Back from the Game - Derby

129 posts
LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

Back from the Game - Derby

by LoyalRoyalFan » 18 Dec 2010 16:40

Just got back to Reading.

Was stuck on the A34 for 4 hours.

Spotted - STAR coaches and Scunthorpe FC Coach.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Back from the Game - Derby

by Royal Lady » 18 Dec 2010 16:44

Such a shame. What a waste of time and money for you.

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 18 Dec 2010 16:45

Royal Lady Such a shame. What a waste of time and money for you.

Nicely sums up life as a Reading fan.

Corky341

by Corky341 » 18 Dec 2010 17:03

Sounds like a few managed to make it> And with only about 5 mins left, sounds like those few have had a terriffic day out. C'mon URZzzzzzzz

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 18 Dec 2010 17:04

Just found out that any fans who didn't make it to Derby can claim a refund.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 18 Dec 2010 17:56

LoyalRoyalFan Just found out that any fans who didn't make it to Derby can claim a refund.

Tickets and coaches I hope, or the offer of a freebie to one later game.

BenReadingFC
Hob Nob Regular

by BenReadingFC » 18 Dec 2010 17:58

LoyalRoyalFan Just found out that any fans who didn't make it to Derby can claim a refund.

Source
We got as far as Bicester on the M40 before turning around only to get stuck in a jam caused by a jack knifed lorry. Sat there for just over 3 hrs before being able to pass it. Could hear the game on BBC Berks though so that lightened the mood.
Last edited by BenReadingFC on 18 Dec 2010 18:00, edited 1 time in total.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 18 Dec 2010 17:59

BenReadingFC

Source

Contact STAR.

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 18 Dec 2010 18:41

Tuned in at half time from Hull to hear my old man on commentary.

That's when u know u've made.

Hopefully this is the kind of result and performance that u build ur season on.

Hull to Bristol is gonna be brutal.

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 18 Dec 2010 18:44

My first away match. One of the best experiences of my life. On the train back to London, Tabb and Cummings are on the train as well, albeit they are in 1st class.

Saw a few of the players at the station, most of them got the train back to Reading.

Was a great game, I thought Derby were unlucky, and if not for Feds, they would have won easily. Well maybe not easily, but Feds definitely kept us in the game.

Long takes a mean penalty. Bywater chose the right way, but it was drilled that hard and right in the corner, he had no chance what so ever. He was also unlucky not to score with a glancing header early in the second half.

Church was put through on goal after a lovely pass from jem, but dribbled it to the keeper. Very embarrasing. It is something I would expect from an under 6's match.

I thought Leighterwood was good, broke up play well.

I think Howard had the wrong studs on, kept sliding around everywhere.
All in all, a great win, a great experience - one I will never forget.
Last edited by Mike Hunt on 18 Dec 2010 18:46, edited 1 time in total.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 18 Dec 2010 18:45

Just got back to Chesterfield. We played well in the first 20-25 mins and looked the better team. Derby came back into it after that. 2nd 45 we were often camped in our own half for long periods, but we did look threatening on the break. This was proved brilliantly by Shane's excellent 2nd. However for me, our star man was Feds. He pulled off 3 amazing saves and several decent ones across the game. His save in the first half from the deflected free kick was fantastic. I was also impressed with Leigertwood. Seemed to provide a bit more steel in midfield. Noel didn't play at all well today, nor did Kebe and to be honest both looked injured when they went off.
Anyway

Chant of the day -"Is there a fire drill?" as all the Rams fans headed home after Shane's 2nd.

Moment of the day - Savage's first touch of the ball when he trod on it and fell arse over tit...... :D

Lucky B***ard of the day - Barker for managing to stay on.......

:lol: of the day - Overhearing a Derby fan on the phone, making his way to Derby station "The Ref was ox****, both linos were ox****, Reading were ox****, their fans were ox****, should be beating small teams 5 or 6 nil at home........."

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 18 Dec 2010 19:00

Mike Hunt My first away match. One of the best experiences of my life. On the train back to London, Tabb and Cummings are on the train as well, albeit they are in 1st class.

Saw a few of the players at the station, most of them got the train back to Reading.

Was a great game, I thought Derby were unlucky, and if not for Feds, they would have won easily. Well maybe not easily, but Feds definitely kept us in the game.

Long takes a mean penalty. Bywater chose the right way, but it was drilled that hard and right in the corner, he had no chance what so ever. He was also unlucky not to score with a glancing header early in the second half.

Church was put through on goal after a lovely pass from jem, but dribbled it to the keeper. Very embarrasing. It is something I would expect from an under 6's match.

Good to see you had a good time.

Must admit, I remembered you were coming over for this match.
Whilst I was heading back to Reading after being stranded, I was wondering about your impression of the weather/travel/game.

My prediction of 800 away fans was a long way off. How did you think the 50 or so away fans did? I could hear you on the radio.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 18 Dec 2010 19:03

BenReadingFC

Source
We got as far as Bicester on the M40 before turning around only to get stuck in a jam caused by a jack knifed lorry. Sat there for just over 3 hrs before being able to pass it. Could hear the game on BBC Berks though so that lightened the mood.

Did Paul Black make it or was his 40 year run ended?

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 18 Dec 2010 19:31

LoyalRoyalFan
Mike Hunt My first away match. One of the best experiences of my life. On the train back to London, Tabb and Cummings are on the train as well, albeit they are in 1st class.

Good to see you had a good time.

Must admit, I remembered you were coming over for this match.
Whilst I was heading back to Reading after being stranded, I was wondering about your impression of the weather/travel/game.

My prediction of 800 away fans was a long way off. How did you think the 50 or so away fans did? I could hear you on the radio.

Travel for me was fine. May have been lucky coming from London.

My train home was actually cancelled, and now on a different train. When I posted earlier, we had not even left the station, and after 30 mins, they cancelled the train. Doors would not open.

I actually thought there was more that 50. More like 150-200. The Parkinson song was a laugh. They got the whole way through it which was good.

The Derby fans were loud in parts, mainly in booing the ref, or calling for handball. There was no outcry with the penalty, so it must have been deserved.

Great time. Was so glad I ended up buying the train ticket, cost me 60 quid as I left it to the last
Minute to buy.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 18 Dec 2010 19:52

Watched on Line.

Thought Long had a VG all-round game, Elwood was excellent, McAnuff also and Federici outstanding.

Though the defense did allow a fair few shots, I thought Derby were a brilliant attacking side (top-scorers at home in the whole league before today) so they did very well considering.

Thought Harte was badly skinned twice that I remember and he looked knackered. Not his best game. Griffin was his usual self but he looked terrible when he seemed to surrender for Commons' goal.

Noel Hunt wasn't at his best, nor was Church who should have done better with his VG chance. Kebe is not quite right, still.

9.0 Federici Superb today, saved us. MoM
5.5 Harte.... seemed more exposed, too slow, but we have to remember we kept a VG side down to 1 goal
7.5 Pearce Both CBs had a big job on today and Derby will score a few 5-0s at home
7.5 Mills
7.0 Griffin... Poor defending for the goal but otherwise his usual
8.9 Elwood. Excellent player, exactly what we need in front of the back four. Keeps it simple, better every game
7.5 Karacan I can't remember him much TBF
8.0 McAnuff worked well throughout, great assist for the winner
6.5 Kebe Still slightly out of sorts but he's working harder in defence. Awful foul for his yellow
6.9 Hunt. Not quite buzzing, did well to get his shot away but maybe should have scored.
8.9 Long. He is getting better and better all-round, and today got some goals. Hard to fault today

6.0 Church Just seems off the boil ATM and should have scored IMO
6.8 HRK seemed lively but not enough time to make a big impact.

Verdict.

We could have lost this, but we scored two and should probably have scored 4. Derby, unless they go on an undeserved bad run for longer, look to be challenging this season. It would be great to have Commons and Bueno. I don't think we were "lucky". Federici did his job superbly and the defence held out with a little bit of luck. For once we got a result to make up for the recent 5 near-misses.

We could easily be 17th this evening, but we are 7th. Crazy league!

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 18 Dec 2010 19:57

Who is Elwood? :|

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 18 Dec 2010 19:59

T.R.O.L.I. Who is Elwood? :|

Hilarious nickname only snowball uses for Leigterwood.

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict

by T.R.O.L.I. » 18 Dec 2010 20:00

Oh, okay.

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict

by T.R.O.L.I. » 18 Dec 2010 20:01

Out of interest, I see Fedders got booked today. Was this for timewasting?

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 18 Dec 2010 20:01

T.R.O.L.I. Who is Elwood? :|

Leigertwood.
L'wood.
Elwood.

129 posts