Mcd says we haven't got any cash....

723 posts
RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Gylfi or Zurab - But not both???

by RobRoyal » 31 Aug 2010 17:18

buzzbee Personally, I would prefer to have Gylfi here, because we don’t have much in the way of goals in the team, so his contribution in that department will be key. Zurab will be an upgrade on Pearce, but I don’t think the difference between them is as big as the offensive gap left by Gylfi.

Hey, you might just be right.

I guess that's why one of them is worth £6m or more, and the other has been allowed to leave their club on loan.

Just a thought.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Gylfi or Zurab - But not both???

by Millsy » 31 Aug 2010 17:31

This is going to be unpopular I know (and rather against the drivel I've been spouting recently) but...

Zurab is more important than Gylfi atm.

CM: We have Tabb, Gunnar, Karacan, Howard

CB: VERY SHORT on cover. Zurab is an absolute must.

A team with Gylfi and no Zurab would continue to look good going forward but would leak stupid goals. Stupid goals have been our downfall so far this season.

A team without Gylfi but a decent defensive line (which we now have, to be fair) will be a solid one, and it is likely that whilst none of our current midfielders will ever match up to Gylfi, given the chance and a helping hand by the fantastic coach that is McDermott, we are more likely than not to be pleasantly surprised by them as we settle into a decent central pairing.

The final part of the jigsaw to aid the midfiel'd 'problem' and give us some added bite will of course be a prolific striker, which has to be our utmost priority now. BUT this would've been a priority whether or not Gylfi stayed.

So in summary: I'd rather have Zurab than Gylfi.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Mcd says we haven't got any cash....

by Man Friday » 31 Aug 2010 17:32

brendywendy regardless of how much he has, youre still asking him to throw it away.

i wouldnt, and i actually support the team

I'm not asking him to throw it away. I'm asking him to invest it in the club. He's the owner. That's what owners are supposed to do. O/W clear rhe decks for somebody who is prepared to.

723 posts