Back from the Game - Barnsley

118 posts
LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

Back from the Game - Barnsley

by LoyalRoyalFan » 25 Sep 2010 18:21

Average first half, fantastic second. Never a red card for Kish and the referee was appalling for the majority of the game.

Jimmy Kebe - 10/10 - Fantastic goal, caused Barnsley countless problems.

Mentions to Cummings, Karacan and McAnuff for having decent games.

Decent atmopshere as well.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Back from the Game - Barnsley

by PieEater » 25 Sep 2010 18:28

Well what a cracking finish to a game we totally dominated but really failed to get any clear chances until the last 10 minutes.

First half we were totally in control and Barnsley were pretty dire, however despite a series of half chances we never really had a clear cut chance.

Second half Barnsley changed shape to 4-5-1 and they were better but we still looked comfortable. The sending off was a joke, but the ref had no choice as the poxy lino was flagging and called him over. I though it was a pathetic dive Woods after losing control with little or no contact from Kish.

Anyway that spurred us on a bit and even with 10 men we were still on top. We seemed incapable of getting anything from set pieces, I lost count of the number of corners and free kicks we had and they all never resulted in a clear chance that troubled the keeper.

HRK came on and did make a difference, it was his delivery to Kebe and what a cracking header that was. From then on Barnsley were keeping 3 up front from our corners and throwing men forward for an equaliser, so it was no surprise when we caught them on the break and Jimmy won another free kick. Harte for once delivered (he'd had a LOT of practice) and game over. The third was a cracking run from HRK from their free kick and he kept ahead of the defenders and slotted it under the keeper.

Overall it was no more than we deserved, we were totally dominant and only the joke of a red card gave Barnsley any hope of getting something from the game.

MOTM match was Kebe, he had 3 defenders marking him and he just made them look stupid. Awesome stuff.

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 25 Sep 2010 18:33

Someone needs to tell Ian Harte that we aren't playing the no overhead height rule.

He took about 2 corners that actually made it into the box higher than 6ft.

dantheloyalroyal

by dantheloyalroyal » 25 Sep 2010 18:35

Probably the best referee we've had so far this season. Apart from that Mills 'foul' he gave in the first half near the Barnsley technical area, and a couple of other minor things, he got everything spot on.

Looked as though Zurab was tugging at the Barnsley player's shirt and went on to bring him down. I'm in pretty much no doubt that it was a correct yellow card.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 25 Sep 2010 18:39

The lino was the problem, he flagged for the Mills free kick as well as the Harte handball when he was behind him.

Just seen the match stats - 22 corners and I can only recall one delivery troubling the keeper after a Kebe flick on in the first half. What do we do in training?
Last edited by PieEater on 25 Sep 2010 18:40, edited 1 time in total.

M U R T Y

by M U R T Y » 25 Sep 2010 18:39

PieEater Well what a cracking finish to a game we totally dominated but really failed to get any clear chances until the last 10 minutes.

First half we were totally in control and Barnsley were pretty dire, however despite a series of half chances we never really had a clear cut chance.

Second half Barnsley changed shape to 4-5-1 and they were better but we still looked comfortable. The sending off was a joke, but the ref had no choice as the poxy lino was flagging and called him over. I though it was a pathetic dive Woods after losing control with little or no contact from Kish.

Anyway that spurred us on a bit and even with 10 men we were still on top. We seemed incapable of getting anything from set pieces, I lost count of the number of corners and free kicks we had and they all never resulted in a clear chance that troubled the keeper.

HRK came on and did make a difference, it was his delivery to Kebe and what a cracking header that was. From then on Barnsley were keeping 3 up front from our corners and throwing men forward for an equaliser, so it was no surprise when we caught them on the break and Jimmy won another free kick. Harte for once delivered (he'd had a LOT of practice) and game over. The third was a cracking run from HRK from their free kick and he kept ahead of the defenders and slotted it under the keeper.

Overall it was no more than we deserved, we were totally dominant and only the joke of a red card gave Barnsley any hope of getting something from the game.

MOTM match was Kebe, he had 3 defenders marking him and he just made them look stupid. Awesome stuff.

+1

dantheloyalroyal

by dantheloyalroyal » 25 Sep 2010 18:41

PieEater The lino was the problem, he flagged for the Mills free kick as well as the Harte handball when he was behind him.
Is that the one where their player would've been free on the right hand side, in the second half?

Definite hand ball. No doubt it was an accident, but he used his arm instead of his chest.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 25 Sep 2010 18:46

I know Jimmy played everyone else off the park today but Federici was outstanding. He punched the ball away in the first half, taking a boot to the hand in the process, but played on. He took a massive hit that the ref didn't spot off Wood in the second half and played on - obviously in some discomfort - and then pulled off that cracking save. Lovely stuff.

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 25 Sep 2010 18:53

dantheloyalroyal Probably the best referee we've had so far this season. Apart from that Mills 'foul' he gave in the first half near the Barnsley technical area, and a couple of other minor things, he got everything spot on.

Looked as though Zurab was tugging at the Barnsley player's shirt and went on to bring him down. I'm in pretty much no doubt that it was a correct yellow card.

I'm not sure where you were sat, but I was very close to it in the Lower West, and it should have been given the other way. The Barnsley player fouled Kish to get in front of him.

And before that, Lino gave two non-existent handballs - one against Armstrong and one against Long, where on both occasions the player had chested the ball with arms nowhere near it.

Oh, and how about stopping play for a foul when Cummings had beaten two men and was about to cross from the edge of the box?

Best referee we've had so far this season my arse!

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 25 Sep 2010 18:54

This years best ref was the one at Leicester

dantheloyalroyal

by dantheloyalroyal » 25 Sep 2010 18:56

Svlad Cjelli
dantheloyalroyal Probably the best referee we've had so far this season. Apart from that Mills 'foul' he gave in the first half near the Barnsley technical area, and a couple of other minor things, he got everything spot on.

I'm not sure where you were sat, but I was very close to it in the Lower West, and it should have been given the other way. The Barnsley player fouled Kish to get in front of him.

And before that, Lino gave two non-existent handballs - one against Armstrong and one against Long, where on both occasions the player had chested the ball with arms nowhere near it.

Oh, and how about stopping play for a foul when Cummings had beaten two men and was about to cross from the edge of the box?

Best referee we've had so far this season my arse!
Fair points. Heard other people talking about Kish being fouled first, but missed it.

Armstrong it was then (not Harte I guess as previously put) that looked a clear handball, Long one not so much.

Cummings bit fair point.

But we've had a lot, lot worse.

Once were Biscuitmen

by Once were Biscuitmen » 25 Sep 2010 18:56

I was happy enough with the persistent standing, the result was a bonus,

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 25 Sep 2010 19:00

I am a bit :| and also very 8) this evening. It was a strange game really; a decent opening 45 in which we passed the ball around tidily at times and dominated possession but we were very wasteful with poor delivery from plenty of set pieces. Second half we were a bit sloppy until the utter nonsense of a sending off for Zurab and then with 10 men we were well organised (generally), dominated and played some proper incisive football at last.

Good to see 2 men up front for a change. Long and Church played well but did Long really ever get any shots away? One tame header at 0-0, that is all I can remember from a hard working performance from him. I rate Church; great movement, an intelligent player.....but he lets himself down with his weak finishing and getting caught offside so many times can only be laziness. Solid stuff from unsung heroes like Cummings :| who filled in very adequately again and Stretch who was asked to play in an unfamiliar position which he handled very well in the circumstances of playing his first league game in nearly 18 months. To cap off a rather bizarre day, HRK came on and changed the game which was fantastic to see. Cross for Kebe to bury a header and then a superb goal all of his own to wrap it up after Harte curled in an exquisite free kick - himself after being so wasteful with poor set pieces most of the game. Jimmy Kebe, absolutely unplayable again. Surely a certainty to be sold in January then :roll: .

Well done Reading - great character and if we keep beating duff sides like Palace and Barnsley at home we will surely be safe from relegation.
Last edited by floyd__streete on 25 Sep 2010 19:03, edited 1 time in total.

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 25 Sep 2010 19:02

Someone positive has stolen Floyd's login details!

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 25 Sep 2010 19:17

More goals like those ones please.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 25 Sep 2010 19:19

Svlad Cjelli Someone positive has stolen Floyd's login details!

I'm trying to work out whether Floyd's post was glass half empty or glass half full :lol:

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 25 Sep 2010 19:21

LoyalRoyalFan Decent atmopshere as well.

What?

It was a pathetic atmosphere. Until we scored. As usual.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 25 Sep 2010 19:24

PieEater MOTM match was Kebe, he had 3 defenders marking him and he just made them look stupid. Awesome stuff.

Apart from the excellent goals Kebe gave me a true LOL moment just before the end.

He deliberately waited for the three to come at him and skinned them all as they tried to hack and barge him.

Later he was toying with them deliberately with Cummings
Last edited by Uke on 25 Sep 2010 19:39, edited 1 time in total.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 25 Sep 2010 19:30

Tony Le Mesmer
LoyalRoyalFan Decent atmopshere as well.

What?

It was a pathetic atmosphere. Until we scored. As usual.

Agreed, less than 15k as well think is a sign of things to come.

We definately deserved the 3 points BUT how can we continue to hope our strikers will get goals? We surely need someone in on loan and i can't wait until Noel is given a run out from the start.

Kebe won us that game today, brilliant performance and long may it continue.

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 25 Sep 2010 19:37

24 corners

118 posts