general thoughts of season so far

15 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
loyalroyal7

general thoughts of season so far

by loyalroyal7 » 12 Feb 2011 23:27

general thoughts , our we under acheiving?

Kitson12
Hob Nob Regular

Re: general thoughts of season so far

by Kitson12 » 12 Feb 2011 23:31

loyalroyal7 general thoughts , our we under acheiving?

Are we underachieving. Maybe stop with the thread starting for tonight yer?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 12 Feb 2011 23:36

loyalroyal7 general thoughts , ARE we under acheiving?
this season in view of everything....erm.....no

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 13 Feb 2011 00:19

we are not good enough....yet.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 13 Feb 2011 07:08

Some of the support are over achieving in their expectations.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 13 Feb 2011 10:03

royalexile Some of the support are over achieving in their expectations.

Why? In the second-half of last season we were top 3/4 in the form table. I for one had expectations of the play-offs this season after the way we finished in spring 2010.
I feel a bit disappointed with the waythings are panning out. We need more pace at the back and some creativity in central midfield. Sort those areas out and we can challenge.

under the tin

by under the tin » 13 Feb 2011 10:28

PEARCEY
We need more pace at the back and some creativity in central midfield. Sort those areas out and we can challenge.

That's presumably with the obvious proviso that we can hold on to our best players over the summer........

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 13 Feb 2011 10:28

since SC moved we have signed the following professionals.

Matthew Mills Doncaster £2,000,000 06 Aug, 2009
Jobi McAnuff Watford Signed 27 Aug, 2009
Grzegorz Rasiak Southampton Signed 27 Aug, 2009 Left
Brian Howard Sheff Utd £500,000 01 Sep, 2009
Shaun Cummings Chelsea Transfer 01 Sep, 2009 not established, very poor start
Andy Griffin Stoke Nominal 01 Jul, 2010

Marcus Williams Scunthorpe Free 15 Jul, 2010 not established, loaned out already
Ian Harte Carlisle Signed 31 Aug, 2010
Sean Morrison Swindon Signed 18 Jan, 2011 too soon to knowfor the future
Mathieu Manset Hereford Signed 21 Jan, 2011

reality is we sold a team that made 4th place, and we have so far found replacements for possiblty 4 players of that team from incoming transfers. Mills,McAnuff,Griffin, Harte(at a push) add to that a few loans and the lack of any signing that has excited the fans and you can see why we are not top 6.

I can add that other than Bertrand we have not even had the up and coming players from a Prem club, go backwards and look at Sidwell, Upson, Harper. Oh for more of that quality now, won't be long before they start talking about ST for next season, expect a further drop, and JM begging people to get behind the great push for the Premier League.

Scarface
Hob Nob Regular

by Scarface » 13 Feb 2011 11:34

right now I'm very disappointed, for me the season is now on a knife edge. We're not going to make the play-offs, but I'd like us to finish positively like last season. My suspiscion is the team is in decline, we're investing in potential (which is what happens when a former scout takes over as manager), so I can only see more decline over the next few seasons as we sell off more "big name" players.

I can see us losing the next 2 league games.

Jeffers217

by Jeffers217 » 13 Feb 2011 11:38

PEARCEY
royalexile Some of the support are over achieving in their expectations.

Why? In the second-half of last season we were top 3/4 in the form table. I for one had expectations of the play-offs this season after the way we finished in spring 2010.
I feel a bit disappointed with the waythings are panning out. We need more pace at the back and some creativity in central midfield. Sort those areas out and we can challenge.

We lost THE SIG- that is why we are not carrying on that form and that is exactly why fans need to get realistic with what to expect from this season

loyalroyal7

by loyalroyal7 » 13 Feb 2011 11:43

I feel we have a decent squad but the players are not reaching potential i.e kebe mcanuff hunt church federici to a extent he still makes sill mistakes such as forest and cardiff , if we can keep the current squad and add a striker and a creative midfielder and maybe a game changer from the bench we should have a decent chance next season

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 13 Feb 2011 12:03

Most of the above post and if we had kept Gylfi would we be looking at automatic promotion and the financial rewards that might bring other than the instant profit from his sale. We are talking though as if other teams do not improve their squad and are deemed a more enticing prospect.

The team are stable mid table with the occasional peak /peek at playoffs but the team have never been consistant as a unit or individually. When a player falls off we have not got someone stepping into the breach to pick up where the form left off. A potentail win turns onto a draw or a draw into a loss all too rapidly on occasion, and is very telling in a tight league.

roadrunner
Hob Nob Regular

by roadrunner » 13 Feb 2011 12:39

No. We are exactly where we deserve to be after we have sold all our decent strikers and play makers over the last couple of seasons. Next season we will be even weaker, and I only hope we can maintain our Championship status until fresh investment arrives (if it ever arrives).

trueroyal1871

by trueroyal1871 » 13 Feb 2011 13:27

roadrunner

No. We are exactly where we deserve to be after we have sold all our decent strikers and play makers over the last couple of seasons. Next season we will be even weaker, and I only hope we can maintain our Championship status until fresh investment arrives (if it ever arrives).

This is very true, the club needs additional investment, if Madejski is finding it tough he needs to at least consider selling some of his share in the club to invest in the squad if he doesn't want to sell the whole thing. We are currently where we deserve to be in the table and if you look at the investments a lot of the other clubs have made we are some way from being a top six side. I think only 4 or 5 of our squad would be regulars in the current top 6 teams.

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 13 Feb 2011 16:35

we are not under achieving

we are exactly where we should be, a top half, ,mid table team

I am not a doom monger saying this. I am a realist rather than an optimist.

15 posts   •   Page 1 of 1