Re: Milwall Match Thread (22/2/11) Sponsored By Stone Island

by NR_Royal » 22 Feb 2011 21:57

7 points off the playoffs...

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 22 Feb 2011 22:00

Woohoo!!

Completely forgot about this and was taken on a Birthday treat. Really happy to come back and find we've won! Howard must have been a bit unlucky not to start, poor chap. Mills being out injured wouldn't necessarily be such a bad thing... though I hope it's not serious for him. Just bad enough to allow someone else like Khiz, Pearce or Morrison to establish themselves and keep him out.

Noel Hunt is getting on my nerves. I used to really like him. Then he's pissed me off with some really quite poor performances and an attitude towards refs I hate, now he's bloody scoring again. Noel, be crap, or be good, stop giving me conflicting emotions you bloody lovely gimp.

EDIT: Shame McCarthy couldn't keep a clean sheet, but getting three points in the bag will hopefully be really good for him. Pleased he could kick off his first start with three points.

Tamworth_Royal
Location: She's got a tongue like an electric eel and she likes the taste of a man's tonsils.

by Tamworth_Royal » 22 Feb 2011 22:04

Ian Royal Woohoo!!

Completely forgot about this and was taken on a Birthday treat. Really happy to come back and find we've won! Howard must have been a bit unlucky not to start, poor chap. Mills being out injured wouldn't necessarily be such a bad thing... though I hope it's not serious for him. Just bad enough to allow someone else like Khiz, Pearce or Morrison to establish themselves and keep him out.

Noel Hunt is getting on my nerves. I used to really like him. Then he's pissed me off with some really quite poor performances and an attitude towards refs I hate, now he's bloody scoring again. Noel, be crap, or be good, stop giving me conflicting emotions you bloody lovely gimp.

EDIT: Shame McCarthy couldn't keep a clean sheet, but getting three points in the bag will hopefully be really good for him. Pleased he could kick off his first start with three points.

Great fan :roll:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 22 Feb 2011 22:04

Says Mr overly negative critical tosspiece.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 22 Feb 2011 22:05

At last a League win. Its been a long time in coming but hopefully with some easier games to come we can see the team go on a bit of a run.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 22 Feb 2011 22:06

Ian Royal Says Mr overly negative critical tosspiece.

Why react? You support Reading with a passion. You know that. Just ignore the barbs.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 22 Feb 2011 22:07

PEARCEY At last a League win. Its been a long time in coming but hopefully with some easier games to come we can see the team go on a bit of a run.

Next couple are key... get a bit of momentum and we could start flying like last season, especially with a result against Everton. Or it could be more of the same with the odd win here and there. Season's pattern suggests a win against Palace now though.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 22 Feb 2011 22:10

Ian Royal
PEARCEY At last a League win. Its been a long time in coming but hopefully with some easier games to come we can see the team go on a bit of a run.

Next couple are key... get a bit of momentum and we could start flying like last season, especially with a result against Everton. Or it could be more of the same with the odd win here and there. Season's pattern suggests a win against Palace now though.

Palace is very winnable.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 22 Feb 2011 22:17

My prophetic wisdom also suggests a win against Palace, though not by three to nil.

londinium
Hob Nob Regular

by londinium » 22 Feb 2011 22:17

PEARCEY
Ian Royal

Palace is very winnable.

Should be easy as they havent lost at home for nearly 4 months and haven't even let a goal in at Selhurst for 9 games......

..... piece of p*ss!!

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 22 Feb 2011 22:19

Yep their home record is good with 8 wins and only 4 defeats but they are 4th from bottom so are not exactly the strongest outfit in the division.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 22 Feb 2011 22:20

Be fairly typical of our season for us to spank them then.

londinium
Hob Nob Regular

by londinium » 22 Feb 2011 22:24

PEARCEY Yep their home record is good with 8 wins and only 4 defeats but they are 4th from bottom so are not exactly the strongest outfit in the division.

Current form is what matters and their current home form is much better than our current away form... will be really tough there.

I am hoping for a win or that is it for the season ...but can only see us getting a point max.

We only mustered a point at Shef United and they are pathetically bad at both home and way at present.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 22 Feb 2011 22:27

I just hope McDermott goes for a win at Palace and starts with 2 up-front. We have very little to lose as relegation is incredibly unlikely from here on in.

londinium
Hob Nob Regular

by londinium » 22 Feb 2011 22:31

PEARCEY I just hope McDermott goes for a win at Palace and starts with 2 up-front. We have very little to lose as relegation is incredibly unlikely from here on in.

Agreed, with the wingers we have - Kebe coming back to form, and McMuff against his old team, L'wood against his old team and a slightly younger defence now Harte is out, plus Hunty back on the score sheet and Shlong still netting them then nothing but all out effort for the win can be accepted.

Jeffers217

by Jeffers217 » 22 Feb 2011 23:24

londinium
PEARCEY I just hope McDermott goes for a win at Palace and starts with 2 up-front. We have very little to lose as relegation is incredibly unlikely from here on in.

Agreed, with the wingers we have - Kebe coming back to form, and McMuff against his old team, L'wood against his old team and a slightly younger defence now Harte is out, plus Hunty back on the score sheet and Shlong still netting them then nothing but all out effort for the win can be accepted.

Is Kebe having one good game "coming back to form"?!?!? He was very poor on sat

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 23 Feb 2011 08:57

Ian Royal Woohoo!!

He came back on didn't he after treatment?

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 23 Feb 2011 10:05

Jeffers217
londinium

Is Kebe having one good game "coming back to form"?!?!? He was very poor on sat

wingers=up and down

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 23 Feb 2011 10:15

gotta love millwall singing, "your not singing any more" when we scored.
we werent feckin singing in the first place you divs
Last edited by brendywendy on 23 Feb 2011 10:36, edited 1 time in total.