Harte is Rubbish, not good enough for the Championship

517 posts
Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

Harte is Rubbish, not good enough for the Championship

by Snowball » 27 Sep 2010 21:56

Kebe and Harte in Championship Team of the Week

From the Reading Site

Royals duo Jimmy Kebe and Ian Harte have both been included in the official Championship
Team of the Week after their top class performances against Barnsley this past weekend.

LOVE IT!

NR_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Harte is Rubbish, not good enough for the Championship

by NR_Royal » 27 Sep 2010 22:42

Snowball Kebe and Harte in Championship Team of the Week

From the Reading Site

Royals duo Jimmy Kebe and Ian Harte have both been included in the official Championship
Team of the Week after their top class performances against Barnsley this past weekend.

LOVE GAY SEX!

:roll:

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 27 Sep 2010 23:09

NR_Royal
Snowball Kebe and Harte in Championship Team of the Week

From the Reading Site

LOVE GAY SEX!

:roll:

Mega :|

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 27 Sep 2010 23:13

:lol:

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 28 Sep 2010 00:28

I <3 you, Snowball.

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

by URZZZZZZZZ » 28 Sep 2010 00:43

When he signed, I thought it was a decent signing, I thought he could be similar to Griffin.

However, how he got into the team of the week for Saturday is beyond me!! We had 24 corners and every one he took didnt beat the first man. His performance was glossed by a freekick with a crumbling wall in front of him!

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 28 Sep 2010 00:54

Third clean sheet in four games

Second goal in four games, from a full-back...

But I guess you know best

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 28 Sep 2010 07:50

In the interests of balance, we should really air a differing view

Not thinking of a single game, but we seemed easily exposed at Middlesboro...

And we were badly exposed at Millwall

Leicester had a bag-full of chances...

We could have shipped 3-4 goals in any of those games, and maybe got lucky

That's the thing with lies, damn lies and statistics, you can get them to say whatever you want.

Personally, I think keeping 3 clean sheets in 4 is down to not playing Williams.

I think Harte is a decent signing, by the way, just fed up with Snowball's obsession with largely meaningless statistics

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 28 Sep 2010 09:16

From Despair To Where? In the interests of balance, we should really air a differing view

And we were badly exposed at Millwall//Leicester had a bag-full of chances...
We could have shipped 3-4 goals in any of those games, and maybe got lucky.

NOTE the MAYBE... We maybe got lucky, maybe. But the ACTUALITY is we have had three clean sheets from 4 games

Incidentally, most of those moments of being exposed were THROUGH THE MIDDLE with Pearce
being turned or Mills being caught upfield. Not sure I can remember an incident where it was
Harte's fault we were badly exposed/gave away a chance.

That's the thing with lies, damn lies and statistics, you can get them to say whatever you want.
Personally, I think keeping 3 clean sheets in 4 is down to not playing Williams.

I think Harte is a decent signing, by the way, just fed up with Snowball's obsession with largely meaningless statistics

BUT HARTE is in William's position!!!!!! HAS kept 3 clean sheets in 4, has scored two goals.
It isn't simply "Williams didn't play." Harte is a far greater asset (at present) both in defence
and for his goals (not to mention far, far better balls out of defence.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 28 Sep 2010 09:22

Snowball Third clean sheet in four games

Second goal in four games, from a full-back...

But I guess you know best

Harte has got a 1 in 2 ratio, better than that £7M Icelandic kid

Harte has also scored double the total number of league goals scored by our 3 senior strikers

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 28 Sep 2010 09:52

Snowball
From Despair To Where? In the interests of balance, we should really air a differing view

And we were badly exposed at Millwall//Leicester had a bag-full of chances...
We could have shipped 3-4 goals in any of those games, and maybe got lucky.

NOTE the MAYBE... We maybe got lucky, maybe. But the ACTUALITY is we have had three clean sheets from 4 games

Incidentally, most of those moments of being exposed were THROUGH THE MIDDLE with Pearce
being turned or Mills being caught upfield. Not sure I can remember an incident where it was
Harte's fault we were badly exposed/gave away a chance.

BUT HARTE is in William's position!!!!!! HAS kept 3 clean sheets in 4, has scored two goals.
It isn't simply "Williams didn't play." Harte is a far greater asset (at present) both in defence
and for his goals (not to mention far, far better balls out of defence.

But we have a 100% win record with Cummings playing at left back. Therefore the statistics show that Cummings is a better left back than Harte. Our away record is also significantly better without Harte in the team. So statistics show that there are better options in his position and we are less secure away from home.

You fail to see my point. I'm not arguing about Harte's impact on the team or his merit as a player, I'm arguing that when used selectively, statistics can illustate just about any point of view, especially relevant when on another thread, you seem to attribute our improved defensive record to luck.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 28 Sep 2010 10:08

From Despair To Where?
But we have a 100% win record with Cummings playing at left back. Therefore the statistics show that Cummings is a better left back than Harte. Our away record is also significantly better without Harte in the team. So statistics show that there are better options in his position and we are less secure away from home.

You fail to see my point. I'm not arguing about Harte's impact on the team or his merit as a player, I'm arguing that when used selectively, statistics can illustate just about any point of view, especially relevant when on another thread, you seem to attribute our improved defensive record to luck.

What is "selective" about judging ALL Harte's games for Reading?

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 28 Sep 2010 10:34

AND THIS IS HARTE'S FULL RESULTS THIS SEASON

If you look at League Games Only (Four for Carlise, Four for Reading)

P8 W4 D3 L1 15-6 1.875 points per game = 86 point season

Scored FOUR goals. He is currently scoring a goal every other league game.

4 Clean Sheets
3 other games conceded a single goal
1 game conceded three goals (Goal due to Pearce after 24 seconds. Third goal when down to 10 men.)

Including the losing cup game.

He has scored 4 goals this season, in 9 games.

H 2-0 Scored (Carlisle v Brentford)
H 0-1 ------(Carlisle v Huddersfield) (Last-Minute goal)
A 1-1 Scored (Plymouth v Carlisle (Conceded 94th minute goal)
H 4-1 ------(Carlisle v MK Dons)
A 1-1 ------(Colchester v Carlisle)

H 3-0 Scored (Reading v Palace)
A 0-0 ----- (Millwall v Reading)
A 1-3 ----- (Middlesboro v Reading) 24 second goal, Howard sent off 2nd Half
H 3-0 Scored (Reading v Barnsley)

So Harte, 9 games this season, W4 D3 L2 15-7 "15 Points" = 1.67 per game = 67/68 point season

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 28 Sep 2010 10:54

Snowball
From Despair To Where?

What is "selective" about judging ALL Harte's games for Reading?

And I've used ALL of Shaun Cummings' games at left back to judge that we do better with him than with Harte and I'm using ALL of Harte's away performances to judge that our form has got worse since he's been in the team. Statistics can be used to show whatever you want to which is the point that you fail to grasp as you seem to be "selective" in ignoring the statistics that don't back up your point.

9 games? late goals conceded in 2 consecutive games, poor concentration or stamina maybe. Howard was sent off with 5 minutes to go with the score at 3-1 so had absolutely no impact on the result and is therefore irrelevant. 4 goals, 2 of which were penalties. How relevant are his performances for Carlisle, different league, different team, different level of opposition? All qualifications that you ignore. What do your statistics prove other than you are a bit anal about them?

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 28 Sep 2010 11:06

Here we go again...

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 28 Sep 2010 11:10

From Despair To Where? What do your statistics prove other than you are a bit anal about them?

Not a lot.

The madness of extrapolating a full season's points from 9 games when they've been played in two different divisions for two different teams is staggering. Football matches are determined by so many variables it's also folly to attempt to make a judgement about 1/22 of the players involved based on top-level considerations like scoreline.

As you note, statistics can really be used to illustrate anything (particularly in situations like this when there are a 1000 variables all changing at the same time) so should be viewed as an amusing diversion rather than any tangible illustration of reality.

The Rouge
Hob Nob Regular

by The Rouge » 28 Sep 2010 11:20

So was Harte really scoring 4 goals when that free-kick went in? He must be chuffed.

Snowball - you have just lost the remaining shred of respect I had for you. I would expel you from the SS (Statistical Society).

facaldaqui
Hob Nob Regular

by facaldaqui » 28 Sep 2010 11:26

URZZZZZZZZ When he signed, I thought it was a decent signing, I thought he could be similar to Griffin.

However, how he got into the team of the week for Saturday is beyond me!! We had 24 corners and every one he took didnt beat the first man. His performance was glossed by a freekick with a crumbling wall in front of him!

Fair point. They probably just go by the highlights.

But goals do gloss performances. I hope it's not sacrilege to say that Gylfi often put in mediocre performances that were redeemed by his goals. By its nature, football is about try and try again. McDermott knows that Harte can score goals like the one on Saturday; if he had withdrawn Harte from taking free kicks, we wouldn't have scored that goal. Even a legendary free-kick goalscorer such as Roberto Carlos had a low goals to misses ratio.

Starfish
Hob Nob Regular

by Starfish » 28 Sep 2010 11:52

I am sure that the next time Harte is interviewed by the Drogheda People (or whoever), he will give Snowball the credit the rest of you refuse to give him.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 28 Sep 2010 12:09

URZZZZZZZZ When he signed, I thought it was a decent signing, I thought he could be similar to Griffin.

just not true, it was 50-50, though most that did cleared everyone, not just the 1st man

517 posts