QPR points deduction?

1341 posts
Z175
Hob Nob Regular

Re: QPR points deduction?

by Z175 » 19 Apr 2011 12:49

JC
Z175 The more QPR hemorage points the less likely it is they can fudge it though. Their remaining fixtures are Cardiff, Hull, Watford and Leeds so they may end up only going up by a few points. If they are found guilty there could be hell to pay. Frankly i'm expecting another decision like the original Tevez dispute and the Wimbledon move - not guilty, no problems, carry on.

Wasn't the Tevez decision guilty and a £5 million fine? The difference is that then the rules were not clear, but now the rules have been clearly defined. Surely the important point is that there are 2 charges also relating to a cover up. If those are proved then surely there can only be a hefty penalty

Thats a fair comment it was a roughly £5m fine but Tevez was allowed to continue to play, thus keeping WHU up. Clearly they can fine QPR up to 500 million without causing their owners any problems so I am thinking personally of financial penalties essentially being akin to a no problem, carry on mentality.

If QPR have broken 7 league rules, including player eligibility that sees lower league clubs docked points then they should porbably get a big deduction. However we all know they won't do it so I suspect there will be no footballing punishment

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 19 Apr 2011 14:36

If they don't hand out a meaningful punishment then perhaps other clubs in the FL should go to court over it.........

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 19 Apr 2011 14:53

Assuming they're found guilty - that's by no means certain.

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 19 Apr 2011 14:53

im sure midget Ecclestone will have already undertaken some behind the scenes "dialogue" to smooth the path ...that being the case, are our football hierarchy any less corrupt than Blatter and his chums?

~On the face of it and with 7 charges, one must stick surely ...and we know that it will be a fine which for a club that has more money than ever, is a futile penalty...

Maybe for Luton and Co their apporoach was you dont have the dosh, we'll take points off, as we dont want to financially ruin you

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 19 Apr 2011 15:25

DOYLERSAROYALER im sure midget Ecclestone will have already undertaken some behind the scenes "dialogue" to smooth the path ...that being the case, are our football hierarchy any less corrupt than Blatter and his chums?

~On the face of it and with 7 charges, one must stick surely ...and we know that it will be a fine which for a club that has more money than ever, is a futile penalty...

Maybe for Luton and Co their apporoach was you dont have the dosh, we'll take points off, as we dont want to financially ruin you

But a points reduction for Luton did absolutely nothing for their financial situation as they ended up relegated to the Conference.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 19 Apr 2011 15:45

Still worth pushing for third place, just in case.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 19 Apr 2011 16:06

Z175 If QPR have broken 7 league rules, including player eligibility that sees lower league clubs docked points then they should porbably get a big deduction. However we all know they won't do it so I suspect there will be no footballing punishment

No we don't.

It is my strong (some have said naive) belief that if they are found guilty they will not be playing in the PL next season.

torbayroyal

by torbayroyal » 19 Apr 2011 16:12

The FA on Wednesday charged the club and chairman Gianni Paladini with breaching seven regulations, including providing false information when the player was registered.

Not knowing of any wrong doing is one thing but to provide false information is pretty serious

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 19 Apr 2011 16:27

Schards#2 Still worth pushing for third place, just in case.

I thought we were pushing for 2nd?

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 19 Apr 2011 17:07

I'm currently pushing for a number 2.

roadrunner
Hob Nob Regular

by roadrunner » 19 Apr 2011 18:05

Haven't the other points deductions for player ineligibility been quite small?
There will in my opinion be a points deduction but I think the FA will bottle it and take something small off them that wont effect their league placing and cause mayhem. If for example QPR were to finish 14 points off third place, I would expect something like 12 points deducted. If they finished just 8 points ahead of third then I'd expect 6 deducted... I just don't see the FA having it in them to throw the book at QPR and deny them a promotion. That's just my suspicious take on it anyway.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 19 Apr 2011 18:16

roadrunner Haven't the other points deductions for player ineligibility been quite small?
There will in my opinion be a points deduction but I think the FA will bottle it and take something small off them that wont effect their league placing and cause mayhem. If for example QPR were to finish 14 points off third place, I would expect something like 12 points deducted. If they finished just 8 points ahead of third then I'd expect 6 deducted... I just don't see the FA having it in them to throw the book at QPR and deny them a promotion. That's just my suspicious take on it anyway.

What if we win all 4 of our remaining games and QPR draw their match at Cardiff and lose the rest? Not impossibel although hughly unlikely. Try it on the BBC predictor thingy. That would certainly put a spanner in the League's works!!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 19 Apr 2011 18:18

QPR aren't very likely to finish 14 points off third either, given they're currently 11 off 4th. If they lose to Cardiff and have a wobble, then even a minor points deduction - say 5? - could just about drop them into 3rd or 4th behind us.

roadrunner
Hob Nob Regular

by roadrunner » 19 Apr 2011 18:29

Ian Royal QPR aren't very likely to finish 14 points off third either

It wasvonly an example, Ian. They could finish 10 off third but then I'd see a 8 point deduction. They might finish 6 points clear of third, but be 5 deducted... I think the deduction will always be less than what would take promotion away from them, and therefore prevent all sorts of mayhem with who takes their place in auto, how the play-offs have changed, who's missed out wanting to consider going to court etc etc...

I hope the FA surprise us and have the balls to deny them promotion. I just don't see it though.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 19 Apr 2011 18:31

If there's one thing I'm certain of, it's that if there is a points deduction it won't be calculated looking at the league table.

roadrunner
Hob Nob Regular

by roadrunner » 19 Apr 2011 18:35

Ian Royal If there's one thing I'm certain of, it's that if there is a points deduction it won't be calculated looking at the league table.

Because the FA are a clean and trustworthy organisation.. You can never be certain of anything when there's millions of pounds at stake.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 19 Apr 2011 18:42

Ian Royal If there's one thing I'm certain of, it's that if there is a points deduction it won't be calculated looking at the league table.

THAT I cannot believe

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 19 Apr 2011 18:43

Yet, I, on the other hand, believe that any points deduction WILL be calculated with them having one eye on the league table. The best we can hope for is that they are deducted enough points to send them into the play offs, thus enabling whoever finishes 3rd to go up automatically - but I won't hold my breath.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 19 Apr 2011 18:47

It will depend on what they get found guilty of, if anything. If they get found guilty of the falsifying documents charge, then the book will be thrown at them - if they get found guilty of a lesser charge then they may only get a fine or minimal points.

If they only get a small penalty for covering it up then it'll set a very dangerous precident.
Last edited by Stranded on 19 Apr 2011 18:50, edited 1 time in total.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 19 Apr 2011 18:49

I didn't say I'm certain they'll deduct any points. Just if they do, they'll do it properly without the league table as guidance, because if they do it's because they're doing it properly.

1341 posts