Cedric Baseya

418 posts
cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Cedric Baseya

by cmonurz » 21 Sep 2011 13:12

Can someone define the level at which we can start to make a fuss about finances?

NR_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by NR_Royal » 21 Sep 2011 13:14

He will never play for us.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 21 Sep 2011 13:35

Svlad Cjelli But the point is that none of us knows anything until they see him - he may create chances for other strikers to put away. But the scouts & BMc will have spoken to other managers about him, and also seen video etc. Also, he was at Crewe with Simon Church so he maybe recommended him.

He might be crap - but nothing ventured nothing gained.....

I can see it now....

BM: Oi Churchy, you know of any strikers you have come across when on loan who could do a job for us?
SC: Suyre, there was this brute of a bloke at Crewe
BM: Was he a handful?
SC He was 6'4" and makes Sonks look anoerexic
BM: Might just have to get him then
SC (Thinks): If that lump comes here at least he will be behind me in the pecking order. Now, where's my agent? I am sure he told me that Arsene Wenger was interested...

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 21 Sep 2011 13:39

1 year contract no big deal really

Welcome Ced

roadrunner
Hob Nob Regular

by roadrunner » 21 Sep 2011 13:42

loyalroyal4life 1 year contract no big deal really

Welcome Ced

'greed, and if we do think something of him we can choose to extend for a further 12 months. I don't see the big fuss really. Cheap signing, might work out, might not. Not really going to send us into meltdown while we give the boy a chance.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 21 Sep 2011 13:44

roadrunner
loyalroyal4life 1 year contract no big deal really

Welcome Ced

'greed, and if we do think something of him we can choose to extend for a further 12 months. I don't see the big fuss really. Cheap signing, might work out, might not. Not really going to send us into meltdown while we give the boy a chance.

It will do if you believe the random ramblings from Finerain

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 21 Sep 2011 13:49

Squad number 27, awaiting international clearance as well as ratification from the FA. Able to sign as is out of contract.

ivarnell

by ivarnell » 21 Sep 2011 13:49

strange one Lille squad no.12! perhaps he has a great agent who we owed a favour to.

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 21 Sep 2011 13:54

Hoop Blah To be fair, I think most of the criticism* is not that he's a bad player but that we've got plenty of options upfront already and it just seems that we're collecting cheap forwards as gambles. I'm not sure the scatter-gun approach is working that well for us but I'm not rubbishing the player himself.

This^

Surely our squad must be one of the biggest in the league If we had less players wouldn't we be able to keep a decent smaller number of proven players?

Z175
Hob Nob Regular

by Z175 » 21 Sep 2011 13:59

I don't understand all the panic over his wages. He was unemployed and given his record has probably gambled short term pain to try and get a decent career in football. 2-3k a week as suggested would not bankrupt us, but given this is what we offered sonko I would suggest its way out. 500 quid a week with massive appearance and goal bonuses perhaps. If he's ok we'll pay him properly in 12 months. Nothing to lose signing

Remember Hunt is injury prone and getting on. Church might get sold if ge cones good, so Alf and Manset will need some support, between this guy and Williams we might get a squad striker that we need in a couple if years, he's probably better than bignal...

RepressedRoyal

by RepressedRoyal » 21 Sep 2011 14:02

It reminds me of my dear old Dad when he goes to LIDLS or ALDI. He buys something like a pot yeast extract (imitation marmite) for 5p and it stays in his cupboard for a year without being used before he finally realises it is not fit for purpoose and chucks it away. Pointless signing one suspects.

Sir Dodger Royal
Location: Cyberspace - pulling the strings. You know it makes sense.

by Sir Dodger Royal » 21 Sep 2011 14:03

Interesting that Donut has known about him for a long time. He must be the only professional striker who does not have a video showing a goal he has scored. Bloody facts are he hasn't scored any. Donut is losing the plot along with all connected with RFC.

Real Factssssssssss

manny96

by manny96 » 21 Sep 2011 14:04

If he were Long's replacement, I'd get the anger. Otherwise, chilldogs. Also, Mooney got a goal against Blackburn last night. Even if Cedric doesn't get a minute of gametime in the league, we can probably shift him at a profit with a bit of good PR.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 21 Sep 2011 14:10

I am all for giving someone a chance but I have to say this is the oddest signing I can ever recall RFC making.

However, when we signed Long for £20K most people thought it would be a waste of money - so who knows. Let us at least give the guy a chance.

What is remarkable is how much our squad has grown over the years.

At the end of 2005/6 when we gained promotion we had a first team squad of 18 and 25 players in total with squad numbers.

After this signing we have a first team squad of around 26 with 46 players with squad numbers.

When we talk about black holes every season, I guess that having a squad nearly double in size now must play some part.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 21 Sep 2011 14:11

Can't he be done under the Trades Description Act?

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 21 Sep 2011 14:12

andrew1957 I am all for giving someone a chance but I have to say this is the oddest signing I can ever recall RFC making.

However, when we signed Long for £20K most people thought it would be a waste of money - so who knows. Let us at least give the guy a chance.

At the end of 2005/6 when we gained promotion we had a first team squad of 18 and 25 players in total with squad numbers.

After this signing we have a first team squad of around 26 with 46 players with squad numbers.

When we talk about black holes every season, I guess that having a squad nearly double in size now must play some part.

Everyone should be given a chance, but not surely someone with a name like Cedric?

The Rouge
Hob Nob Regular

by The Rouge » 21 Sep 2011 14:14

He needs support, not the Cedric Sneer..

The Rouge
Hob Nob Regular

by The Rouge » 21 Sep 2011 14:14

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 21 Sep 2011 14:24

Tredder
Pepe the Horseman

Just missing a board and his name.

:lol:

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 21 Sep 2011 14:32

andrew1957 I am all for giving someone a chance but I have to say this is the oddest signing I can ever recall RFC making.

I'm not sure what you're counting as a first team squad of 18 but I'd say it was more like 24/25 who were in danger of being involved in a match day squad in 04/05. We had a few youngsters to add to that number like Osano and a couple of loanee's over the year that were on the fringes (Obinna and Baradji).

The comparable number right now is probably, give or take, just the same but we certainly seem to have a larger squad because we give out squad numbers to all and sundry these days. We seem to give 1 and 2 year deals to more of the youngsters and cheap punts like Williams, B and this new fella are more common and get a squad number straight away. I'm not sure if the likes of Vasilev and Ilugsson were giving squad numbers when we signed them back in those days but they probably would be if we signed them today.

418 posts