Countdown to Rodgers' return

133 posts
floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Countdown to Rodgers' return

by floyd__streete » 13 Oct 2010 14:08

It is a bit churlish to hate Rodgers for the abject failure of his short spell at Reading. So instead I shall hate him for being a billy-big-spuds bullsh*t merchant.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 13 Oct 2010 20:00

floyd__streete It is a bit churlish to hate Rodgers for the abject failure of his short spell at Reading. So instead I shall hate him for being a billy-big-spuds bullsh*t merchant.

I don't want him to get abuse because he obviously cared and had good intentions and it just wasn't meant to be. We shouldn't get arsey with every manager who just isn't good enough, only those who really screw us over, arguably "betray" us...

But he's such an odious piece of work at the same time I just want to shout and swear at him.

royal-biscuit-man

by royal-biscuit-man » 13 Oct 2010 21:59

Ideal Everyone should bring big giant watches..

There is a economic crisis and you want everyone to bring watches! :shock:

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 14 Oct 2010 11:21

You just know its gonna be a massive cringe fest on Saturday. Even more than normal.

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 14 Oct 2010 11:26

Tony Le Mesmer You just know its gonna be a massive cringe fest on Saturday. Even more than normal.

this is exactly why im considering getting my rod out down Dinton Pastures rather than witness 10000 mongs baying for Rodgers blood in the Spakker Dome, only to shit themselves when they get out the ground incase Swansea decide to do a 93'

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 14 Oct 2010 12:58

Focher
Tony Le Mesmer You just know its gonna be a massive cringe fest on Saturday. Even more than normal.

this is exactly why im considering getting my rod out down Dinton Pastures rather than witness 10000 mongs baying for Rodgers blood in the Spakker Dome, only to shit themselves when they get out the ground incase Swansea decide to do a 93'

Then go and support someone else. Reading are the fans largely and if you have that much contempt for them why don't you follow, say, Man U where there are "proper supporters" (after all, they chant for their managment board to go at home matches and wear black when they go to away matches) rather than be embarrassed being associated with Reading and its fans?

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 14 Oct 2010 13:41

I think the point he is trying to make is that our support is fcking embarassing. Dont you agree? Saturday will no doubt be a prime example. Posts like yours just prove the point.

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 14 Oct 2010 13:49

Man Friday
Then go and support someone else. Reading are the fans largely and if you have that much contempt for them why don't you follow, say, Man U where there are "proper supporters" (after all, they chant for their managment board to go at home matches and wear black when they go to away matches) rather than be embarrassed being associated with Reading and its fans?

thanks very much for just completely proving me right.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 14 Oct 2010 13:59

Saturday is Breitling day 8)

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 14 Oct 2010 14:06

Big Foot Saturday is Seiko day 8)

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 14 Oct 2010 14:08

Focher
Big Foot Saturday is Seiko day 8)

I'm going to be modelling this bad boy in a homage to Brendan

8)

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 14 Oct 2010 14:11

Im gonna modelling this bitch if i go on Saturday 8)

8)

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 15 Oct 2010 12:33

I am buzzing ahead of Brendan's return, I want to get up the ground early to get a photo with the man who is the football management equivalent of Eieleen Drewery

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 15 Oct 2010 12:51

Focher
Man Friday

thanks very much for just completely proving me right.

Likewise (as always).

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 15 Oct 2010 13:06

Tony Le Mesmer I think the point he is trying to make is that our support is fcking embarassing. Dont you agree? Saturday will no doubt be a prime example. Posts like yours just prove the point.

What's more embarassing is allowing a (potential) few RFC fans dictate your actions.

What a blouse.

royal-biscuit-man

by royal-biscuit-man » 16 Oct 2010 10:44

Influential midfield trio Scott Sinclair (hamstring), Darren Pratley (shoulder) and David Cotterill (groin) all missed the club's goalless draw against Derby prior to the international break but they return to the fold against the Royals.

Wales captain and centre-back Ashley Williams shrugged of an ankle injury to play 90 minutes against Switzerland in midweek and should be OK.
Sky Sports.

:shock:

Percy's Rocket

by Percy's Rocket » 16 Oct 2010 11:18

royal-biscuit-man
Influential midfield trio Scott Sinclair (hamstring), Darren Pratley (shoulder) and David Cotterill (groin) all missed the club's goalless draw against Derby prior to the international break but they return to the fold against the Royals.

Wales captain and centre-back Ashley Williams shrugged of an ankle injury to play 90 minutes against Switzerland in midweek and should be OK.
Sky Sports.

:shock:

But we might have Griff

swansea jack

by swansea jack » 16 Oct 2010 11:31

A rested Sinclair and Pratley = 8)

Ian Herring

by Ian Herring » 16 Oct 2010 12:08

Unfortunately I can't be there today. It's one of the first games I've wanted to see for some time at Smallmead Fields.

I 'owe' Brendan one for the night of rage he'd put me through at QPR about this time last year when we capitulated against the Fakes in shambolic, spineless style. It was freezing cold, wet and the worst display I'd seen since some of Burns' rabble, and certainly on a par with Terry the Taxi's end days.

That aside I didn't really mind him. His press conferences were hilarious gabble and his tank tops and watch were amusing.

He was sh*t at football, though, really.

Big book of tactics. You know the drill though, they'll probably spank us.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 16 Oct 2010 12:28

Long term, jury's out on whether he's a good manager, but he's doing OK this year with 50% wins

Let's hope he doesn't make it 6/11

133 posts