Retirement from HNA

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

Retirement from HNA

by BR2 » 07 Sep 2011 14:07

It was about 12 years ago when my very good friend (aka Tazewell Royal)suggested that this Hob Nob thing would be right up my street and so the addiction began and I blame him completely.
Having been an avid fanzine reader and occasional contributor and living away from the area the idea of having the sort of conversations that you might have in a pub or going to away games to do with sport in general and RFC in particular was quite appealing.
I would not say that all the hours spent posting and reading have been totally pointless but now that I am of an age when I could retire from work It is the right time to hang up my keyboard both as BR and as Victor Meldrew.

Often people leave the board in some hissy fit but the revelation came to me that the fun has gone from here and people are so terribly intense and serious and the board seems to be dominated by people like Bandini (not just him) doing his best to sound superior in any topics under the sun (to use a Peter Cook and Dudley Moore expression a "pseud" where papereyes also occasionally qualifies) and brendy with stuff that I have tried to but just can't follow.

My journey started because of a (irrational) dislike of Pardew and there were some very enjoyable and heated discussions with the likes of my old adversary Hampshire Royal who eventually gave up stalking me to concentrate on further populating the world.Ironically many of the Pardew fans became like lovers scorned when he left them in the lurch and cleared off to West Ham.

Along the way there have been acquaintancies arising because of HNA such as Royal Yank,Harper's ,Sun Tzu and Dr H and posters who at times share some similar views expressed courteously such as Floyd,Hoop Blah and Pearcey.
There have been others where there has been differing but healthy interaction such as cmonurz,RR,MrA , vision and even NFA and The Manc Dog and latterly snowball.
Schards and RL were at times kindred spirits other than in the political arena where there was an affinity with Lux and a few others.
Then of course there is spacey-I suppose every board has one and to whom I say adieu rather than au revoir (never mind spacey if you don't know the difference).

Our common theme is the health and success of RFC and having indoctrinated my son,daughter and grandchildren as Biscuitpersons and Royals (how I dislike that name, being far from a royalist) I feel that I have done my bit financially for the club including paying out £100 or so for my son to be a mascot for a 2-2 draw v Plymouth in front of about 2,500 people on a rainy winter's day way back when.
Relative to personal wealth I have probably contributed more than our chairman to RFC and relatively more to charity but so far no knighthood ,however I would obviously decline the offer if it came.

So good luck and health to you all and to RFC and my reason for posting this under "Team" is because that is where I have spent most of my time.
Also I have done this as a topic because people will know that I have gone but not died (yet) and wouldn't want the "whatever happened to so-and-so"? as is the case with many posters of old.
Having never had the greeting of f*** off newbie I'll give myself a f*** off oldie.

Bacon Double Cheese
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Lincoln, the home of quality football and Peterborough which isn't

Re: Retirement from HNA

by Bacon Double Cheese » 07 Sep 2011 14:13

Shame to see you leaving in droves like that. See you around Southbourne sometime I hope.

All the best post HNA?
BDC (Mrs)

zummerset

by zummerset » 07 Sep 2011 14:16

Sad news Victor - I would have thought now you have more time on your hands that HNA would be of more use? Still plenty of time to come out of retirement guns blazing in the future....

roadrunner
Hob Nob Regular

by roadrunner » 07 Sep 2011 14:20

Sad to see you go m8. You will be back, you know it deep down.

Enjoy your retirement.

Hampshire Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Hampshire Royal » 07 Sep 2011 14:25

What do you mean you're going to leave?? There's no need. I too have become a little urined off with people who take football too seriously - cos it's not serious at all. You can have heated discussions on things you basically disagee about withou it becoming all consuming.

As far as me populating the world, I've only fathered six children (which means I've only done it six times) but since you say stuff like that and then scurry away to some hidey hole, that will just remain said but not discussed. I'm sorry, but that's just typical of you!! :wink:

donface
Hob Nob Regular
Location: doing favours for some guys who look like tusken raiders

by donface » 07 Sep 2011 14:29

I give it a week.

who are ya?
Hob Nob Regular

by who are ya? » 07 Sep 2011 14:33

I give it till somebody slags off Steven Gerrard in the LOLiverpooLOL thread.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 07 Sep 2011 14:35

You don't get to retire HNA, HNA retires you.

Hiram K Hackenbacker

by Hiram K Hackenbacker » 07 Sep 2011 14:36

I agree

who are ya?
Hob Nob Regular

by who are ya? » 07 Sep 2011 14:39

Hiram K Hackenbacker I agree

Phuck sake, I really tried not to laugh when I saw the username this time :!:

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 07 Sep 2011 14:46

sad times.

and LOL @
brendy with stuff that I have tried to but just can't follow.

well, at least i aint a fcuking pseud.
god i hate those fcuking pseuds

johnnym

by johnnym » 07 Sep 2011 14:46

Laterz BR...I enjoyed our spats over McGhoo vs Pardew

I think Pardew has prolly done a bit better for himself and so I win. :D

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 07 Sep 2011 14:59

You are certainly hitting the nail on the head with regards to the seriousness of HNA? The fun has gone and I wonder if much of that is to the success of the club in romping away with the Championship and 2 seasons in the spotlight. There is way too much silliness on here with the two STG / RTG factions.

Anyway, all the best for your retirement from here. One day I will do the same. But not yet. My love of football is back and I am enjoying every minute.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 07 Sep 2011 14:59

If you come back in the future (and I doubt you will be able to keep away for very long) you might get the f*ck off newbie you have always yearned for.

In the meantime, and particularly as I don't think I get a mention as friend or foe or even pain in the rear, a very heart felt f*ck off oldie.

zummerset

by zummerset » 07 Sep 2011 15:04

Terminal Boardom You are certainly hitting the nail on the head with regards to the seriousness of HNA? The fun has gone

Isn't that because the team mongs don't contribute to AE on the whole - which tends to be the more interesting element of HNA IMHO.

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 07 Sep 2011 15:19

with a measly post count like that i wouldn't call it 'retiring'.

Pseud O'Nym
Hob Nob Regular

by Pseud O'Nym » 07 Sep 2011 15:27

brendywendy well, at least i aint a fcuking pseud.

Et tu Brendy!

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 07 Sep 2011 15:44

BR2?

Nobody important so couldn't give a fcuk

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 07 Sep 2011 15:54

Sorry to see you go Vic. When you do eventually marry Jessica Ennis, please invite me to the wedding. :mrgreen:

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 07 Sep 2011 16:41

Pseud O'Nym
brendywendy well, at least i aint a fcuking pseud.

Et tu Brendy!

despite your name, you aint one.