RTG - STG Translator

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

RTG - STG Translator

by Franchise FC » 25 Sep 2010 18:05

Make you own mind up which way the translation goes :

Great performance today despite being down to ten men - Barnsley must be really rubbish for ten men to beat them so easily
7th is not bad at this stage of the season and we can push on - it's only a matter time before we sink again
Ian Harte is proving what a great signing he is - he'll get caught out as soon as we play anyone decent
The loss at Middlesbrough was just a blip - the win against Barnsley is just a blip
We've proved we can score goals without Gylfi - we can only score goals against rubbish teams and we won't keep it up

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

Re: RTG - STG Translator

by PEARCEY » 25 Sep 2010 18:14

15th seemed a bit harsh given we had won as many as had been lost. However 7th seems a bit high. Ipswich will be a good test on Tuesday as they should be the strongest side we will have played to date.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 25 Sep 2010 18:15

Yes. Would be delighted to get a point against Ipswich.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 25 Sep 2010 18:19

Hmmm difficult. My expectation is that we ought to be turning teams like Barnsley over especially at home.

The STG in me expects us to get rinsed by the better teams like QPR Ipswich & Cardiff - especially when our back 4 & keeper are so bloody vulnerable for set pieces.

Ipswich will be a good test I agree.

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 25 Sep 2010 18:22

I'm not judging by position at this stage in the season. We'd be better off comparing ourselves with the top and bottom teams. We're closer to 2nd than we are to the relegation zone, and just win away from the play-offs. Equally, we appear to be a long way off QPR, like the rest of the division.

2 games until the 10 game mark. You can read into that. 4 points and I'll be optimistic.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 25 Sep 2010 18:24

When does the pre-season finish ?

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 25 Sep 2010 18:26

Just goes to show what 2 seasons in the top flight does for expectations :(

I am just keeping quiet in the background while I continue my boycott. Consistency is key for any club. Just look at our last 3 games. But it does make me chuckle when I read comments like the one above about expecting to beat Barnsley. Where does this level of expectation come from?

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 25 Sep 2010 18:34

Terminal Boardom Just goes to show what 2 seasons in the top flight does for expectations :(

I am just keeping quiet in the background while I continue my boycott. Consistency is key for any club. Just look at our last 3 games. But it does make me chuckle when I read comments like the one above about expecting to beat Barnsley. Where does this level of expectation come from?

Why the chuckle exactly? Reading have more resources at their disposal, (higher gates, more season ticket holders, higher revenue). Barnsley have generally struggled to stay in this division. My expectation of Reading is not unrealistic whatsoever - a top half championship club that might occasionally flirt with play-offs.

Given what I pay for my ticket I would consider anything below say 13th a failure TBH.

Mad Dog's Ghost

by Mad Dog's Ghost » 25 Sep 2010 18:38

I'd expect us to beat any team that gives Kebe the freedom of Berkshire.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 25 Sep 2010 18:43

Apart from QPR, everyone looks capable of beating everyone else. That is why I chuckle. Which Reading will turn up? The one today? The one at Boro? The one against Scunny?

Mad Dog's Ghost

by Mad Dog's Ghost » 25 Sep 2010 18:46

Seriosly Terminal, it all depends on one thing.

If oppo can handle Kebe, we have problems. If they can't, we win.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 25 Sep 2010 18:50

Terminal Boardom Apart from QPR, everyone looks capable of beating everyone else. That is why I chuckle. Which Reading will turn up? The one today? The one at Boro? The one against Scunny?

The bookies must have made a bit today I'll admit. Watford are the ones really surprising me. That Graham is on fire.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 25 Sep 2010 19:01

Franchise FC Make you own mind up which way the translation goes :

Great performance today despite being down to ten men - Barnsley must be really rubbish for ten men to beat them so easily
7th is not bad at this stage of the season and we can push on - it's only a matter time before we sink again
Ian Harte is proving what a great signing he is - he'll get caught out as soon as we play anyone decent
The loss at Middlesbrough was just a blip - the win against Barnsley is just a blip
We've proved we can score goals without Gylfi - we can only score goals against rubbish teams and we won't keep it up

best non Floyd, non SDR post on the team board for ages.

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 25 Sep 2010 20:25

Franchise FC The loss at Middlesbrough was just a blip - the win against Barnsley is just a blip

You could see why we lost at Middlesbrough. So many chances went begging and a more switched on opposition would have seen theirs away in the net... luckily not all teams that meet us are switched on. I still think we'll get someone with more of a cutting edge in on loan at some point.

Pseud O'Nym
Hob Nob Regular

by Pseud O'Nym » 25 Sep 2010 21:20

Franchise FC Make you own mind up which way the translation goes :

You seem to have missed the obvious:

Well run club - No ambition

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 25 Sep 2010 21:25

Must admit, this thread has provided some lols.

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

by Handsome Man » 25 Sep 2010 22:08

Mad Dog's Ghost I'd expect us to beat any team that gives Kebe the freedom of Berkshire.

You couldn't make the game then?
A shame as he was awesome, coping with two or three men on him the whole time.

Mad Dog's Ghost

by Mad Dog's Ghost » 26 Sep 2010 09:55

Was there - and thought he found acres of space, hence my comment.

Barnsley just couldn't get near the man. Teams that do well against Reading tend to crowd him out but today he was unstoppable. He also got some decent support from Cummings today, which made defending against him even more difficult.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 26 Sep 2010 16:27

Mad Dog's Ghost Was there - and thought he found acres of space, hence my comment.

Barnsley just couldn't get near the man. Teams that do well against Reading tend to crowd him out but today he was unstoppable. He also got some decent support from Cummings today, which made defending against him even more difficult.

I think, to be fair, he created space even though they double or triple marked him for most of the 90 minutes. Every time he got the ball he had a wall of red immediately closing on him - they had obviously assessed him as a threat. Funny really when a couple of years ago there were people on this board making comments like 'if KEBE is a footballer I am an alien from another galaxy'! Seems we may have some aliens on HNA?
Last edited by West Stand Man on 27 Sep 2010 10:27, edited 1 time in total.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 27 Sep 2010 00:32

Terminal Boardom while I continue my boycott.

Can this boycott be made permanent? Please? We don't need people like you.