Karacan

muddyfeet
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Karacan

by muddyfeet » 03 Oct 2011 11:04

so does everyone think he still shouldnt be starting?

If you still hate Futcher

by If you still hate Futcher » 03 Oct 2011 11:15

Yes - well me at least

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 03 Oct 2011 11:24

I think there'#s not much to choose between him and Karacan, except that Tabb is better going forward and supporting the attack than Karacan is. On that basis I'm happy with Tabb, in lieu of having any other half-competent attacking midfielder.

by If you still hate Futcher » 03 Oct 2011 11:39

On form this season I would have Karacan in over Leigertwood - I think the only reason he hasn't been dropped is because of his build compared to Jem

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 03 Oct 2011 11:42

that leaves us horrificaly short, and lightweight in the middle though

by If you still hate Futcher » 03 Oct 2011 12:00

Agree - hence he's only playing cos he's that bit bigger than Karacan (and is the equivalent of two Tabbs)

We do need another central midfielder of at least similar build and quality cos otherwise Legs knows his starting place is safe.

Either that or we go all Barcelona and fill the team with short arse midfielders and just keep the ball for 90 mins, only giving it back to the other team to kick off after each goal. I know I know - but I can dream can't I

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 03 Oct 2011 13:22

Karacan is a headless chicken. Runs about alot but doesn't add any quality to the team. Needs to improve on the technical side of his game.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 03 Oct 2011 13:59

No Fixed Abode Karacan is a headless chicken. Runs about alot but doesn't add any quality to the team. Needs to improve on the technical side of his game.

thats basically ourour midfield all over, just that leigertwood runs about less

by If you still hate Futcher » 03 Oct 2011 14:43

No Fixed Abode Karacan is a headless chicken. Runs about alot but doesn't add any quality to the team. Needs to improve on the technical side of his game.

We obviously have polarised views - you see headless chicken, I see energy and enthusiasm. I also think he does add to the team, helps to push us up the field and links with and supports the wingers and forwards.

Z175
Hob Nob Regular

by Z175 » 03 Oct 2011 14:51

He reacted badly to being subbed off for Cummings v Watford, so Brian felt Tabb deserved his shout and the teams not lost. The fact that the about to be loaned out Howard got on the bench ahead of Karacan shows the extend of McDermotts displeasure.

For me Karacan was ok under Coppell but dreadful when Brian brought him in and constantly gave the ball away. Yet thats why Brians the boss, Karacans matured into a lovely little player, mopping up, keeping it simple, the odd run and invention but mostly ticks it over. For me he was no worse than the others v Watford, its just that the box to box 442 needs Long to harry and chase, so Karacans a victim of the end of Brian's "team Long" just as Tabb and Howard were sacrificed as "team Sig" ended.

I think he'll be back soon and betetr for it. Harte and Karacan back for me.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 03 Oct 2011 15:13

like tabb, like jem

but tabbs in the unbeaten team, so he stays, and jem has to work hard and bide his time

by If you still hate Futcher » 03 Oct 2011 15:46

Z175 He reacted badly to being subbed off for Cummings v Watford, so Brian felt Tabb deserved his shout and the teams not lost. The fact that the about to be loaned out Howard got on the bench ahead of Karacan shows the extend of McDermotts displeasure.

For me Karacan was ok under Coppell but dreadful when Brian brought him in and constantly gave the ball away. Yet thats why Brians the boss, Karacans matured into a lovely little player, mopping up, keeping it simple, the odd run and invention but mostly ticks it over. For me he was no worse than the others v Watford, its just that the box to box 442 needs Long to harry and chase, so Karacans a victim of the end of Brian's "team Long" just as Tabb and Howard were sacrificed as "team Sig" ended.

I think he'll be back soon and betetr for it. Harte and Karacan back for me.

Agree with you completely about Karacan but I thought that against Watford we only had 1 CM trying to turn things around and it wasn't Legs. Given that, I can fully understand Karacan being upset about being taken off. I personally didn't see his reaction, other than looking upward when he saw his number but McD is fully entitled to deal with him as he sees fit.

For Harte, he seems to have totally forgotten how to defend over the summer and loses his positioning which last year (apart from some notable exceptions) would dig him out of a hole.

URZZ
Hob Nob Regular

by URZZ » 03 Oct 2011 17:06

No Fixed Abode Tabb is a headless chicken. Runs about alot but doesn't add any quality to the team. Needs to improve on the technical side of his game.

Corrected for you.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 04 Oct 2011 08:13

I think last season was his best in a Reading shirt, really improved his game, needs to add a few more goals though. I think its a little mental break Brian has given him, because so far this season he has not been the same player.

moonwalklikebas

by moonwalklikebas » 04 Oct 2011 09:14

I am a huge fan of Tabb, For someone of his size he wins 80-90% of headers in the middle of the park. His passing is simple, neat and accurate and he doesnt mind doing the dirty work. With Karacan the only thing your getting it energy and ruthlessness to the cause . Which dont get me wrong isnt a bad thing, its a great thing but it needs to be paired with other things e.g a great pass, a long shot, the ability to make space and unfortunatley for Jem he lacks nearly all three in most games. Stick with Tabb for now, IMO ledge has to be gone, we need to bring in an attacking creative CM to partner the more defensive minded Tabb (who is yet to score in 57 apps)

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 04 Oct 2011 09:23

moonwalklikebas I am a huge fan of Tabb, For someone of his size he wins 80-90% of headers in the middle of the park. His passing is simple, neat and accurate and he doesn't mind doing the dirty work. With Karacan the only thing your getting it energy and ruthlessness to the cause . Which dint get me wrong isnt a bad thing, its a great thing but it needs to be paired with other things e.g a great pass, a long shot, the ability to make space and unfortunatley for Jem he lacks nearly all three in most games. Stick with Tabb for now, IMO ledge has to be gone, we need to bring in an attacking creative CM to partner the more defensive minded Tabb (who is yet to score in 57 apps)

Yes, agree with all of that, and also think that as well as putting himself around a lot in midfield Tabb is the best central attacking midfield option we have - one of the big and effective changes at Bristol was him going forward behind the front two.

I think partly that he suffers from Harper-Syndrome - because he just gets on with the dirty jobs in midfield quietly and undramatically, some people tend not to see what he actually does and the shift he puts in. Certainly I';be never seen him give us less than 100% and total commitment.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 04 Oct 2011 09:59

Svlad Cjelli I think partly that he suffers from Harper-Syndrome - because he just gets on with the dirty jobs in midfield quietly and undramatically, some people tend not to see what he actually does and the shift he puts in. Certainly I';be never seen him give us less than 100% and total commitment.

Unfortuntely the obvious things like very poor ball control and 50% of his passes not reaching one of our players is what everyone notices.

We have a central midfield that is great at winning the ball and breaking up opposition attacks but who then just give the ball straight back to the opposition. Until we can get an good creative passer into that midfield we are going to struggle to dominate games. We just rely on our wingers and any team that has done their homework on us will know that if they stop our wing play then they stop us playing.
Last edited by Wycombe Royal on 04 Oct 2011 13:12, edited 1 time in total.

Elmer Park

by Elmer Park » 04 Oct 2011 13:11

Svlad Cjelli as well as putting himself around a lot in midfield Tabb is the best central attacking midfield option we have - one of the big and effective changes at Bristol was him going forward behind the front two.

Not really seen much evidence of Tabb's attacking contribution in many games tbh.

Svlad Cjelli I think partly that he suffers from Harper-Syndrome - because he just gets on with the dirty jobs in midfield quietly and undramatically, some people tend not to see what he actually does and the shift he puts in. Certainly I've never seen him give us less than 100% and total commitment.

Agree with this. He disrupts the opposition and picks up loose balls but a lot of fans don't appreciate this side of the game.

Wycombe Royal Unfortuntely the obvious things like very poor ball control and 50% of his passes not reaching one of our players is what everyone notices.

Harsh.

Wycombe Royal We just rely on our wingers and any team that has done their homework on us will know that if they stop our wing play then they stop us playing.

Spot on. That has been really noticeable in more than one of our games this season. As many have said at some point we will have to find a central midfielder who can offer more creativity and an alternative focus to our attacks.

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular

by Svlad Cjelli » 04 Oct 2011 13:36

Elmer Park
Svlad Cjelli as well as putting himself around a lot in midfield Tabb is the best central attacking midfield option we have - one of the big and effective changes at Bristol was him going forward behind the front two.

Not really seen much evidence of Tabb's attacking contribution in many games tbh.

Just the last couple of matches ... but note I used present tense when I said he's the best we have. We do have a glaring shortage of a central attacking midfielder.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 04 Oct 2011 14:34

we either play with two very attacking wingers and 2 DM, or 1winger and an attacking CM imo.and jobi will do if thats required.or else we can get over run