Best RFC pitch invasions of our time

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Best RFC pitch invasions of our time

by Royal With Cheese » 20 Sep 2011 20:44

Who could forget (unless you were as pissed as I was) the 2-2 draw at Watford - coming from 2-0 down and Gilkesy personally told me to get of the fcuking pitch.

Winnershroyal

by Winnershroyal » 20 Sep 2011 21:06

Royal With Cheese Who could forget (unless you were as pissed as I was) the 2-2 draw at Watford - coming from 2-0 down and Gilkesy personally told me to get of the fcuking pitch.

I don't think we have it in us to pitch invade now, some tutting and the odd boo is about the lot.

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 20 Sep 2011 21:27

Royal Lady I stood my ground though.

:lol:

who are ya?
Hob Nob Regular

by who are ya? » 20 Sep 2011 21:28

Have we got the minerals for one these days :?: And I don't mean your bog standard, let on by the stewards at full time to celebr8 winning the league sort either. Good old fashioned, congreg8 by the side of the pitch, just try and stop me kind of shit

Mintymurray

by Mintymurray » 20 Sep 2011 22:09

Grimsby away. 22 years ago. I recall it was me and no one else. Got slapped by old bill and pushed into the away end. We lost 2 0 if I recall. The zimmer would slow me down now.

bobbybottler
Hob Nob Regular

by bobbybottler » 20 Sep 2011 23:22

Royal With Cheese Who could forget (unless you were as pissed as I was) the 2-2 draw at Watford - coming from 2-0 down and Gilkesy personally told me to get of the fcuking pitch.

You must have literally been within a couple of yards of me, I always assumed he was talking to me.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 21 Sep 2011 01:36

bobbybottler

You must have literally been within a couple of yards of me, I always assumed he was talking to me.

All these years I thought it was me! Mega turn out that day we seemed to fill that whole bottom tier.

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 21 Sep 2011 07:59

St Pauli
floyd__streete
1996/97 - Reading 1-6 Palace, Quinn Out. After he had apparently offered out Dariusz Wdowczyk in training a week or two before. Uri Gellar attempted to placate us via a megaphone :lol:

That was my first ever game, but I'd been taken by a local councillor with my brother and a few kids from the local youth club, so missed the pitch invasion. :lol:

It was a delayed reaction pitch invasion. The ground was pretty empty, and I was on my way out of the Southbank, via the Tilehurst End about 5 mins after the end of the game when I saw solitary figure bounding across the pitch and sitting down on the centre circle. Within seconds hundreds more followed and we then moved over to the tunnel. During Madejski's tannoy address, a couple of Palace fans appeared in block A, shouted "6-1" and scarpered. Mad John continued his speech ignoring the 3 or 4 people who'd left the crowd to give chase. Gr8 stuff.

Seal
Hob Nob Regular

by Seal » 21 Sep 2011 10:30

I got in the paper after the Port Vale pitch invasion "venting my fury" on the pitch according the the Evening Post.

I was also part of one of the smallest pitch invasions I can remember: me and my brother, Swindon v Reading at the County Ground in what must have been 2000/1 season. 0-1 away win for the Royals and when we scored we both went on the pitch to celebrate. I was quickly accosted by stewards and police, spat at by Swindon fans as we went past the home end of the ground, and chucked in the back of a van.

When we got to the Police station, the Sergent said: "for fcuks sake, I am sick and fcuking tired of Reading fans today". They let me out in time to grab the last train home of the night. £40 fine plus a ban from the County Ground.

Not my finest hour, but I was only 20 odd so put it down to youthful enthusiasm :oops:

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 21 Sep 2011 13:21

OOh I also remember being at Barry Town in the FA Cup I think it was and their knuckle dragging fans running towards us. I was made to run that time though! LOLz

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 21 Sep 2011 13:26

Jackson Corner
bobbybottler

All these years I thought it was me! Mega turn out that day we seemed to fill that whole bottom tier.

Yes - managed to hug Archie before being hauled off.

It's all I can do to fit through the turnstiles nowadays mind.

I do vaguely remember being holed up in a pub near the station/cop shop besieged by Watford fans after the game. Quite scary.

General B
Hob Nob Regular

by General B » 21 Sep 2011 14:54

Royal With Cheese
I do vaguely remember being holed up in a pub near the station/cop shop besieged by Watford fans after the game. Quite scary.

I seem to remember there was quite a lot of bother that day. Some mates of mine who stayed on in Watford long after the bigger boys had gone home got the shit kicked out of them later in the evening.

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 21 Sep 2011 17:15

General B
Royal With Cheese

I seem to remember there was quite a lot of bother that day. Some mates of mine who stayed on in Watford long after the bigger boys had gone home got the shit kicked out of them later in the evening.

The police tried to keep us in by wrapping some "do not cross" tape across the open exit from the Rous Stand into Vicarage Road. The 3 or 4 coppers stood in front pushing people back as hundreds more Royals piled up in front of them. Eventually there was a roar from the back of the crowd and a surge forward. The police disappeared and Reading fans burst out into the street. I think some of the Watford fans walking past interpreted this as a charge at them and responded by landing a few punches on those at the front. Unhappily, it escalated from there.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 21 Sep 2011 18:01

I remember the 2-2 draw and the fire alarms going off in the concourses over and over. Also the interminable walk through the allotments.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MykRtnPs-P8

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 21 Sep 2011 18:04

^ LOL @ the goals in that game, absolute mince goalkeeping from PeROFLROFLy Digweed.....and worse still from Shaka :( .

A nice hearty URZ URZ URZ URZ after our goals too. What do we get now? Ea-say, or how sh*t must you be? :roll:

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 21 Sep 2011 18:49

floyd__streete ^ LOL @ the goals in that game, absolute mince goalkeeping from PeROFLROFLy Digweed.....and worse still from Shaka :( .

A nice hearty URZ URZ URZ URZ after our goals too. What do we get now? Ea-say, or how sh*t must you be? :roll:

Massive LOL at Lee Nogan's thrash at thin air before falling on his arse.

Those were the days when Reading's support would consist of lads on the piss. Not women, children and gheys.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 22 Sep 2011 08:44

Jerry St Clair
floyd__streete ^ LOL @ the goals in that game, absolute mince goalkeeping from PeROFLROFLy Digweed.....and worse still from Shaka :( .

Those were the days when Reading's support would consist of lads on the piss. Not women, children and gheys.

*cough cough* I was supporting Reading at that time.....

roadrunner
Hob Nob Regular

by roadrunner » 22 Sep 2011 09:06

Jerry St Clair

It's a different game and different match day experience now, and a lot less fun!

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 22 Sep 2011 09:35

the most random one had to be after the Brentford promotion decider in 02, that occured at the Mad Stad :lol:

Few thousand in the ground watching it on the big screen in the East Stand then streaming onto the pitch after the full time whistle :D

Hugo Boss
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Hugo Boss » 22 Sep 2011 10:07

ALOL @ Running on the pitch after watching a game on the box!! :lol:

I say ALOL, I mean a massive :| .