NO LONGER A RUMOUR - Karl Sheppard

441 posts
FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: The Lord is Our Sheppard

by FiNeRaIn » 12 Jan 2012 17:11

West Stand Man
FiNeRaIn no slagging off at all, I am happy with this signing. Low risk, random youngster,etc hasn't eaten so must be hungry,etc

Just wondering who we are bringing in as an immediate proven partner for alfie.

A striker who has played Europa League football this season, maybe?

So proven = appearing a few times in the europa league(piece of piss to qualify for, especially for them) even though you are in a conference standard domestic league? :roll:

Unbelievable.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 12 Jan 2012 17:21

melonhead didnt we sign a czech and malian intl in 2008 jan?

Kebe, as a £400k gamble from the French second division was another cheap gamble. To call him a Malian international is a bit of a laugh too, he couldn't even get in their side then or still now.

I know we were short on right wingers but he was very unlikely to be a strengthening signing at the time. An opinion that was proven absolutely correct.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 12 Jan 2012 17:25

If he'd scored that goal against Everton in his first game we wouldn't have been relegated :(

That's all it's been from Kebe, one massive disappointment, always nearly there

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 12 Jan 2012 17:26

FiNeRaIn
West Stand Man
FiNeRaIn no slagging off at all, I am happy with this signing. Low risk, random youngster,etc hasn't eaten so must be hungry,etc

Just wondering who we are bringing in as an immediate proven partner for alfie.

A striker who has played Europa League football this season, maybe?

So proven = appearing a few times in the europa league(piece of piss to qualify for, especially for them) even though you are in a conference standard domestic league? :roll:

Unbelievable.

Although I know you're just here on a wind-up, I have to ask ... who would be "proven"? Because I bet Leciester fans rejoiced when they heard the "proven" Matt Mills was coming - with a price tag refelcting just how "proven" he was.

Or would things be a lot better if Sheppard had cost us £1M?

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 12 Jan 2012 17:44

You are surprisingly mute on the earlier debate. I also forgot to add fae, henry and cox transfer deals in there. I'll accept your revoking of the made up 25 million you posted and accept the apology of accusing me of doing just that.

Proven would be someone with experience of playing at the level of which you find yourself or higher. I am not against this signing, he could come good but he's an unknown quantity playing at a really low level and we need someone for NOW...not a work in progress like manset/williams/baseya,etc. You can't keep referring to the doyle/long scenario as the success rate is awfully low. Doyle we got great use out of..we got one season out of long and he was sold, so people talking about young and hungry players are the way to go are also talking a bit of shite as they equally end up wanting to move when someone bigger comes along anyway.

JoebyRFC

by JoebyRFC » 12 Jan 2012 17:56

good prosepct, will either do a shane long, or we will ruin his potential by having no creative cm to give him anything to feed off, as he tries to create chances off our wingers

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 12 Jan 2012 18:01

JoebyRFC or we will ruin his potential by having no creative cm to give him anything to feed off

nonsense, we have xavi and iniesta in the middle some would have you believe!

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 12 Jan 2012 18:13

FiNeRaIn
JoebyRFC or we will ruin his potential by having no creative cm to give him anything to feed off

Who would?

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 12 Jan 2012 18:20

FiNeRaIn

you must be up there with the worst posters on this forum. you rarely say anything worth reading. i say rarely, probably never, but i want to give you the benefit of the doubt. sometimes it's difficult to tell if you're on a wind up, or you just haven't got a clue about the club or football in general.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 12 Jan 2012 18:29

Svlad Cjelli You'd better, because your total is still a lot close to my figure than it is to yours.

Slip Shorey in and he is closer to his.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 12 Jan 2012 18:30

Harpers So Solid Crew
Svlad Cjelli You'd better, because your total is still a lot close to my figure than it is to yours.

Slip Shorey in and he is closer to his.

Big list incoming.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 12 Jan 2012 18:30

Friday's Legacy
FiNeRaIn

you must be up there with the worst posters on this forum. you rarely say anything worth reading. i say rarely, probably never, but i want to give you the benefit of the doubt. sometimes it's difficult to tell if you're on a wind up, or you just haven't got a clue about the club or football in general.

great post, really added to the thread ^

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 12 Jan 2012 18:42

Svlad Cjelli
Ah, that same old figure you keep using. Keep reciting it again and again - it still won't be the correct figure.

According to Soccerbase, Reading's transfers out have been :

2008/09 £5.5M
2009/10 £7.1M
2010/11 £6.0M
2011/12 £6.5M
TOTAL £25.1M

And this is all part of a progression - without selling Kitson & Doyle we'd never have been able to develop Long, and ditto with Sonko to Matt Mills.

But do keep reciting the £40M mantra if it makes you happy.

Cisse 500k
Matejovky 750k
Sigurdsson 7.5 Million
Doyle 6.5 Million
Long 6.5 Million
Matt Mills 5 Million ( Chance to rise to 5.5)
Nick Shorey 3.5 Million
Stephen hunt 3.5 Million
Dave Kitson 5.5 Million
Andrew Bikey 3 Million
James Henry 200k
Simon Cox 200k ( Add the Sign on WBA also)
Ibrahimo Sonko 2 Million
Emmerse Fae ( Debated transfer fee http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 87,00.html)
Greg Halford 3.5 Million (lmao)
Ben Hamer 200k
Seol Ky Hyeon ??

Still debating the 40 million, or are you going to claim that the media were all wrong regarding the transfer fee's hmm? I am aware these aren't 100% accurate, but they are a very close estimate.

The same media who report the amount we actually PAY to sign players also.

That is an absolutely ASTOUNDING amount of money for a club to make on transfers. If you could find me any clubs in the football league who come close please let me know, the same clubs who can unbelievable spend more than us still.

Yes, yawn yawn yawn...new debate yawn yawn yawn. Simply defending myself from the outrageous claims we only received 25 million according to soccerbase.
Last edited by FiNeRaIn on 12 Jan 2012 18:46, edited 2 times in total.

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 12 Jan 2012 18:42

You guys are all missing the big picture here. Surely every true Royal will be wistfully reflecting on the fact that this signing surely marks the end of the Brett Williams era at Reading. I'd like to take a moment to mark his great service to the club. I remember the day he signed as if it were only last year.

tlcs

by tlcs » 12 Jan 2012 19:36

Arch You guys are all missing the big picture here. Surely every true Royal will be wistfully reflecting on the fact that this signing surely marks the end of the Brett Williams era at Reading. I'd like to take a moment to mark his great service to the club. I remember the day he signed as if it were only last year.

Who the @uck is this Brett Williams ??

marcusopp

Re: NO LONGER A RUMOUR - Karl Sheppard

by marcusopp » 12 Jan 2012 19:37

Christ there are a lot of morons on here!

This guy is 20, and has europa league experience. The fact that other clubs in the division are after him, and that everton took him on suggests he's got something.
Everyone compares him to being the next Long or Doyle. He's himself, and probably doesn't want comparisons with other players.
This signing is great because it gives our forward line some competition, while providing cover on the right, almost like signing 2 players!
And we haven't paid a transfer fee (although he's below 24, so don't we have to pay compensation?)
I reckon this fella will do well, and hopefully put church back on the bench, where he belongs!
We've got a 50% record of signing real gems for little or no money. Happy days.
Get him fit and on the pitch I say!

Archies Left Foot
Location: Well it's something your mother can't abide, but it's something that I freely prescribe

by Archies Left Foot » 12 Jan 2012 19:49

Svlad Cjelli

That is an absolutely ASTOUNDING amount of money for a club to make on transfers. If you could find me any clubs in the football league who come close please let me know, the same clubs who can unbelievable spend more than us still.

Southampton ??

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 12 Jan 2012 19:52

FiNeRaIn Most of the players we've spent considerable money on came good.

Kitson
cureton
butler
harper
sidwell
lita
murty
gunnarrson
forster

to mention but a few. They far outweight the quality end product of the cheap signings we've brought in. But please cling to the belief that anyone we've spent decent money on ( for the level we were playing at) were all failures.

Don't talk piss. Thats a ludicrous and massively selective list.

Halford, Matejovsky, Fae & Rosenior were all failed big money signings
Lita, Convey, Duberry, Mills and Seol were all fairly limited success stories. With generally a maximum of one good season.

Cureton was a steal at his price. Kitson was cheap, I don't remember Sidwell costing a lot either. Murty spent about close to a year out injured but did turn out to be a great buy in the end..

who are ya?
Hob Nob Regular

Re: NO LONGER A RUMOUR - Karl Sheppard

by who are ya? » 12 Jan 2012 19:55

Curo and Butler, seeing their names together still gives me a little twinge

Those wert days

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 12 Jan 2012 20:01

Archies Left Foot
Svlad Cjelli

Southampton ??

How much are they at?

441 posts