Back from the game - Norwich

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Back from the game - Norwich

by AthleticoSpizz » 12 Feb 2011 22:25

LoyalRoyalFan Ian Harte shouldn't be in the team.
..well, that is as about constructive as it gets on here folks

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 12 Feb 2011 22:26

The top 7 are setting a fierce pace. Ten points off Leeds makes it look like a long shot now. Got to say its very disappointing after how we fared in the second-half of last season. We haven't maintained that form this season and our season may well be over (in reality) by 10:00pm on March 1st.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 12 Feb 2011 22:29

Having seen the goals on the telly, you have to say Harte and Ingimarssons lack of pace and general flat footedness contributed to both Norwich's goals.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 12 Feb 2011 22:48

Boyle the Royal Jem's housemate Callum Kennedy got sent off on his debut for Rotherham today as well, probably got some kind of hoilday planned. Both in the 64th minute as well, spooky.

Well that's their next 3 games each up in #flames.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 12 Feb 2011 23:15

Just got in - thought we were unlucky not to get the point there. Couldn't see the sendig off properly from where we were, but couldn't help but think Norwich were looking for a sending off to rebalance the last game between us.

Saw the tw@t that threw something at Harte, which hit the lino, get thrown out - but boyband told us on way back that the bloke was let back in. :roll:

We sat in what is obviously the equivalent of the Upper West, quiet except when they scored. Schards was only one jumping around like a loon when we scored! :lol:

Thought Kebe had a much better game today, Tabb was excellent and Feds would probably be my RFC MOTM. Long worked hard as usual. HRK was pretty anonymous for me, Harte looked a bit of a liability.

Was Jobi injured? Who we going to play in Karacan's place on Tuesday?? :cry:

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 12 Feb 2011 23:18

the man for all reasons

SuperBryn of course

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 12 Feb 2011 23:19

Ideal
largetrousers Harte got found out for pace a few times which gave them the first goal.

Surprise, surprise!
Ian Harte in lack of pace costing us points shocker.

TBH when Matty Mills is slating harte saying how slow he is and is baffled why the 'gaffer' plays him then it says alot about his pace.

Cummings at LB > Harte

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 13 Feb 2011 00:02

Gutting that they score in the extra injury time caused by their own fans thuggish behaviour

Very annoyed with all the Reading fans stood up today too, ruined my view that I paid £31 for !!

BenReadingFC
Hob Nob Regular

by BenReadingFC » 13 Feb 2011 01:02

Big Foot Very annoyed with all the Reading fans stood up today too, ruined my view that I paid £31 for !!

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 13 Feb 2011 02:14

lol at holts celebration, straight over to the reading fans with hand on ear to rub it in. :lol:

Elmer Park

by Elmer Park » 13 Feb 2011 08:45

Thought we put up a decent performance and having got so close it was cruel we didn't come away with something. That being said Federici was called upon to make a lot of saves during the match and if the winner had come ten minutes earlier I wouldn't have felt so aggrieved by the result.

No complaints from me on the sending off. Difficult to comment on our penalty claim being so far away but it looked a decent shout and I don't think Tabby has a history of going down too easily although the referee on more than one occasion seemed to think so.

As an attacking force I thought in general it was pretty much Kebe and Long or nothing again. On the other wing it was the same story as usual - HRK worked hard but was ineffective and Antonio was more unpredictable but lost the ball in dangerous areas.The midfield was hard working but lacked creativity and despite his error for the first Norwich goal I thought Tabby looked a little more like the old Tabb that I haven't seen much this season.

I always try to see what positives players bring to the team as well as seeing their weaknesses but I am afraid far too many goals against are either being created or scored from the left hand side of our defence. Harte is good in the air and reasonable on the ball without being exceptional in my view. We all know he is going to get skinned by players for pace but especially having seen the winner again he really should have been getting a challenge in on Holt for the goal even if he had ended up deflecting the ball into the net. He looked extremely tired and leggy. Time for a change - we have little to lose now anyway.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 13 Feb 2011 09:23

Not much too add, I'm gutted we lost what looked like a comfortable point in the last few seconds.

MOTM was Fed who made 3 or 4 cracking saves. Tabby started poorly and kept falling over, but got better as the game went on. Howard was pretty useless, just jogging around in circles contributing little. Kebe was much better than previous games, he always seems to play better away.

I thought Jem's red card was harsh, it was a one footed slide tackle which appeared to make little contact although it was studs up. Refs these days seem to think that's enough having moved on from two footed tackles. The ref was a homer and no doubt encouraged to show the card by every Norwich player surrounding him.

Pretty decent prematch pints, but a long journey back - over 4 hours.

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 13 Feb 2011 09:33

Decent day out with a mate from Norwich showing us all the best pubs, nice ground, decent atmosphere, good fun on the train back, everything but the result, but you can't have it all. 8)

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 13 Feb 2011 11:24

After seeing the footage for the winning goal, considering for the last minute of them match you would be defending for your lives, that was pretty woeful from all concerned.

Harte needs to be dropped as does Ingi.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 13 Feb 2011 11:25

Where has this stuff about Mills slating Harte come from btw?

Jeffers217

by Jeffers217 » 13 Feb 2011 11:50

paultheroyal After seeing the footage for the winning goal, considering for the last minute of them match you would be defending for your lives, that was pretty woeful from all concerned.

Harte needs to be dropped as does Ingi.

Agreed. I didn't go to the game but it's another pointer for a change of personnel in that back line. Zurab and Armstrong are much better players than Ingi and Harte

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 13 Feb 2011 13:41

Boyle the Royal Jem's housemate Callum Kennedy got sent off on his debut for Rotherham today as well, probably got some kind of hoilday planned. Both in the 64th minute as well, spooky.

Anyone see any foreign looking types putting big bets with the bookies?!

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 13 Feb 2011 13:49

Royal Lady Where has this stuff about Mills slating Harte come from btw?

From Mills himself

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 13 Feb 2011 13:57

loyalroyal4life

From Mills himself

There was a moment Harte got skinned in 2nd half and Mills went mad shouting at him...fair enough, but the ball hadn't even gone out of play and that lack of concentration could have cost us.

People talk about dropping Ivar and Harte, as much as I like Mills I've got to say he's the one who should be dropped. A consistent liability and their first goal came not too long after he gave away a cheap free kick on the halfway line under little pressure.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 13 Feb 2011 15:58

loyalroyal4life

From Mills himself
:roll:

WHERE has he said this?