Official: Adam Le Fondre signs for Reading

484 posts
loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

Re: RUMOUR - Adam Le Fondre

by loyalroyal4life » 15 Aug 2011 15:22

did we really need to start another thread for a player already discussed previously?

YateleyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Either screwing or working, so the grind don't stop

by YateleyRoyal » 15 Aug 2011 15:56

loyalroyal4life did we really need to start another thread for a player already discussed previously?

Hasnt started a new one, he just resurrected the old one...

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 15 Aug 2011 16:17

tomrfcurz Apparently there's rumours coming out of Rotherham that we've been watching him for a good while and have decided to now bid an up front fee of £300,000 with another possible £100,000 in add ons. Not sure of how much they value him but from the little bits I've seen he looks a very good striker, albeit in the lower league of course. I've heard Sheff Wed had a bid rejected but I'm not sure how much that was. I'm sure Le Fondre himself would favour a move to the Championship though. Thoughts on him?

clearly a goalscorer. Every year for last 2 or 3 years he's bagged 20-30 goals for Rotherham. Like i mentioned above if he doesn't score he's one of them players that you wouldn't known he'd played. But in and around the box his finishing is superb.

I think he's worth a gamble for someone and maybe Reading.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: SPECULATION : ADAM LE FONDRE

by SouthDownsRoyal » 15 Aug 2011 18:17

WE WONT BUY A STRIKER why dont people give up pointless discussion about who we wont sign

dogzbollox

by dogzbollox » 15 Aug 2011 21:03

tomrfcurz Apparently there's rumours coming out of Rotherham that we've been watching him for a good while and have decided to now bid an up front fee of £300,000 with another possible £100,000 in add ons. Not sure of how much they value him but from the little bits I've seen he looks a very good striker, albeit in the lower league of course. I've heard Sheff Wed had a bid rejected but I'm not sure how much that was. I'm sure Le Fondre himself would favour a move to the Championship though. Thoughts on him?

If we did get him he'd most probably be farmed out on loan to a div 1 club straight away

bennno

by bennno » 15 Aug 2011 21:22

I think he is a quality player and would add depth to the squad, long season etc.

More likely we add one / two centre backs (although the big lad from Swindon looked decent pre season) and a leigertwood style midfielder otherwise we are too dependent upon him.

Interesting re farming out, we haven't done that with the Eastleigh guy but have with bignall - is that indicative we'd consider an offer on one but want to develop the other?

Bennno

tomrfcurz
Hob Nob Regular

by tomrfcurz » 15 Aug 2011 21:34

Situation with Brett Williams seems very odd to me. Reading are clearly so fixed on developing him from basically nothing to a first team striker i.e. Doyle, Long etc etc. But the lad's 26 for God's sake! Development doesn't happen easily at that age and it seems very strange you wouldn't send him out to somewhere between his level and ours. Clearly i don't know how good he really is but Jonny Fordham said he was anonymous in the preseason games he played for the 'Reading XI' team. By the sounds of it i'd much rather be relying on someone like Le Fondre than Williams

TedBundy89

by TedBundy89 » 15 Aug 2011 22:15

tomrfcurz Situation with Brett Williams seems very odd to me. Reading are clearly so fixed on developing him from basically nothing to a first team striker i.e. Doyle, Long etc etc. But the lad's 26 for God's sake! Development doesn't happen easily at that age and it seems very strange you wouldn't send him out to somewhere between his level and ours. Clearly i don't know how good he really is but Jonny Fordham said he was anonymous in the preseason games he played for the 'Reading XI' team. By the sounds of it i'd much rather be relying on someone like Le Fondre than Williams

Williams is 23.

Cypry

by Cypry » 15 Aug 2011 22:28

tomrfcurz Situation with Brett Williams seems very odd to me. Reading are clearly so fixed on developing him from basically nothing to a first team striker i.e. Doyle, Long etc etc. But the lad's 26 for God's sake! Development doesn't happen easily at that age and it seems very strange you wouldn't send him out to somewhere between his level and ours. Clearly i don't know how good he really is but Jonny Fordham said he was anonymous in the preseason games he played for the 'Reading XI' team. By the sounds of it i'd much rather be relying on someone like Le Fondre than Williams

Got to remember he was playing in most of those games with a mix of kids and trialists - never gonna get a lot of chances as a striker in those circumstances - give him a 'proper' reserves game at Farnborough and he scores 3 - struck me that he's the kind of player who gets himself in the right place, and can finish, but needs chances to be created for him....

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 15 Aug 2011 23:03

TedBundy89

Williams is 23.

Still a strange one. He is unlikely to get near the team with Hunt, Church, Manset and HRK in his way. 3 of those guys are younger than him. We can help him develop all we want over the next couple of years, but it will be an absolutely phenomenal effort to get him pushing for the first team. You'd expect HRK, Church and Manset to develop more quickly with first team football at a higher level. I don't imagine we'll be selling any of them in the next couple of years either, unless they do exceptionally well.

I expect to see him have a few half decent loan spells in League 2 before spending the rest of his career at the lower levels.

pea
Hob Nob Regular

by pea » 15 Aug 2011 23:30

Le Fondre is weird, literally does f*ck all when he's not scoring, but at the same time he always seems to pop up and put the ball away. Really not Championship quality though and I think he'd be found out at this level and then completely ineffective. However, if McDermott and his staff reckon he is good enough to poach goals at this level then I trust that and you can't complain as long as he scores.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 16 Aug 2011 01:10

Don't be daft that is way beyond our budget.

roadrunner
Hob Nob Regular

by roadrunner » 16 Aug 2011 07:45

pea Le Fondre is weird, literally does f*ck all when he's not scoring, but at the same time he always seems to pop up and put the ball away. Really not Championship quality though and I think he'd be found out at this level and then completely ineffective. However, if McDermott and his staff reckon he is good enough to poach goals at this level then I trust that and you can't complain as long as he scores.

Curo #2.

I'd still like a player like that in our squad. Kevin Philips made a career out of doing next to fck all but he was always in the right place at the right time, and he still is at 39.

pea
Hob Nob Regular

by pea » 16 Aug 2011 08:23

True

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 16 Aug 2011 08:29

FTR, 26 is not over the hill.

:!:

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 16 Aug 2011 10:19

in fact hes still getting to his peak

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 17 Aug 2011 10:20

scored again last night

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 17 Aug 2011 10:54

Someone actually has to want to take the player on loan though, and we're only likely to send him out if he's going to get the right training and play a lot of minutes.

Keeping him at Reading means he gets exactly the training we think he needs in order to make the most of what McDermott has seen in him. With the likes of Bignall we've already moulded him, he just needs first team experience to try and smooth off the edges of what we've created.

KEBEISTHEGREATEST

by KEBEISTHEGREATEST » 17 Aug 2011 16:44

We are tracking Adam Le Fondre... £500k bid coming up.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 17 Aug 2011 16:46

source?

484 posts