We love you Feds!

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

Re: We love you Feds!

by Rex » 15 Sep 2010 06:56

Agrred Ben but by christ we were lucky a barn door couldn't be hit from 6 yards last night.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 15 Sep 2010 11:10

I didn't bother going last night but it sounded from the radio commentry tthat he had a very good game.

I saw the save from Morrison on the TV this morning and it wasn't quite as good as the one I heard on the radio, but he got us a clean sheet and mroe than played his part, so credit where it's due.

Niko

by Niko » 15 Sep 2010 12:27

The Real Sandhurst Royal Worst keeping error by an RFC keeper since I have been supporting Reading.

Basics...it is clear in front of me YES, kick the ball or NO, hold onto the ball!!

Sorry for all you USA fans, but does no-one ever remember an away game a while ago where he took a "quick" free kick straight into one of the opposition players, only for them to go on to slide it into an empty net? or was he entirely blameless that day...

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 15 Sep 2010 12:51

Marcus made plenty of howlers during his time here.

The most impressive thing about both Feds and Marcus is their ability in one on ones. Both stay big for a long time and won't sell themselves early. Both have made many excellent saves in those situations where less smart / brave 'keepers would have gone down a fraction early and help make the striker's mind up.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 15 Sep 2010 13:42

Niko
The Real Sandhurst Royal Worst keeping error by an RFC keeper since I have been supporting Reading.

Basics...it is clear in front of me YES, kick the ball or NO, hold onto the ball!!

Sorry for all you USA fans, but does no-one ever remember an away game a while ago where he took a "quick" free kick straight into one of the opposition players, only for them to go on to slide it into an empty net? or was he entirely blameless that day...

The only incident similar to the one you describe i can think of is the Brighton HOME match. When an indirect free kick was given, without thinking about it, Marcus chucked the ball to them, they took it and Paul Brooker of all people rolled it into the empty net.

Hahnemann like ALL goalkeepers did make mistakes while here, did cost a few goals. Mainly from crosses were his main source of errors. Andy Johnson nicked one off him at Everton, had te same thing against Pompey. Worst error I can remeber Hahnemann doing was against Watford when a weak cross slipped through his hands and their guy tapped it in. As it happened Reading were losing 1-0 anyway so it didn't have much impact on the result other than ruining dariusz bet :lol:

That's the only really rank bad one that I remember Hahnemann doing. Please do correct me if i'm wrong. Basic handling, really poor errors that is.

Federici I can think of instantly Man Utd at home and Evra's shot, WBA away in the cup (that's still the worst one imo) Sheff Utd at home, Palace at home last year, plus of the course the kick against Forest.

However, he does make some brilliant saves no one can deny that. And where Federici is actually better than Hahnemann in my opinion is that when he does go for crosses he invariably gets there and holds on. He should do it more because he's good at it.

What is Federici 24/25? So he's still got LOADS of time on his side, I would hazard a guess it's just lapses in his concentration that does for him on occassions, if he can cut out the stupid errors he'll be a very decent keeper. As it is he is undoubtedly the current best option for the number 1 jersey at Reading and it's a case of accepting the rough with the smooth with him at the minute.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 15 Sep 2010 14:04

There was a similar one against Pompey in the Prem where he let the ball go straight through his hands allowing Campbell to score for them. We were already down to 10 men though due to Sonko being sent off in the 4th min, so doubt it would have changed the final result.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 15 Sep 2010 14:43

Stranded There was a similar one against Pompey in the Prem where he let the ball go straight through his hands allowing Campbell to score for them. We were already down to 10 men though due to Sonko being sent off in the 4th min, so doubt it would have changed the final result.

Yep that's a fair shout, again from a cross.

There must have been one or two down the years (law of averages) but i can't think of them off the top of my head.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 15 Sep 2010 15:02

Alan Partridge

The only incident similar to the one you describe i can think of is the Brighton HOME match. When an indirect free kick was given, without thinking about it, Marcus chucked the ball to them, they took it and Paul Brooker of all people rolled it into the empty net.

Hahnemann like ALL goalkeepers did make mistakes while here, did cost a few goals. Mainly from crosses were his main source of errors. Andy Johnson nicked one off him at Everton, had te same thing against Pompey. Worst error I can remeber Hahnemann doing was against Watford when a weak cross slipped through his hands and their guy tapped it in. As it happened Reading were losing 1-0 anyway so it didn't have much impact on the result other than ruining dariusz bet :lol:

That's the only really rank bad one that I remember Hahnemann doing. Please do correct me if i'm wrong. Basic handling, really poor errors that is.

Was that really Hahnemann?

For no obvious reason my memory is always of that being Whitehead, passing the ball to Zamora who then fed Brooker.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 15 Sep 2010 15:30

Alan Partridge
Stranded There was a similar one against Pompey in the Prem where he let the ball go straight through his hands allowing Campbell to score for them. We were already down to 10 men though due to Sonko being sent off in the 4th min, so doubt it would have changed the final result.

Yep that's a fair shout, again from a cross.

There must have been one or two down the years (law of averages) but i can't think of them off the top of my head.

Last game of the season V Birmingham 08/09. A pretty crucial game too.

Your point stands though.There really aren't that many given how long he was with us. An exceptional keeper.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 15 Sep 2010 18:24

West Stand Man
Alan Partridge

Was that really Hahnemann?

For no obvious reason my memory is always of that being Whitehead, passing the ball to Zamora who then fed Brooker.

Just checked with a friend and they also thought that incident was Whitehead. Hmmmmm.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 15 Sep 2010 18:28

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 15 Sep 2010 18:33

Royal Rother This should clear up that one...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 898379.stm

Playing one up at home we deserved to lose. :wink:

parky
Hob Nob Regular

by parky » 15 Sep 2010 19:33

Ahaha, This must be where Paul Kitson came from.

M-U-R-T-Y
Hob Nob Regular

by M-U-R-T-Y » 15 Sep 2010 22:45

I remember that game, cracking strike by Cureton.