Hob Nob Addict

Re: To all the fans who booed today

by Rex » 25 Apr 2011 18:44

^^^^

Not bad. :lol:

Optimist

by Optimist » 25 Apr 2011 18:47

Its still 8 wins and a draw from the last 10. If the draw and defeat had been within the wins (say, 4th and 7th games for e.g) everyone would be getting soooooo excited about our form. We're 1 single point off the playoffs with games against two teams with little or nothing to play for, imo thats amazing considering where we were. Lets just get Kebe back, put things into perspective and roll on to Coventry. URZZZZZZZZ!

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 25 Apr 2011 18:49

Optimist We're 1 single point off the playoffs

Last time I checked we were in the playoffs :?

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 25 Apr 2011 18:53

Booing under any circumstances is brainless.

Stand in front of a mirror and boo. Yes, that's right. You look and sound like a moron.

Optimist

by Optimist » 25 Apr 2011 18:54

I mean being guarenteed a playoff place :|

Mad Dog's Ghost

by Mad Dog's Ghost » 25 Apr 2011 19:10

Jerry, you're spot on.

I prefer to use a full-on torrent of expletives and abuse. Unfortunately I was with my 4-year-old who was screaming 'Come on Reading' to the final whistle.

He'll learn.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 25 Apr 2011 19:14

A poor day in what has turned out to be a good season

you couldn't even boo for it being a waste of money today.... with 5 goals, it certainly wasn't

roadrunner
Hob Nob Regular

by roadrunner » 25 Apr 2011 19:24

I'm just stunned we have so called fans that booed the team today. You bunch of ungrateful spastics!!

Our season looked to be over only 6 weeks ago. Today our chances of automatic promotion were dashed, but our play-off place all but assured.

I'm bouncing off the walls. Some of you don't deserve a football club like this. Fcuk off to Chelsea.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 25 Apr 2011 19:26

John Peel . No f*cking wonder half the team now chooses to celebrate away from where I sit in the east stand, and over by the
west stand (and before you say it, the players' families were always sat there).

LOL

The players tend to celebrate with the stand nearest to where they were - i.e. today Hunt celebrated in front of West Stand as scored from that side and HRK from East Stand side

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 25 Apr 2011 19:26

roadrunner I'm bouncing off the walls. Some of you don't deserve a football club like this. Fcuk off to Chelsea.
Bet you're not bouncing off the walls

Mad Dog's Ghost

by Mad Dog's Ghost » 25 Apr 2011 19:31

In the same way that you're not stabbing the Swindon.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 25 Apr 2011 19:37

superreadingfan I'm glad people were out there booing, in fact they weren't just booing the pitiful display on the field, but the pitiful display off the field. Madejski your time is up. You might have tricked a few liverpool fans on here but we are not falling for it no more. It's time to pack your bags and go back to Poland or wherever you came from.

Keep fishing.

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 25 Apr 2011 19:39

Vicky Pollard today was a chance missed to get closer to securing the away leg first in the playoffs,

Well, if its Swansea in the play offs we most definately do NOT want to be away 1st. We will not chase down a deficit against that lot. Home leg 1st for me.

roadrunner
Hob Nob Regular

by roadrunner » 25 Apr 2011 19:41

Big Foot
roadrunner I'm bouncing off the walls. Some of you don't deserve a football club like this. Fcuk off to Chelsea.

Mad Dog's Ghost In the same way that you're not stabbing the Swindon.

:lol:

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 25 Apr 2011 19:44

I booed because we played sh*t and the players didn't seem to care..

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 25 Apr 2011 19:45

roadrunner
Big Foot

Mad Dog's Ghost In the same way that you're not stabbing the Swindon.

:lol:

In the same way that Reading aren't the greatest team, the world has ever seen

Winnershroyal

by Winnershroyal » 25 Apr 2011 19:51

Just now bought my first season ticket after 9 seasons of ticketing game by game.

I OXFORD love this team, today means nothing, weve been on a great run, so what about today. Looking forward to inflatables at Coventry and then the play off against Brenda.

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 25 Apr 2011 23:48

You love Oxford?

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

by Libertine » 26 Apr 2011 00:07

Maybe it is just me. Or maybe it is the sporting culture I've grown up in but when a team/player doesn't play the game the way it should be played, even a great team/player, they deserve to be booed and usually are. It has nothing to do with booing just because a team lost a game. All teams lose games and in no way deserve to be booed based solely on that fact. For example the Boston Red Sox of MLB have been booed off the field many times, including in their championship seasons, when they didn't play the game the way it should be played. The booing doesn't mean we hate the team or think they are shite, just that we didn't approve of the way they played that particular game which we spent hard earned money to attend. And of course we want our favorite team to come out next game and make it right by winning 10-0. Maybe it is different over there and it gets chalked up to just being "one of those days", but I don't think booing or whistling a team off the pitch is out of bounds, if deserved, like, imho, today's game. These players are paid a great deal of money to play a child's game. More money than most of us will see in a decade, if not a lifetime for the bigger stars. They need to have thick skin, accept why they were booed and redouble their efforts to make sure it doesn't happen again, or at least for a very long time.

For what it is worth...

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 26 Apr 2011 01:02

Libertine Maybe it is just me. Or maybe it is the sporting culture I've grown up in but when a team/player doesn't play the game the way it should be played, even a great team/player, they deserve to be booed and usually are. It has nothing to do with booing just because a team lost a game. All teams lose games and in no way deserve to be booed based solely on that fact. For example the Boston Red Sox of MLB have been booed off the field many times, including in their championship seasons, when they didn't play the game the way it should be played. The booing doesn't mean we hate the team or think they are shite, just that we didn't approve of the way they played that particular game which we spent hard earned money to attend. And of course we want our favorite team to come out next game and make it right by winning 10-0. Maybe it is different over there and it gets chalked up to just being "one of those days", but I don't think booing or whistling a team off the pitch is out of bounds, if deserved, like, imho, today's game. These players are paid a great deal of money to play a child's game. More money than most of us will see in a decade, if not a lifetime for the bigger stars. They need to have thick skin, accept why they were booed and redouble their efforts to make sure it doesn't happen again, or at least for a very long time.

For what it is worth...

Good points, well put.

Although I didn't boo it's not *totally* unreasonable when you just watch your team get demolished at home after a 2-0 lead by the bottom of the table team FFS.

Especially when we know they're capable and proved this with two well worked goals but then seemed to just not bother as opposed to trying hard but jut not being good enough.

It can serve as an importnat message to the team that they could and should have done better, so I certainly won't look down on anyone who did even if my preference would be not to, after such a good run.