THE positive thread...

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: THE positive thread...

by Franchise FC » 31 May 2011 17:31

DOYLERSAROYALER
Forbury Lion Ticket prices are unlikely to increase.
Additional revenue from the playoffs will help fill any budget holes

...you'd have liked to have thought so..

..problem with Reading is that all their transfer activity always has a bottom line of "undisclosed"...so when we sell players, we will never know how much, potentially, there is to spend on new players...is that Madejskis way of hiding it from the fans or HMRC...i wonder

HMRC inspectors may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but do you honestly believe that stating "undisclosed" would be enough to lower the value on which the club pays VAT. :roll: :roll:

NR_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by NR_Royal » 31 May 2011 17:37

Church to score 20+ next season maybe?

I can see him improving without all of the attention on Long, much like Long under Doyle.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 31 May 2011 17:39

NR_Royal Church to score 20+ next season maybe?

I can see him improving without all of the attention on Long, much like Long under Doyle.

I fancy we may be seeing an as yet unnamed player playing in Long's position next season.

Elm Park Old Boy

by Elm Park Old Boy » 31 May 2011 20:03

Reasons to be cheerful:
    -four more games for the price of the season ticket
    -likely to win more of them
    -trip to Brighton
    -trip to W Ham
    -chance of another cup run
    -chance for some of our promising young 'uns to come through
    -chance of another play-off final (honestly, despite the pain, that game is the kind of thing football -should be all about, not scratching around to finish 17th
    -playing in a league where you don't know who the top four are going to be before a ball's been kicked
    -McDermott not being poached by a 'bigger' club because someone noticed he got promoted
    -Madejski unable to sell to foreign oligarch who's never even heard of the town

Maquisard

by Maquisard » 31 May 2011 20:13

lots of +1s to the positivity on here.

I couldn't stop supporting RFC if I tried (and why would I want to) - I had a great time yesterday (first time at the new Wemberlee) and I'm not that fussed that we didn't win (much). The Championship is a much more exciting place to be, with no foregone conclusions about who will be top or bottom. Just a shame we won't be playing QPR, as they're right down the road from me - but maybe in the Cup? Role on next season, whatever it may bring.

firstdivision

by firstdivision » 31 May 2011 20:29

Elm Park Old Boy Reasons to be cheerful:
    -trip to Brighton
    -trip to W Ham
    -chance of another play-off final (honestly, despite the pain, that game is the kind of thing football -should be all about, not scratching around to finish 17th
    -playing in a league where you don't know who the top four are going to be before a ball's been kicked
    -McDermott not being poached by a 'bigger' club because someone noticed he got promoted

Add to that
-ability to get a mate a ticket to come to the match to follow Reading
-no glory hunters
-Club in the hands of a local man with best interest of the Town/Club at heart

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 31 May 2011 22:08

NR_Royal Church to score 20+ next season maybe?

At the end of last season I said suggested that Church would get 20 goals this season. :oops: Chose the wrong one as I suspect many others would have if asked to pick between the 2... Maybe 2012 could be HIS year to come good in a big way.

Tutti Frutti

by Tutti Frutti » 31 May 2011 23:02

firstdivision
Elm Park Old Boy Reasons to be cheerful:
    -trip to Brighton
    -trip to W Ham

Add to that
-ability to get a mate a ticket to come to the match to follow Reading
-no glory hunters
-Club in the hands of a local man with best interest of the Town/Club at heart

+1 to all that. Too many people ignore that last point. Not too many folk think Carson Yeung would have been the right choice now, do they? Mad may not have the liquid cash he once had, but he's a good guy, who stewards the club in the way a chairman should.

3 veesinarow
Hob Nob Regular

by 3 veesinarow » 31 May 2011 23:09

Arch Two years in the Premiership, two automatic promotions, two playoff finals, two playoff semi-finals, a Championship 7th and two ninths. Not a bad eleven years for Reading fans, and long may it continue.

This to infinity...coupled with the Cup runs to two quarter-finals with all those wins against Prem opponents, especially ON Merseyside. If you're the likes of Floyd Streete after all that, you are NEVER going to enjoy life, never mind supporting this club. We could just finish mid-table season after season after season - now THAT would be depressing, wrist-slitters.

Roll on next season.

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 01 Jun 2011 08:49

It's just a simple decision we all have to make.

Do you support a team when they're doing well, or do you support a team unconditionally, regardless of how they're doing?

mr_number
Hob Nob Regular

by mr_number » 01 Jun 2011 08:59

I think the worst thing now is that we can't continue all the momentum we've built up in the first half of this year... We'll have to do it all over again in August. This summer is going to take ages to pass.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 01 Jun 2011 09:01

mr_number This summer is going to take ages to pass.

You could always pass the time by making goodbye cards for all the players who will be leaving to make way for all our up-and-coming stars.

leicsRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by leicsRoyal » 01 Jun 2011 09:24

We've got some great fixtures to look forward to next season. Not a local Derby as such, but a couple of London clubs and some nice games on the South Coast.

Ok, we aren't looking out for the Chelsea's and Man Uniteds but Swansea's most local game is WBA! :shock: