To all the fans who booed today

John Peel

To all the fans who booed today

by John Peel » 25 Apr 2011 18:11

To all the fans who booed the team today, that's fine, it's up to you of course, but tell me, where were we in the table at the start of February? Were you even contemplating play offs then let alone automatic? We have just had the fifth (?) best winning run in our history to give us a chance of automatic promotion, only today we had a pretty f*cking bad day at the office. We capitulated when we should have gone on to win four or five nil. We were complacent and looked disinterested at times. Some of our players were shocking at times. We only looked like we wanted it when it was too late (subs made a big difference too of course). Essentially, we f*cking bottled it. But to boo after such an amazing run, after giving us a chance of promotion, IMO is a f*cking joke. And if I were a Reading player I'd be thinking, f*ck em. No f*cking wonder half the team now chooses to celebrate away from where I sit in the east stand, and over by the
west stand (and before you say it, the players' families were always sat there).

Come on you f*cking Rs. Bring on the play offs.

Discuss (and bring on the one line insults too :D )
Last edited by John Peel on 25 Apr 2011 18:13, edited 1 time in total.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

Re: To all the fans who booed today

by Row Z Royal » 25 Apr 2011 18:12

Boos were ridiculous, tbf.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 25 Apr 2011 18:14

Expectancy levels are way too high for some fans who need a reality check.

On a shoe string budget we have still managed to all but secure a playoff spot and a chance at still making it to the prem.

Agree with a regroup and then lets go for it in the playoffs!

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 25 Apr 2011 18:15

A shameful and embarrassing show on and off the pitch. To those that booed - well.

Ups and Downs
Hob Nob Regular
Location: the piss artist not formerly known as scutterbucket

by Ups and Downs » 25 Apr 2011 18:15

There was booing today? What a bunch of c*nts!

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 25 Apr 2011 18:16

Never heard booing myself, just mere frustration I thought.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 25 Apr 2011 18:16

Booing a team that is vastly overachieving is a bit lame tbh.

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

by Libertine » 25 Apr 2011 18:18

I don't think the result was being booed as much as the lack of effort for 65+ minutes of the game. Sure we've had great form. But if a team "switches it off" for the last 2/3's of any game they will have trouble beating the lowliest League 2 side never mind winning a play-off for promotion the the Premier League. That is the definition of poor form, albeit for one game. Tbf I think the team deserved to be booed for today's effort or lack thereof.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 25 Apr 2011 18:18

Some Reading fans acting like spoilt children shocker.

Because that's exactly what loads of them are. Youngsters who've never seen it really tough for us.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 25 Apr 2011 18:19

i was not their today, but if anyone booed they need shooting.

Vicky Pollard

by Vicky Pollard » 25 Apr 2011 18:20

today was a chance missed to get closer to securing the away leg first in the playoffs, not getting automatic promotion, everyone saying we've missed auto because of today are completely out of touch with reality

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 25 Apr 2011 18:20

Vicky Pollard today was a chance missed to get closer to securing the away leg first in the playoffs, not getting automatic promotion, everyone saying we've missed auto because of today are completely out of touch with reality

TBH i think the away leg second might be to our advantage, we are better set up for away games.

John Peel

by John Peel » 25 Apr 2011 18:21

Libertine Tbf I think the team deserved to be booed for today's effort or lack thereof.

Yes we were poor, but I don't think you're giving enough credit to Utd, who were brilliant at times (especially Quinn who ran the show).

Vicky Pollard

by Vicky Pollard » 25 Apr 2011 18:23

LoyalRoyal22
Vicky Pollard today was a chance missed to get closer to securing the away leg first in the playoffs, not getting automatic promotion, everyone saying we've missed auto because of today are completely out of touch with reality

TBH i think the away leg second might be to our advantage, we are better set up for away games.

in which case we should be applauding the players for a great result.

Mad Dog's Ghost

by Mad Dog's Ghost » 25 Apr 2011 18:24

A few muted boos at half time.

A little bit of booing at full time, but not that much. Sheer frustration from fans not quite able to comprehend the capitulation they'd just witnessed.

Not great, but nothing compared to the absolute hammerings fans like Millwall dish out to their own.

The players are big boys on big money. They'll get over it.

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

by Libertine » 25 Apr 2011 18:25

John Peel
Libertine Tbf I think the team deserved to be booed for today's effort or lack thereof.

Yes we were poor, but I don't think you're giving enough credit to Utd, who were brilliant at times (especially Quinn who ran the show).

If we made a team which is about to be relegated look brilliant than maybe we're not as good as advertised. A game where we honored a player who was retiring due to illness and could have clinched a play-off spot should have had a Reading team brimming with focus, intensity and emotion. There might be a lot of adjectives to describe Sheffield Utd but, based on the year, brilliant isn't one of them. Just sayin'...

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 25 Apr 2011 18:28

The one's who booed were at there first game of the season. Nice sunny bank holiday go down and watch Reading there doing rather well at the moment. The plastics who only turn up when we are doing well. Would rather they stayed away and listened to radio Berks.

double d

by double d » 25 Apr 2011 18:29

Booing is pathetic. We havent lost for 13 odd games before. I don't know of a single team around who haven't had an off game once in a while, let alone once in 3 odd months.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 25 Apr 2011 18:37

It just shows the over confidence of some of those who turned up expecting us to thrash United. When we scored the second United were having a complete howler. At that moment in time i expected us to get a comfortable win despite originally saying the game would be close, that United had it all to play for. They scored the first and we fell apart. The howler swapped sides. I can understand the frustration, the expectation being shattered but it is still never an excuse. The team will know, the plug to the hairdryer might be plugged in if the fuse isn't blown first.
I just do not feel comfortable with the booing aspect. Yeah - they are grown men and will bounce back but just urge the team onwards despite the performance.

superreadingfan

by superreadingfan » 25 Apr 2011 18:42

I'm glad people were out there booing, in fact they weren't just booing the pitiful display on the field, but the pitiful display off the field. Madejski your time is up. You might have tricked a few liverpool fans on here but we are not falling for it no more. It's time to pack your bags and go back to Poland or wherever you came from.