Back from the game - Hull (A)

double d

Re: Back from the game - Hull (A)

by double d » 29 Aug 2011 01:13

Its so easy to blame people, spesh keepers, when you watch a football game, but believe me it is hard to get those ones. Nearly as bad as the ones where everybody leaves a free kick and it just goes in the bottom corner. He was deffo not at fault, if the lad meant it, fair play to him, it was spot on and just the right height to get it out of reach, but it deffo was not Feds fault (think Seamon/Ronald Inho and wc 2002, in my opinion that was not Seamans fault. was much the same thing, obv Seamon did not expect R to have a shot and he had maybe 2 seconds to get back into position... its not easy). If there was any blame to be put on I would say the defender for not being close enough to Brady, but you cannot blame a goalkeeper for that.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 29 Aug 2011 08:32

Woodcote Royal After 3 signings in a week you must be revelling in his pain :mrgreen:

And that would be 3 signings from a club in the Prem that didn't want him, a 3rd choice left back from a Championship side and a league 2 striker. Compare with Franklin, Joseph and Gordon from 1987/88.

redscot

by redscot » 29 Aug 2011 11:16

And RFC win next week and all the players are 'legends' again or simply immense...

If only RFC played next week....

dogzbollox

by dogzbollox » 29 Aug 2011 11:30

redscot
And RFC win next week and all the players are 'legends' again or simply immense...

If only RFC played next week....

It would be one way of winning.......... no opposition

pea
Hob Nob Regular

by pea » 29 Aug 2011 12:36

Looked like a shot to me

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 29 Aug 2011 14:12

Looked like a cross to me. Yes, there's Seaman (and Bonetti and a few others) but when did you ever see Schmeicel or Banks let in a shot/cross like that? When my knees went I played in goal for a few seasons and it was exactly the sort of shot I'd let in...

I'm not a Fed basher but he ain't world class that's all.

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 29 Aug 2011 14:17

Terminal Boardom
Woodcote Royal After 3 signings in a week you must be revelling in his pain :mrgreen:

And that would be 3 signings from a club in the Prem that didn't want him, a 3rd choice left back from a Championship side and a league 2 striker. Compare with Franklin, Joseph and Gordon from 1987/88.

A masterclass in taking situations out of context.

The one that "A club in the Prem didn't want" played 42 games in a title winning side last year. If you read QPR forums after we signed him, they were disappointed, with some suggesting he is better than remaining options.

The "3rd choice left back from a Championship side" was 1st choice for Doncaster last season until picking up his injury, and is only 21.

The "League 2 striker" has an utterly prolific record. How were we to sign a prolific Championship striker? They move to the Premiership if they have a prolific record at this level. So, you can sign a mediocre Championship player and take your chances on him upping his game, or sign a prolific lower league striker and take your chances on him stepping up to the plater.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 29 Aug 2011 14:20

Man Friday Looked like a cross to me. Yes, there's Seaman (and Bonetti and a few others) but when did you ever see Schmeicel or Banks let in a shot/cross like that? When my knees went I played in goal for a few seasons and it was exactly the sort of shot I'd let in...

:lol:
Of course he isn't! He's playing for us in the Championship!

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 29 Aug 2011 14:41

Man Friday Looked like a cross to me. Yes, there's Seaman (and Bonetti and a few others) but when did you ever see Schmeicel or Banks let in a shot/cross like that? When my knees went I played in goal for a few seasons and it was exactly the sort of shot I'd let in...

If he was world class he wouldn't be playing for Reading! Did you see every game Banks play throughout his career? I'm sure he made plenty off mistakes all keepers do even Schmeical.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 29 Aug 2011 15:15

Ian Royal

:lol:
Of course he isn't! He's playing for us in the Championship!

+1

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 29 Aug 2011 15:16

ive been away. did we win?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 29 Aug 2011 15:23

brendywendy ive been away. did we win?

Yes. 27-0. Bit of a disappointing result as Kebe just missed out on his hatrick of hatricks because Church fell over in front of his last shot and got a ricochet in off his arse for his first of the season.
Kebe 8, HRK 4, Manset 7, McAnuff 2, Church 1, Hunt 3, Gorkss 2

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 29 Aug 2011 15:24

awesome. i knew wed be alright this season you big bunch of gays.

Garry Baldy

by Garry Baldy » 29 Aug 2011 17:46

Our MOM was Alex Pearce . He had a terrific match .

For all those who weren't there , I'm sorry to disappoint you , but Fedders wasn't far behind . His handling was superb in atrocious conditions , he stood up to the physical approach of McLean and Fryatt and he made excellent saves when called upon . I can't be sure if he made a mistake for the goal since it was at the other end of the ground , but if it was his error then it was the only one he made , which is more than can be said for the rest of the team .

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 29 Aug 2011 18:26

Garry Baldy Our MOM was Alex Pearce . He had a terrific match .

For all those who weren't there , I'm sorry to disappoint you , but Fedders wasn't far behind . His handling was superb in atrocious conditions , he stood up to the physical approach of McLean and Fryatt and he made excellent saves when called upon . I can't be sure if he made a mistake for the goal since it was at the other end of the ground , but if it was his error then it was the only one he made , which is more than can be said for the rest of the team .

Cheers, good to hear Pearce played well and Feds was improved.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 29 Aug 2011 19:27

Seen it and it can't go down as keeper error, Harte was shocking as usual at closing the man down. Seemed like a cross to me

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 29 Aug 2011 19:50

Just seen my first goal of the season (or rather, Hull's). Definitely a cross, just one of those things really.

Sounds like another flat start to the season. Sure we'll gel soon.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 29 Aug 2011 20:31

brendywendy awesome. i knew wed be alright this season you big bunch of gays.

Homophobe.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 29 Aug 2011 20:35

Jackson Corner

If he was world class he wouldn't be playing for Reading!

Agreed. I was just saying it was a mistake, that's all. Listen, I rate Feds and, as you say, if he was much better he wouldn't be playing for us! I agree that he's entitled to a mistake. But it was a mistake.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 29 Aug 2011 20:36

Man Friday
brendywendy awesome. i knew wed be alright this season you big bunch of gays.

Homophobe.

i like the gays though.