Gylfi is leaving Reading

1419 posts
Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Gylfi is leaving Reading

by Snowball » 31 Aug 2010 13:05

Still Hate Futcher! So have text subscribers heard anything yet? I understand that's 'the only way to get all the latest news first' (well the official site certainly isn't)!

I expect us to finally sign Zurab to sugar the pill a little. Not sure what else, if anything, I expect. I'm certainly underwhelmed at the thought of Fryatt - is he any more prolific at Leicester than Church, Long or Hunt are for us?

Scored almost a goal every two league starts last season

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 31 Aug 2010 13:06

Big Foot
Smoking Kills Dancing Doe Fryatt would do a job, think he could get up to 20 goals with the right team around.

Still think a top quality centre mid is the key if we're going to play 442, someone who will run the game. Or a direct replacement for Sig if we want to keep the current formation.

Think we all know who we will be getting at centre half.

3 quality players in and the squad will have been improved and I think there will be a few caps in hand. Only if there is an improvement though, with the money spent on quality players.

He's more of the same, another 5ft 11 striker - yawn

We need game changers, we've seen already this season that clubs have sussed us out

Not sure I can think of many game changers we could get. I don't think Fryatt's style is that similar to Long/Hunt/Church. I actually think he could do well playing off a mobile forward like Hunt or Long, taking advantage of the space they create. Both Hunt and Long have there faults but they are pretty good at pulling centre halves out of position. I think Fryatt is an intelligent enough to take advantage of that.

Would not mean much if we didn't get a quality centre mid to dictate the play in a 442.

holsgrove breaks a leg

by holsgrove breaks a leg » 31 Aug 2010 13:10

i predict a fryatt

Jeffers217

by Jeffers217 » 31 Aug 2010 13:10

Big Foot
Smoking Kills Dancing Doe Fryatt would do a job, think he could get up to 20 goals with the right team around.

Still think a top quality centre mid is the key if we're going to play 442, someone who will run the game. Or a direct replacement for Sig if we want to keep the current formation.

Think we all know who we will be getting at centre half.

3 quality players in and the squad will have been improved and I think there will be a few caps in hand. Only if there is an improvement though, with the money spent on quality players.

He's more of the same, another 5ft 11 striker - yawn

We need game changers, we've seen already this season that clubs have sussed us out

Not sure I can think of many game changers we could get. I don't think Fryatt's style is that similar to Long/Hunt/Church. I actually think he could do well playing off a mobile forward like Hunt or Long, taking advantage of the space they create. Both Hunt and Long have there faults but they are pretty good at pulling centre halves out of position. I think Fryatt is an intelligent enough to take advantage of that.

Would not mean much if we didn't get a quality centre mid to dictate the play in a 442.

100% agreed, Karacan and Howard are good players but will get greatly exposed without someone in front of them

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 31 Aug 2010 13:13

Sarah Star So one family can have four different surnames

YEp, so they usually are referred to by personal names. If you look back at that Icelandic article quoted by Icelandic Stokie, it refers to Siggy by full name once, and then called him Glyfi Thor throughout.

There are only c.200,000 Icelanders, so I guess it's not too much of a problem for them.

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 31 Aug 2010 13:16

rabidbee
Sarah Star So one family can have four different surnames

YEp, so they usually are referred to by personal names. If you look back at that Icelandic article quoted by Icelandic Stokie, it refers to Siggy by full name once, and then called him Glyfi Thor throughout.

There are only c.200,000 Icelanders, so I guess it's not too much of a problem for them.

Apparently in the phonebook they're listed by first names. It just wouldn't work here... or would it?

(This should be in AE :( )

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 31 Aug 2010 13:17

Jeffers217
Big Foot He's more of the same, another 5ft 11 striker - yawn

100% agreed, Karacan and Howard are good players but will get greatly exposed without someone in front of them

I think the 1st choice midfield partnership moving forwards will be Tabb and Howard/A.N.Other signing

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 31 Aug 2010 13:18

Ian Harte's free-kicks > Gylfi's free-kicks.

Kitson12
Hob Nob Regular

by Kitson12 » 31 Aug 2010 13:19

Maguire Ian Harte's free-kicks > Gylfi's free-kicks.

What an absolute crock of Oxf*rd.

Samrfc01

by Samrfc01 » 31 Aug 2010 13:19

Gylfi>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Harte

MartinRdg

by MartinRdg » 31 Aug 2010 13:20

Kitson12
Some Icelandic bloke on the EP Transfer WebChat Reading have made an offer for Icelandic attacking midfielder Theodor Elmar Bjarnason who plays for IFK Gothenborg. Great player, the most technically gifted Icelandic player atm.

If true, GTFI?

Didn't we already have the most technically gifted Icelandic player atm?

Kitson12
Hob Nob Regular

by Kitson12 » 31 Aug 2010 13:21

MartinRdg
Kitson12
Some Icelandic bloke on the EP Transfer WebChat Reading have made an offer for Icelandic attacking midfielder Theodor Elmar Bjarnason who plays for IFK Gothenborg. Great player, the most technically gifted Icelandic player atm.

If true, GTFI?

Yes, I'm merely quoting. I can't see many being as gifted as the Sig!

Samrfc01

by Samrfc01 » 31 Aug 2010 13:23

Tbf the Icelandic U21's or U20's are meant to be really good and that cant all be down to Sig

IcelandicStokie

by IcelandicStokie » 31 Aug 2010 13:24

MartinRdg
Kitson12

If true, GTFI?

Theodor Elmar Bjarnason is a very gifted player but not as good as Gylfi. Yes he can do the sublime every so often but he doesnt deliver, his goals per game ratio is poor and he has also the tendency to fall out with people, inclubding the Iceland manager who now refuses to pick him. WIth his head screwed on, Bjarnason is an excellent player. He is like Icelands Quaresma, great promise, has it all but never delivers. Would stay away.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 31 Aug 2010 13:24

Kitson12

:wink:

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 31 Aug 2010 13:26

Even if we bring a player(s) in, they are going to face very high levels of expectation and pressure. They will need to start performing well, very early on, or face becoming the targets of the boo boys. Colin Gordon and Michael Meaker being two examples where Reading fans felt they had been shortchanged, losing a hero and seeing him replaced by an average player at best.

donface
Hob Nob Regular
Location: doing favours for some guys who look like tusken raiders

by donface » 31 Aug 2010 13:26

Maguire
Kitson12

:wink:

Mags?

Mags?

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 31 Aug 2010 13:27

Agreed

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 31 Aug 2010 13:27

donface Mags?

Mags?

He's been banned and i've taken over his account.

hobnob

donface
Hob Nob Regular
Location: doing favours for some guys who look like tusken raiders

by donface » 31 Aug 2010 13:28

Maguire
donface Mags?

Mags?

He's been banned and i've taken over his account.

hobnob

About time too tbf

1419 posts