On the way back from the game - City.

207 posts
Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

Re: On the way back from the game - City.

by Svlad Cjelli » 14 Mar 2011 15:46

Has anyone mentioned the "souvenir" scarfs being sold all around the ground yet? "Reading FC 1887"

And some people were even buying them!

rfcjoe
Hob Nob Regular

by rfcjoe » 14 Mar 2011 15:51

Svlad Cjelli Has anyone mentioned the "souvenir" scarfs being sold all around the ground yet? "Reading FC 1887"

:lol: I need photographic evidence! That is mental!

facaldaqui
Hob Nob Regular

by facaldaqui » 14 Mar 2011 15:58

No Fixed Abode Despite having tickets, I ended up watching the game in O'Shea's. Boy it was a boring game - good job I was hammered.

For neutrals it must've been a boring game, but I don't know how a Reading supporter could have found it boring, unless their attention span was affected by drink. I found the constant harrying and tackling of the Reading players microscopically gripping.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 14 Mar 2011 16:50

LUX snitch. I need a new image.

I'll be over for the Forest game this year. You going?

Is it an away game?

*no plastico*

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 14 Mar 2011 16:50

Svlad Cjelli Has anyone mentioned the "souvenir" scarfs being sold all around the ground yet? "Reading FC 1887"

Yes I mentioned it!

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 14 Mar 2011 16:54

Sorry. Corrected version below :

Svlad Cjelli Has anyone significant mentioned the "souvenir" scarfs being sold all around the ground yet? "Reading FC 1887"

:wink:

muddyfeet
Hob Nob Regular

by muddyfeet » 14 Mar 2011 16:54

Royal Lady

Is it an away game?

*no plastico*

tis away, I can still remember feds smacking the ball into jem at the mad stad!

facaldaqui
Hob Nob Regular

by facaldaqui » 14 Mar 2011 16:55

Royal Lady

Yes I mentioned it!

I don't buy souvenirs these days, but the fact the date is wrong on the shirts doesn't change their value as souvenirs. Same as a programme with the wrong players on it.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 14 Mar 2011 17:15

My daughter spotted the mistake on the scarf that a friend had bought. Up until then he had been chuffed that he had beaten the price down to £7. My son then took great delight in going over to the street trader and pointing out the mistake. At first the guy would have none of it till my son pointed to the date on the badge of his official replica kit. The trader then surmised that perhaps it was a deliberate mistake for copyright reasons!

End result, my son had him beaten down to £5 a scarf or two for £8 but still walked away from buying it as a novelty item!
rfcjoe

How many women went by the fookin way?! Bet they had a gr8 day out with their husbands/boyfriends :roll: Bet they couldn't tell you what the score was either :roll:

F*ck off 'Andy Gray' you chauvinistic pig! Reckon my daughter knows more about football and is probably a better player than you too!

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 14 Mar 2011 17:56

floyd__streete Still, this was a memorable day out at the end of another excellent cup run. The half time rave in the concourse will long be remembered, brilliant scenes! The players had a huddle with McD at the end before coming over to us and you’d hope hew as saying “12 more performances as resilient as this and we’ll be at Wembley anyway, lads”. Fortunately for us, we won’t be facing such expensive class again this season.

+1! The beer shower and the tribute to Armstrong were great, as was 'Brian, give us a song' to Mcermott's double and his reply with 'He's our Georgian international...'

anyone got any video of the half time frolics?
Last edited by St Pauli on 14 Mar 2011 17:56, edited 1 time in total.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 14 Mar 2011 17:56

Alvin Stardust. The full works.

rfcjoe
Hob Nob Regular

by rfcjoe » 14 Mar 2011 18:00

RoyalBlue
rfcjoe

How many women went by the fookin way?! Bet they had a gr8 day out with their husbands/boyfriends :roll: Bet they couldn't tell you what the score was either :roll:

F*ck off 'Andy Gray' you chauvinistic pig! Reckon my daughter knows more about football and is probably a better player than you too!

ell oh ell

royal_ali

by royal_ali » 14 Mar 2011 18:03

Your just a shit maradona

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 14 Mar 2011 18:04

TBF, the windows on the coaches look bloody clean!

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 14 Mar 2011 18:28

Did you also see the Man City and Reading quarter final scarves they were trying to sell outside the ground.....I didn't see one taker.

prostak
Hob Nob Regular

by prostak » 14 Mar 2011 18:50

In fairness I did see a few people buying them, and noticed some up in the Family Stand. If we'd won, I'd have considered it, but their rendering of our badge just offended me. A few blue and white stripes across a circle, like they'd used Pro Evo as a guide.

Bacon Double Cheese
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Lincoln, the home of quality football and Peterborough which isn't

by Bacon Double Cheese » 14 Mar 2011 19:13

Gav
Royal Lady Nice to meet TFF and see BDC and Mrs BDC again after so long.

I was sat next to BDC. Nice guy, I probably irritated the p*ss out of him though!

I sat next to Gav. He's oxf*rd loud but a nice guy. The hearing in my right ear is back now :shock:

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 14 Mar 2011 19:14

royalexile
Gav First in the services, last out. 40 minute stop :( Coach heating broken and iPhone battery about to die. Worst.

Some of those coaches looked a little ropey!!

At least one of the drivers did too! A Weaveaway coach completely cut up a car just in front of me on the way back down the M6. Must have forgotten MSM and just went for the final M! Could have been nasty.

On the way back the coaches caused a fair bit of congestion pulling out into the middle lane at just a couple of miles an hour faster than those on the inside, leaving everyone else trying to get past in lane 3!

I was glad when we finally got past them all (counted 25, so assume I managed to beat a few out of Manchester) and arrived at Warwick services ahead of them. Had just got our coffee from Starbucks when all the coaches arrived and disgorged their passengers like a plague of locusts!! Staff at the services didn't know what hit them!!

Bacon Double Cheese
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Bacon Double Cheese » 14 Mar 2011 19:17

Royal Lady
Bandini
Royal Lady The "ball boys" were rubbish. Hardly saw one all game.

I'm surprised no-one else was brave enough to come and say hello to me yesterday tbh.

Why would they have had to be brave? Were you liquored-up?

I was *slightly* inebriated - yes

What I meant was, they all give it the big one on here - having a go at me, telling me to shut up or whatever, and yet I'm sure some people realised who I was, what with the leopard print coat etc but didn't dare to introduce themselves. Unlike, TFF who was very pleasant and made a point of coming to say hello.

Ahem, I think you'll find I was brave enough to come and say hello :evil: Mind you I couldn't understand a work you were slurring :shock:

Bacon Double Cheese
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Bacon Double Cheese » 14 Mar 2011 19:24

Schards#2
No Fixed Abode Despite having tickets, I ended up watching the game in O'Shea's. Boy it was a boring game - good job I was hammered. Man City were boring and Reading didn't create anything of note. I can only remember a Shane Long shot in the 2nd half I think. Pretty much one way traffic for City, but they couldn't do much with it. Maybe a draw would have been fair, but Reading just didn't do enough to win it.

I think somebody is supposed to say:

"jesus christ, I was desperate for tickets and you had them but didn't go, that makes me seeth you bastard" ?

So there you go Kes.

Hope it's floated your boat.

I thought Kes was driving there in some big SPS truck thing, he showed a picture of it somewhere.

207 posts