Ingimarsson? What's he like?

facaldaqui
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Ingimarsson? What's he like?

by facaldaqui » 14 Jun 2011 13:15

Could Ivar have stayed if he wanted? It seems to me that if, as Brian said, he wanted regular football, I don't see why he's more likely to get it at Ipswich than here: same level. Better wages there, though, I should think.

I said occasionally here that I thought Ivar did well for us this season, but I didn't press the point because of the general criticism of him going on. I think we played worse after he was dropped after Nottingham Forest. He was occasionally caught out, but so were all the defence.

bassavage

by bassavage » 14 Jun 2011 13:35

I would have liked Ivar to have stayed. I still think he can do a job at this level, I don't think he is a first team starter but he is one I think we prehaps should have tried a bit harder in keeping. Especially after keeping hold of Gunnarsson, I think Ivar would have had more chances of playing than Brynjar.

Good luck to him though, probably one of the best places he can go. Jewell likes his experienced centre halves and mentioned about how important De Vos, De Zeeuw and Jackson were at Wigan when he was there, all who played a lot of games. I just think with the likes of Pearce and Morrison, 2 good CBs individually, playing the two together may be a bit of a mistake. We don't want a repeat of the start of the 09/10 season when Rodgers based his defence around the "new John Terry".

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 14 Jun 2011 15:19

I rate him ITFC. A good acquisition by you.

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 16 Jun 2011 07:44

Ingimasson may have lost some pace but a good signing by Ipswich Town.

He has a lot of knowledge about defensive play that he can pass on to others