The Repercussions

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

Re: The Repercussions

by Wycombe Royal » 01 Jun 2011 12:06

Royal Lady Bit unfair to say Long let us down on Monday. :| He didn't exactly get much service and he was still running around all over the shop trying to win us the ball. I wish him good luck wherever he goes.

He had his one big chance at the end of the first half and could have given us a lift going in at half time, but he fluffed it. Didn't get another sniff after that.

super darren caskey
Hob Nob Regular

by super darren caskey » 01 Jun 2011 12:11

Dont go jimmy :cry:

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 01 Jun 2011 12:14

Wycombe Royal
Royal Lady Bit unfair to say Long let us down on Monday. :| He didn't exactly get much service and he was still running around all over the shop trying to win us the ball. I wish him good luck wherever he goes.

He had his one big chance at the end of the first half and could have given us a lift going in at half time, but he fluffed it. Didn't get another sniff after that.

Jeez, and what about the 25 goals he DID score?

Mackail Smith missed two glorious chances in his PO final, then had a naff shot deflected in.

Strikers miss. It happens.

Without Shane we'd never have made the top half, never mind the top six
and without Shane we'd've lost in Cardiff and not got to Wembley.

The kid works his socks off for RFC and is kicked to death most games. If he goes, (after equaling Doyles' 55 goals in 20 games less)
he should go with our blessing and thanks, and we then hope we can get another great servant

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 01 Jun 2011 12:15

Wycombe Royal

And laid on a goal for Karacan who failed to score
just like Hunt "failed" to score.

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 01 Jun 2011 12:21

Snowball
Wycombe Royal

Jeez, and what about the 25 goals he DID score?

Mackail Smith missed two glorious chances in his PO final, then had a naff shot deflected in.

Strikers miss. It happens.

Without Shane we'd never have made the top half, never mind the top six
and without Shane we'd've lost in Cardiff and not got to Wembley.

The kid works his socks off for RFC and is kicked to death most games. If he goes, (after equaling Doyles' 55 goals in 20 games less)
he should go with our blessing and thanks, and we then hope we can get another great servant

Of course all that's true. I'm greatly thankful to him for his massive part in a largely enjoyable and successful season.

Doesn't change the fact that he just didn't get into the game on monday. Never found much space, never tested the keeper. Didn't get any protection from the ref, which clearly didn't help.

Tails
Hob Nob Regular

by Tails » 01 Jun 2011 12:28

I reckon we could afford to lose a keeper and Kebe without necessarily needing a substantial re-investment. Long will need a significant replacement. I reckon we'll invest about half what we receive for him [about £1.5m/2m].

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 01 Jun 2011 12:34

Part of our problem this season is that the team has practically picked itself. There are very few players who would've been looking over their shoulder at the next guy in line for his shirt thinking 'I better pull out a performance today or I'm dropped'.

It's all well and good bringing the youngsters through but I think we need investment in key areas even if we don't have to replace a few who leave.

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 01 Jun 2011 12:37

Whilst the Chairman may feel the way he does and in the interview ...he'd hve been best keeping those thoughts to himself.

..it just reeks of lack of ambition when a chairman makes statements like he has, irrespective if what he is saying are the cold hard facts.

..it not a way of motivating the club, the management and all who play for the club ...and its certainly not going to help keeping talented players who want to play for the club in the Premiership, nor is it in attracting new players to the club, when the chairman openly says in effect...thank god we didnt win on Monday.....

imho...before i get my throat stamped on by the hardcore chairman lovers!!!

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 01 Jun 2011 12:38

Hoop Blah Part of our problem this season is that the team has practically picked itself. There are very few players who would've been looking over their shoulder at the next guy in line for his shirt thinking 'I better pull out a performance today or I'm dropped'.

It's all well and good bringing the youngsters through but I think we need investment in key areas even if we don't have to replace a few who leave.

...agree Hoop Blah...looked at that bench of Monday and there was no cutting edge or anyone that could come on and make that difference ...beyond the first XI, its pretty weak looking

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 01 Jun 2011 12:46

DOYLERSAROYALER Whilst the Chairman may feel the way he does and in the interview ...he'd hve been best keeping those thoughts to himself.

..it just reeks of lack of ambition when a chairman makes statements like he has, irrespective if what he is saying are the cold hard facts.

..it not a way of motivating the club, the management and all who play for the club ...and its certainly not going to help keeping talented players who want to play for the club in the Premiership, nor is it in attracting new players to the club, when the chairman openly says in effect...thank god we didnt win on Monday.....

Yes, but for years he's tended to shoot his mouth off in embarrassing ways when a journalist gets him alone. This is just another one of those interviews.
Just never forget that what SJM says to the press and what happens with the people who run the club on a day-to-day basis are two completely different things.

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 01 Jun 2011 12:49

Svlad Cjelli
DOYLERSAROYALER Whilst the Chairman may feel the way he does and in the interview ...he'd hve been best keeping those thoughts to himself.

Yes, but for years he's tended to shoot his mouth off in embarrassing ways when a journalist gets him alone. This is just another one of those interviews.
Just never forget that what SJM says to the press and what happens with the people who run the club on a day-to-day basis are two completely different things.

well heres hoping Svlad....here's hoping

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 01 Jun 2011 12:52

Indeed.

I seriously think the only people who will hate that SJM interview more than you are the people in the club.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 01 Jun 2011 13:21

Schards#2 I would be horrified at losing Karacan as we don't NEED to sell and he wouldn't commend a huge fee.
Agreed

Shane Long indicated he wanted to go a year ago, If Karacan wants to leave then I'd accept losing him in a years time.

Obviously, As with the Gylfi situation, If the club have a money hole and an offer comes in that's too good to be turned down it should be considered.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 01 Jun 2011 13:27

Hoop Blah Part of our problem this season is that the team has practically picked itself. There are very few players who would've been looking over their shoulder at the next guy in line for his shirt thinking 'I better pull out a performance today or I'm dropped'.

Cummings and Morrison will press for a place, Ditto McCarthy if Feds stays.
Tabb is always ready if Karacan has a bad run. HRK is improving and might
well be a decent player next year. Manset may look decent and it's going to be
interesting to see if Brett Williams works out.

Taylor-Obita-D'ath?

I'm guessing Howard will go, so we will need a ball-playing goal-scoring midfielder

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 01 Jun 2011 13:43

What makes you so sure that Morrison will be pushing for a place?

As you say, Tabb is always ready to fill in, but it's just that filling in because we all know that when they've been fit Karacan and Leigertwood have been automatic starters. I remember a discussion on here about the 106 team being similar but I think the gap between first 11 and backup this year has been wider.

Moving forward things might change a bit, if only because we'll be losing a few of those automatic selections.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 01 Jun 2011 13:45

Will Tabb be suspended for the first 3 games of next season?

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 01 Jun 2011 13:47

Schards#2 Will Tabb be suspended for the first 3 games of next season?

He'll certainly be suspended. I would have thought it would be for one game only.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 01 Jun 2011 14:16

RobRoyal

He'll certainly be suspended. I would have thought it would be for one game only.

Straight red though?

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 01 Jun 2011 14:24

Snowball

Cummings and Morrison will press for a place, Ditto McCarthy if Feds stays.
Tabb is always ready if Karacan has a bad run. HRK is improving and might
well be a decent player next year. Manset may look decent and it's going to be
interesting to see if Brett Williams works out.

Taylor-Obita-D'ath?

To this day still cant understand the decision made by BM to replace McCarthy with Federici -

McCarthy had more than proved himself and I though BMs approach was if someone has the shirt and playing well, then they keep it?? somehow I think that decision worked against Reading as the defence had to re-work their communications and the results werent as good as when McCarthy had the shirt..

also for a young keeper who excelled whilst in goal, it wouldnt have helped his confidence to be dropped for no real reason, other than arrogant Aussie wants his shirt back...not good...again this is all imho !!!!

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 01 Jun 2011 15:11

Royal Lady
RobRoyal

Straight red though?

I was under the impression you only got longer than a 1-match ban for a red card if it was violent conduct or somesuch (or if it wasn't your first red of the season).