Re: Harte Signs

by Kitson12 » 02 Sep 2010 14:38

What numbers will Zurab and Harte take?

Nick Shorey my Lord!
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Nick Shorey my Lord! » 02 Sep 2010 14:39

Kitson12 What numbers will Zurab and Harte take?

3.14 and -78.53421

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 02 Sep 2010 16:49

Kitson12 What numbers will Zurab and Harte take?

13, 22, 47, 63, 85

Or a spring roll, hong kong ribs, beef in black bean sauce, kung po prawns and a large egg fried rice

Always_Royal

by Always_Royal » 02 Sep 2010 17:54

It would seem that Harte knew he was coming before the Saturday game and we paid a lot more than 50K.

http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/carlisle-u ... h=/1.49997

NR_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by NR_Royal » 02 Sep 2010 19:22

Oh dear god that sounds like it was at least £250k... :shock:

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 02 Sep 2010 19:27

Well run club my foot.

sheshnu

by sheshnu » 02 Sep 2010 19:43

Seems strange to me that there are some Reading fans who don't believe a word the club says, but as soon as somebody else opens their mouth it's taken as gospel :|

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 02 Sep 2010 19:44

rotherwick_royal Judging by the negativity around here, Williams is becoming the new Cummings. Have to admit I haven't seen much of him (Forest game only) but didn't think he was that bad. I think too many people around here are too quick to slate newcomers if they don't turn out to be immediate successes.

Exactly.

Kitson was no great shakes in his first few games and Murty didn't set aything alight.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 02 Sep 2010 20:23

RobRoyal
Yellowcoat On some of the Carlisle forums it was suggested that he did not actually sign which was one of the reasons they sold him to get the money now rather than leave for nothing later. Not the first time Sky may have got things wrong but I an not going to bother to research who is right.

I'd back what the manager said to the BBC and Sky rather than some mongs on a forum like this one:

"Ian has been fantastic for us since he signed and I am delighted that this is now done and dusted.

You'd be wrong though. Come join the mongs!

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 02 Sep 2010 20:41

winchester_royal TBH Floyd I think most of us are just excited at the prospect of not having to watch Marcus Williams play.

Amen, i really hope people who watch games can see just how poor williams is. Someone that slow who only has 1 foot and no ability should be in League 2

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 02 Sep 2010 20:52

Its obvious at the moment that a number of posters on here have got to the stage where ANYTHING the club says or does is automatically disbelieved and rubbished, or ANYBODY the club sign is seen as simply not being good enough.

As an example - everyone was demanding Khiz to come back to the club; yet when he re-signs, at best nobody seems to give a monkeys; at worst its seen as another cheap option by Mr Mad.

If you are in that frame of mind, then you have to ask yourself, what am I doing here?

All of this negativity is frankly sh1t; if you are all so wound up about how the club is (in your opinion) going to the dogs, then form your own club like fans of Wimbledon, Man Utd and Chester have done - nobody holds a gun to your head to support RFC!

Right now, and for the foreseeable future (at least 2 or 3 Years IMHO) we are going to be going through some pretty tough times both on and off the pitch; those of you who don't have the stomach for the struggle ahead, and who can only stand on the sidelines moaning and whinging, I say this - pi$$ off and go and support Chelsea, or Man City or someone else who is going to give you the instant success you so crave (and think you are entitled to), because what Reading FC will need from here on in are 100% committed SUPPORTERS who are going to support the club and the team come thick and thin, in bad times as well as good, and what they don't need are fans who are simply going to bitch about everything to do with the club.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 02 Sep 2010 20:57

Mr Angry Its obvious at the moment that a number of posters on here have got to the stage where ANYTHING the club says or does is automatically disbelieved and rubbished, or ANYBODY the club sign is seen as simply not being good enough.

As an example - everyone was demanding Khiz to come back to the club; yet when he re-signs, at best nobody seems to give a monkeys; at worst its seen as another cheap option by Mr Mad.

If you are in that frame of mind, then you have to ask yourself, what am I doing here?

All of this negativity is frankly sh1t; if you are all so wound up about how the club is (in your opinion) going to the dogs, then form your own club like fans of Wimbledon, Man Utd and Chester have done - nobody holds a gun to your head to support RFC!

Right now, and for the foreseeable future (at least 2 or 3 Years IMHO) we are going to be going through some pretty tough times both on and off the pitch; those of you who don't have the stomach for the struggle ahead, and who can only stand on the sidelines moaning and whinging, I say this - pi$$ off and go and support Chelsea, or Man City or someone else who is going to give you the instant success you so crave (and think you are entitled to), because what Reading FC will need from here on in are 100% committed SUPPORTERS who are going to support the club and the team come thick and thin, in bad times as well as good, and what they don't need are fans who are simply going to bitch about everything to do with the club.

^^ what he said

//though tbf what's the point of being a footy supporter if you can't have a good moan

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 02 Sep 2010 20:59

There is a WORLD of difference between a good moan (which is every football fans birthright) and some of the unbelievable and unworthy bile and abuse that has been spouted on here in the last few weeks.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 02 Sep 2010 21:09

I actually think we have a decent defence now with some back up.

A good forward on loan next week or so and we're OK

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 02 Sep 2010 21:19

Mr Angry There is a WORLD of difference between a good moan (which is every football fans birthright) and some of the unbelievable and unworthy bile and abuse that has been spouted on here in the last few weeks.

Great rant above of course, but - granted, your legendary status - who are you to tell people what they should and shouldn't post up on these forums, Mr A? It's all a load of irrelevant hot air anyway. The whole don't bother coming to games, we don't need you anyhow line is a bit churlish and a view I should imagine the club doesn't share given the ever-dwindling crowds at home games.

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 02 Sep 2010 22:06

I have to admit I'm getting quite excited about seeing Harte play for us. You don't hear about 18-goals a season defenders very often.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 02 Sep 2010 22:11

Mr Angry Its obvious at the moment that a number of posters on here have got to the stage where ANYTHING the club says or does is automatically disbelieved and rubbished, or ANYBODY the club sign is seen as simply not being good enough.

I don't disagree that ON the pitch we will probably go through difficult times but why should it be difficult OFF the pitch?
The black hole was supposedly £4 million and over the past few weeks the club has received about £7 million in fees from the Marek,Henry and Gylfi transfers.
Black holes don't go on forever and surely that cool £3million must make a real difference otherwise we must be one of the WORST-run clubs in football.
Unless of course the Media centre needs expanding to cater for The Press etc. at our future Div1 fixtures.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 02 Sep 2010 22:18

Sarah Star I have to admit I'm getting quite excited about seeing Harte play for us. You don't hear about 18-goals a season defenders very often.

You don't but are you getting excited about our new style of play that gets us the free-kicks around the box giving us the opportunity to score those goals?
Think back to those dark old days when Reading's no.1 plan was for Morley to regularly dive in and around the box so that we could get free-kicks and penalties-terrible stuff.
I prefer my full-backs to defend well and leave the free-kicks to midfielders and forwards whose main role is to attack.

Having seen Harte over the years I do fear that we are getting a Gray or Bodin again.
For the sake of the club's fortunes I really do hope I am wrong.

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 02 Sep 2010 22:27

I just want to see how it works with him in the side. I don't know how they'll play, but I want to find out. If it doesn't go to plan or he's rubbish, the excitement will wear off pretty quickly. If it does and he's good, I'll get a buzz every time he gets the ball. I don't know enough to second guess it.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 03 Sep 2010 00:57

I agree in parts with what you are saying however your interpretation is a typical black and white football fan view. ie either you hate the club/chairman and everything it currently represents etc OR you support everything it does without question.

everyone is entitled to their opinion and to say go and support another club (chelsea or man city ffs) if you don't sign up 100% to how things are being run at the moment is crass and fails to understand the whole point of being a fan. We get f*cked off because we care but we can't transfer our loyalty.

843 posts