your so sh*t he fell asleep

123 posts
LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

Re: your so sh*t he fell asleep

by LoyalRoyalFan » 13 Sep 2010 23:31

When teams like Millwall, Leeds and Cardiff come down to play we need to match them.

royal-biscuit-man

by royal-biscuit-man » 13 Sep 2010 23:34

LoyalRoyalFan When teams like Millwall, Leeds and Cardiff come down to play we need to match them.

Readings support matching the likes of said teams. :roll: :shock:

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 13 Sep 2010 23:37

royal-biscuit-man
LoyalRoyalFan When teams like Millwall, Leeds and Cardiff come down to play we need to match them.

What's wrong with trying?

royal-biscuit-man

by royal-biscuit-man » 13 Sep 2010 23:39

LoyalRoyalFan
royal-biscuit-man

What's wrong with trying?

You can try mate, but it will never come off. It'll be left to Y25/6 again as per usual. :roll:

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 13 Sep 2010 23:40

I meant Y25/26 matching the away fans.

royal-biscuit-man

by royal-biscuit-man » 13 Sep 2010 23:41

LoyalRoyalFan I meant Y25/26 matching the away fans.

So about 2,000 out of a stadium of 15 K home fans bothering to sing, that's quite pathetic. It wasn't the atmosphere which attracted me to RFC. 8)

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 14 Sep 2010 12:46

The atmosphere can be good at the Madejski, not as good as at Elm Park, but we need to put across a better atmosphere on a more regular basis.

Z175
Hob Nob Regular

by Z175 » 14 Sep 2010 13:02

Fair enough to slate us on atmosphere. But horrible chavs? I witnessed more football fan stupidity on Saturday than in the last 3 years put together!

- 10 year olds in Palace shirts attempting to smash up a bus while egged on my their middle aged parents , resulting in the driver driving off in a panick and delaying the bus queue until police were called.
- a group of 30 somethings threatening and intimidating a drunk homeless man unless he admitted they were a better team
- attempts to invade the home end
- bottles thrown at the police!

I generally like a bit of fan antagonism and fair enough if its alrge drunk angry crowd! But this was mindless stupidity before and after the game - a lot clearly cared nothing about their team and it was all about coming down to Reading for a violent trip out!

Since when have Palace had fans like this? Its normally been good natured and focused on the game!

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 14 Sep 2010 15:00

It's not all bad, oneof them found a positive.

Stavros 69 - Shit fans, shit location, shit buses, shit ref, shit pasty, shit bus drivers, shit pub, shit city, shit hotel on the side of the ground, shot police. Shit.

selhurst cookie - Our bus driver was good!!!

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 14 Sep 2010 15:01

paultheroyal PS - clocked that guy awhile before the chant had started, he was well gone. Eyes drawn over that way with the girl in the pink boots!!
TTIUWOP of the girl with the pink boots, assuming she was over 16.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 14 Sep 2010 15:15

Forbury Lion It's not all bad, oneof them found a positive.

Stavros 69 - Shit fans, shit location, shit buses, shit ref, shit pasty, shit bus drivers, shit pub, shit city, shit hotel on the side of the ground, shot police. Shit.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

3 veesinarow
Hob Nob Regular

by 3 veesinarow » 14 Sep 2010 15:17

Forbury Lion It's not all bad, oneof them found a positive.

tbf, you only need to substitute the word "hotel" for "Sainsbury's" and you've got Palace down to a T.

The Cap
Hob Nob Regular

by The Cap » 15 Sep 2010 22:05

For as long as I have been going to Reading we've never had the most boisterous supporters but we've always been good at a wind-up. I can remember various individual away fans at Elm Park back in the days being singled out for dogs abuse back in the days where you could count the away numbers in their tens in the division 3 days. Think of individual players getting abuse; Rufus is a dogs name, Steve Mcmahon baldy headed c*nt etc. We're well known for being irritating f*cks, Stoke and Wolves both mentioned as such in their fanzines in the past. We haven't got the meanest supporters so good work in being amongst the most irritating, so long as the material has at least a semblance of originality. And if that teasing somehow goads people into reacting as pathetically as some Palace fans did on Saturday then I would politely suggest that they support a side other than one who regularly gets beat by rubbish like Reading.

Good shout floydy. Back in the day when we had the likes of Mick Large,Paddy O'Connor and Kirbs shouting the odds it was certainly different. And you're absolutely right we've always had a reputation for being notourious wind up merchants.

You only have to look at the constipated looks on the faces of the opposition to know that we tend to hit a raw nerve - on more than one occasion. One of my favourites to an opposition fan carrying some poundage was "Have you ever seen your dick?" :lol:

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 16 Sep 2010 15:22

royal-biscuit-man
Blue Hooped Moose
royal-biscuit-man I sat in the middle, around row y area of Y24, i think i'll return to Y19, at least they actually get behind the team. Whoever said Y24 is noisy must have been on something. :lol:

It used to be noisy but then Ginger KeV stopped going-it's now a morgue.
We do seem to have gained a willing replacement tho' - some bloke who desperately tries to start a chant but gets no more than three people joining in. Shame really.

Yes i know who you mean. Sits towards the top. Is he a nobber? Hats of to him for trying, i'll see if i can move by S-T seat up there to lend him a hand.

Unfortunately Ginger Kev aka Chicken Balti Pie now lives in Devon and doesn't get to anywhere near as many games as he'd like to now.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 16 Sep 2010 21:00

LoyalRoyalFan The atmosphere can be good at the Madejski, not as good as at Elm Park, but we need to put across a better atmosphere on a more regular basis.

That's the case in general now with all seater stadia - 6,000 in Elm Park had a better atmosphere than 17K at mad stad - particularly night games.

Secondly the type of football fan has changed - its not so working class now thanks to sky mainly and costs far more to go relatively to the 1980's and I bet a few few fans from this era no longer can afford to go regularly.

The atmosphere has been dead at a lot of away games I've been to in the last few years not just at home.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 16 Sep 2010 22:20

We need to up our atmosphere for the big games.
Last edited by LoyalRoyalFan on 16 Sep 2010 23:31, edited 2 times in total.

pea
Hob Nob Regular

by pea » 16 Sep 2010 22:29

Love us hitting a nerve. Chants of "virgin, virgin, virgin" at the ginger teen who was giving it large at Watford were classic.

pea
Hob Nob Regular

by pea » 16 Sep 2010 22:29

Love us hitting a nerve. Chants of "virgin, virgin, virgin" at the ginger teen who was giving it large at Watford were classic.

Horsham Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Horsham Royal » 17 Sep 2010 01:02

Mid Sussex Royal That's the case in general now with all seater stadia - 6,000 in Elm Park had a better atmosphere than 17K at mad stad - particularly night games.

Secondly the type of football fan has changed - its not so working class now thanks to sky mainly and costs far more to go relatively to the 1980's and I bet a few few fans from this era no longer can afford to go regularly.

Nail. Head.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 17 Sep 2010 12:47

Mid Sussex Royal
LoyalRoyalFan The atmosphere can be good at the Madejski, not as good as at Elm Park, but we need to put across a better atmosphere on a more regular basis.

That's the case in general now with all seater stadia - 6,000 in Elm Park had a better atmosphere than 17K at mad stad - particularly night games.

The atmosphere has been dead at a lot of away games I've been to in the last few years not just at home

Were you referring to the home fans or the away fans in that last sentence?
Last edited by LoyalRoyalFan on 17 Sep 2010 17:54, edited 4 times in total.

123 posts