Best RFC pitch invasions of our time

M-U-R-T-Y
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Best RFC pitch invasions of our time

by M-U-R-T-Y » 22 Sep 2011 11:49

Already mentioned :roll:

M-U-R-T-Y Most bizarre:

Brentford 1-1 Reading 01/02

In the Mad Stad after watching us go up on the big screens.

Pitch invasion with 3 empty stands, one half empty following pitch invasion, running around with no-one to congratulate :lol:

who are ya?
Hob Nob Regular

by who are ya? » 22 Sep 2011 12:01

That's like watching a game in your living room then running around the lawn in the back garden at full time. Massively gay.

I say this as I was partying on the terrace behind the goal at Griffin Park 8)

M-U-R-T-Y
Hob Nob Regular

by M-U-R-T-Y » 22 Sep 2011 12:04

To be fair at the time I couldn't give a monkey's how stupid it looked.

who are ya?
Hob Nob Regular

by who are ya? » 22 Sep 2011 12:29

Did you run over to the south stand shouting come and join us :?:

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 22 Sep 2011 12:57

Hugo Boss ALOL @ Running on the pitch after watching a game on the box!! :lol:

I say ALOL, I mean a massive :| .

I have a variation on that theme. When watching a televised 2-2 draw with Derby in a pub in West London having attended a wedding the previous day I celebrated Shane Long's equaliser by running up to the big screen, as if they players were going to somehow pull me into the television, Take On Me style :|

mx

by mx » 22 Sep 2011 17:46

LUX H v Crewe 75/76.

Awesome.

That was my first ever pitch invasion!

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 22 Sep 2011 19:27

floyd__streete
Hugo Boss ALOL @ Running on the pitch after watching a game on the box!! :lol:

I say ALOL, I mean a massive :| .

I have a variation on that theme. When watching a televised 2-2 draw with Derby in a pub in West London having attended a wedding the previous day I celebrated Shane Long's equaliser by running up to the big screen, as if they players were going to somehow pull me into the television, Take On Me style :|

That's as good as you running down the stairs at Brammel Lane and realising you're in the top tier when you get to the bottom.

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 22 Sep 2011 19:54

mx
LUX H v Crewe 75/76.

Awesome.

That was my first ever pitch invasion!

Me too !!! And still have the Evening Post pictures to prove it.

As well as doing all the Elm Park ones already mentioned in this thread, I also did the last home game 82/83 when we beat Wrexham.
Thought we had stayed up, but went down due to a late goal elsewhere. Having the tannoy tell you that rather than staying up we had been relegated, sort of cleared the pitch a bit sharpish :(

Also went over the Southbank wall last home game of 77/78. York. Midweek game. About 2000 crowd...and about 30 went on the pitch.

Coventry Simod Cup semi final took a bit of beating, although took me ages (from back of the Southbank) to get on the pitch.

All good memories

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 22 Sep 2011 20:01

General B 1994 - Bournemouth 2-1 Reading - for pretty much the entire match.

The one that I first thought of when I saw the thread title. Quinn scored his 40th of the season that night I believe. I am sure they gave us 2 stands that night as well. I was a young whipersnapper just behind the goal!

LOL @ the fan that ran on and finished off Gilkes long range shot on goal meaning the goal was obviously disallowed.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 22 Sep 2011 20:17

grey_squirrel Best pitch invasion at Elm Park during the game was by Portsmouth knuckle-draggers in 1976.

They took the Southbank before kick off and after hundreds of them invaded the pitch (after going 2-0 down) caused havoc in the Tilehurst End.

Remember Hetzke standing his ground and casually watching them as they buzzed around him on the pitch.

Div 3?
Yep, My invasion of choice too.

As a mere spotty 14 year old, I had never been threatened with such physical violence by so many people old enough to be my dad before.

A wall collapsed in the Northstand...and a Reading fan was left in a coma IIRC

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 22 Sep 2011 20:32

Jerry St Clair Those were the days when Reading's support would consist of lads on the piss. Not women, children and gheys.

I'm struggling not to use the term "proper" as it gets the likes of Ian Royal in a tizz.

oldebiscuit

by oldebiscuit » 22 Sep 2011 22:43

FiNeRaIn I was onthe pitch for the 0-0 with cambridge as well, steward says " im not stopping you lads"...so we all piled over and ran on to voice disgust at madejski.

Well, well, well,. Would you believe it? That invasion was an embarrassment to all associated with the Club. I remember it well. It was totally un-called for, it was just an excuse for a handfull of morons to have their 'moment of glory' (ironic) on the pitch. This achieved nothing, except provoking a chorus of 'oxf*rd' from the disgusted majority, and a needless fine for the Club.
Anyone involved that day was just a pathetic child, or perhaps an inadequate with a mental age of perhaps about 13. To admit you were there is at best cringe time, and to actually be proud of it is astounding. It tells us a lot.

M-U-R-T-Y
Hob Nob Regular

by M-U-R-T-Y » 23 Sep 2011 09:46

who are ya? Did you run over to the south stand shouting come and join us :?:

No m8. There were no away fans.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 23 Sep 2011 10:44

oldebiscuit
FiNeRaIn I was onthe pitch for the 0-0 with cambridge as well, steward says " im not stopping you lads"...so we all piled over and ran on to voice disgust at madejski.

Well, well, well,. Would you believe it? That invasion was an embarrassment to all associated with the Club. I remember it well. It was totally un-called for, it was just an excuse for a handfull of morons to have their 'moment of glory' (ironic) on the pitch. This achieved nothing, except provoking a chorus of 'oxf*rd' from the disgusted majority, and a needless fine for the Club.
Anyone involved that day was just a pathetic child, or perhaps an inadequate with a mental age of perhaps about 13. To admit you were there is at best cringe time, and to actually be proud of it is astounding. It tells us a lot.

Get over yourself you bitter old fool, you only ever come out of the woodwork to attack the usual suspects on here. You are a complete idiot.
We were utter garbage at that point and enough was enough. The point was made and we actually improved afterwards. What I didn't like about the invasion was the fans going over to the cambridge fans to have a pop at them, completely needless and stupid.

It was over 11 years ago in a corwd of less than 7,00 on a no win in 8 streak. You could argue the fans there that day were true fans. Did you even go?

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 23 Sep 2011 14:19

There was a good little pitch invasion at Walsall away. The game Keith Jones scored a perfectly good 'disallowed' goal.

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 23 Sep 2011 14:28

No Fixed Abode There was a good little pitch invasion at Walsall away. The game Keith Jones scored a perfectly good 'disallowed' goal.

Without googling, anyone care to name the referee for that game for a nerd-point?

leicsRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by leicsRoyal » 23 Sep 2011 14:34

T.R.O.L.I.
No Fixed Abode There was a good little pitch invasion at Walsall away. The game Keith Jones scored a perfectly good 'disallowed' goal.

Without googling, anyone care to name the referee for that game for a nerd-point?

It was either Webb or Bennett, not sure which.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 23 Sep 2011 15:38

T.R.O.L.I.

God I remember that game. The ref was the absolute pits to the point where you might just begin to wonder whether he'd got contacts in the Far East!

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 23 Sep 2011 15:41

oldebiscuit

Well, well, well,. Would you believe it? That invasion was an embarrassment to all associated with the Club. I remember it well. It was totally un-called for, it was just an excuse for a handfull of morons to have their 'moment of glory' (ironic) on the pitch.

In your opinion. And I'm not sure how you can so categorically state it was an embarrassment to all associated with the club. Furthermore, if it bruised someone's ego a little bit IMO that wasn't a bad thing.

bloody Volvo driver

by bloody Volvo driver » 23 Sep 2011 16:01

leicsRoyal
T.R.O.L.I.

It was either Webb or Bennett, not sure which.

95% sure it was a) Webb and b) either his first ever professional appointment or more likely his first ever tier 3 game which I remembering thinking at the time strange as it was a real top of the table 6 pointer.

He was dog awful that day, as bad a homer as I can recall. Thought at the time, another ref going absolutely nowhere. Little was I to know.