Print Week 28/6/2010

Jo Francis (intervewer):So you can carry on funding the businesses that need funding?

JM's reply: Absolutely, yes. We’ve got many assets that are still producing revenue. Malaysian Motor Trader is one of them, this [Madejski Stadium] is another, the Royal Palm Hotel in the Galapagos… that’s the only five-star hotel in the Galapagos Islands.

Full article here, several references to RFC

http://www.printweek.com/PrintWeekDaily/InDepth/Features/1011897/Sir-John-Madejski-Interview-Knight-passion-invests-future/?DCMP=EMC-PrintWeekDailyBulletin

723 posts