No
41%

Total votes: 99
Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Time to drop Federici

by Snowball » 21 Aug 2011 12:28

I voted No, but

I expect us to lose at Charlton (dearly want to be wrong)

but if McArthy has a blinder (esp commanding the area) then YES we should give him a chance.

I DO think the back four is a bigger problem, and said in the Leicester thread that I expect us to leak goals
for the first 5-10 games... but a commanding keeper who claims more crosses would surely have saved many of the goals we've conceded

pea
Hob Nob Regular

by pea » 21 Aug 2011 15:41

I dont dislike Federici but I am getting really frustrated that he isn't coming out to claim any crosses these days, if he actually ventures off his goal line once in a while my Yes vote might change to No (but I prefer McCarthy in general).

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 28 Aug 2011 12:41

Another sloppy goal conceded yesterday

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 28 Aug 2011 12:44

Big Foot Another sloppy goal conceded yesterday

Drop Him!!!

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 28 Aug 2011 15:59

Time to drop the defenders that leave us horribly exposed to the oppositions attack.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 28 Aug 2011 16:01

sandman Time to drop the defenders that leave us horribly exposed to the oppositions attack.

This.

Utter morons calling for feds to be dropped for a keeper who played poorly on tuesday night. Lets just drop our whole team as they aren't creating or scoring enough and they aren't defending well, just mistakes all over.

Time to drop team thread please.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 28 Aug 2011 16:18

We've dropped Khumalo, and by all accounts Gorkss is much better. I think one of Harte or Griffin should go to be replaced by Mills or Cummings to add pace to the back line and give us more of a threat going forward. Hopefully that will sort out the defence.

Having said that, I think Feds has been pretty shaky this season, much more so than he's been previously. He has a reputation as one of the better goalkeepers in the league, and for good reason, but I hope his form improves soon. McCarthy doesn't look like the Messiah to me, but he was unfortunate to lose his place last season and I think he might be worth another go if Feds makes any more errors in the next few games.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 28 Aug 2011 17:03

FiNeRaIn
sandman Time to drop the defenders that leave us horribly exposed to the oppositions attack.

This.

Utter morons calling for feds to be dropped for a keeper who played poorly on tuesday night. Lets just drop our whole team as they aren't creating or scoring enough and they aren't defending well, just mistakes all over.

Time to drop team thread please.

Not time to drop Fed just yet, as people say, get the defence in order first, which means at least one of Harte & Griffin out if not both. However, anyone saying McCarthy was poor on Tuesday is just plain wrong. He was excellent first half without a doubt and he had a defence in front of him playing worse than any Fed has had so far this season.

royalsroyalsroyals92

by royalsroyalsroyals92 » 28 Aug 2011 17:25

Dont understand need to drop feds.
Makes fantastic saves which i never saw AMc make last season, and is often names as a match winner for us in the press and on BBC Berks.
i like them both, but i believe feds is still better, therefore I'm voting no

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 28 Aug 2011 17:27

Not quite sure what McCarthy did to be dropped in the first place. If i was him, i would be putting in a transfer request for the sake of his career. Federici's error strewn performances do not justify him being picked.

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 11 Sep 2011 17:40

after offering federici some constructive criticism the other week and some encouragement i noticed today he has blocked me on twitter. nothing offensive was said, just highlighted that he needed to come for crosses and take control of his area, and in the face of that he has blocked me. dear me.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 11 Sep 2011 17:45

Friday's Legacy after offering federici some constructive criticism the other week and some encouragement i noticed today he has blocked me on twitter. nothing offensive was said, just highlighted that he needed to come for crosses and take control of his area, and in the face of that he has blocked me. dear me.

I'm not sure criticism from a fan direct to him is particular constructive...

Want to see the goals a couple more times, not sure whether he was slow to the freekick, or could have come for the second, but he didn't do a lot wrong in that game otherwise and he certainly threw the ball out a decent amount to vary his distribution.

Still prefer McCarthy, but Feds gets another 4 games minimum for me.

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 11 Sep 2011 19:48

Ian Royal
Friday's Legacy after offering federici some constructive criticism the other week and some encouragement i noticed today he has blocked me on twitter. nothing offensive was said, just highlighted that he needed to come for crosses and take control of his area, and in the face of that he has blocked me. dear me.

I'm not sure criticism from a fan direct to him is particular constructive...

Want to see the goals a couple more times, not sure whether he was slow to the freekick, or could have come for the second, but he didn't do a lot wrong in that game otherwise and he certainly threw the ball out a decent amount to vary his distribution.

Still prefer McCarthy, but Feds gets another 4 games minimum for me.

it was no more than "you've got to start coming for crosses" and "you've got to command your area". apparently he has closed his account. i imagine a lot worse was said and he doesn't have broad enough shoulders to hear it, though some people do take things to far on there.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 11 Sep 2011 19:58

After what you said on a different thread about the internet not real life, then you go criticise a player on an internet account. Have to kinda wonder why anyone would do that and think it would help the guy.

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 11 Sep 2011 20:23

Harpers So Solid Crew After what you said on a different thread about the internet not real life, then you go criticise a player on an internet account. Have to kinda wonder why anyone would do that and think it would help the guy.

there's a clear difference from getting the hump and reacting aggressively to a username/anonymous person on a football forum and offering constructive criticism to a professional footballer on his public twitter account. twitter isn't there just to kiss some celebrity's arse; as long as you're polite there is nothing wrong with offering polite criticism. however, for him to have closed his account he has clearly had a lot worse and probably from the same ill minded children we have on here.

Pablo

by Pablo » 11 Sep 2011 20:28

Not time to drop him. He has not made many errors but the team has not been defending very well all together. Give him more time.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 11 Sep 2011 20:31

I'm sure he needs words of wisdom via twitter to highlight areas to improve on....

You wonder why the clubs needs to employ coaches and a manager really. This could be the way save a few more quid next year!

fester_royal

by fester_royal » 11 Sep 2011 20:38

paultheroyal Not again!

We have far worse positions to worry about other than the keeper.

Feds is obviously this years fall guy!

My sentiments exactly! Anyone who watched yesterdays shambles saw our inability to do anything on the pitch well . Feds kept it a respectable loss if anything

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 11 Sep 2011 22:55

Friday's Legacy
Harpers So Solid Crew After what you said on a different thread about the internet not real life, then you go criticise a player on an internet account. Have to kinda wonder why anyone would do that and think it would help the guy.

there's a clear difference from getting the hump and reacting aggressively to a username/anonymous person on a football forum and offering constructive criticism to a professional footballer on his public twitter account. twitter isn't there just to kiss some celebrity's arse; as long as you're polite there is nothing wrong with offering polite criticism. however, for him to have closed his account he has clearly had a lot worse and probably from the same ill minded children we have on here.

Yeah, but you're a no mark with no footballing pedigree, so it's not really appropriate to wade in to his twitter feed telling him, as a professional, how to do his job.

I'd get offended (and do) if some no mark gobshite tried to tell me how to do my job.

I know you didn't say anything abusive, or mean any harm, but exactly what good did you think would come out of it? Federici have some sort of epiphany, smack his forehead and say "Now why didn't Brian or Sal suggest that! I'll get on it right away!"

Just because you can now say something to anyone direct thanks to facebook and twitter, doesn't mean you should.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 11 Sep 2011 23:00

Ian Royal Yeah, but you're a no mark with no footballing pedigree, so it's not really appropriate to wade in to his twitter feed telling him, as a professional, how to do his job.

I'd get offended (and do) if some no mark gobshite tried to tell me how to do my job.

I know you didn't say anything abusive, or mean any harm, but exactly what good did you think would come out of it? Federici have some sort of epiphany, smack his forehead and say "Now why didn't Brian or Sal suggest that! I'll get on it right away!"

Just because you can now say something to anyone direct thanks to facebook and twitter, doesn't mean you should.

lmao fully agreed with this post.