Successful transfer window. Play-off push on!

167 posts
Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

Successful transfer window. Play-off push on!

by Friday's Legacy » 31 Jan 2012 16:27

considering it's been 100mph since the news broke of tsi's investment, i think this has been a very successful window for us, for once.

it's refreshing not looking over your shoulder wondering if we'll lose anyone, and the players that have come in are clearly better than what we have, so now we can kick on and give the play-offs a real go.

whereas a couple of weeks ago i'd have shrugged the idea of promotion off this season, now it's a genuine target for us.

5hrs 45mins for one more surprise perhaps.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Successful transfer window. Play-off push on!

by Gordons Cumming » 31 Jan 2012 16:33

I doubt it.

We never leave it this late.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 31 Jan 2012 16:43

Wasn't the Rosenior transfer a few years back made literally 5 mins before deadline?

Holding out for one last surprise here :P

V happy with our business this window regardless. A few weeks ago I'd have written us off as genuine contenders, all departments look stronger now, just hope the buzz about the place doesn't die off anytime soon

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

by Libertine » 31 Jan 2012 16:52

Wouldn't be gutted if this is it for this window, not precluding taking someone else in on loan when that window reopens. The team has been strengthened. But I wouldn't be surprised by one more move before this window closes...new regime and all. Maybe contingent on who gets transfered, between now and the end of the day, and therefore who is deemed unneeded at their current club. I am of the 65%-35% thinking we're done for this window tho...

edit for typo
Last edited by Libertine on 31 Jan 2012 17:04, edited 1 time in total.

rfc2001

by rfc2001 » 31 Jan 2012 17:02

I'm happy with the recruits, 2 of them are tried,tested and successful in this league. 2 promotions between them.

And for cywka no derby fan wanted him to leave and McD will look to turn him into a brilliant player. hopefully!

Summer is where will see real dynamic changes!

We were doing well without the recruits and the added exp can only benefit us

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

by Libertine » 31 Jan 2012 17:10

We got Sheppard, Cywka, Roberts, Connolly and, in essence as others have noted, Kebe (because he was well on his way out before TSI's involvement). No complaints...we got a young prospect, an attacking midfielder, a striker who has done well at this level, CB cover whom might be able to play LB and ensured we kept Kebe.

There is just something nagging at me that we aren't done for the day.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 31 Jan 2012 17:11

better to wait and sign loanees from next week

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 31 Jan 2012 17:16

Libertine We got Sheppard, Cywka, Roberts, Connolly and, in essence as others have noted, Kebe (because he was well on his way out before TSI's involvement). No complaints...we got a young prospect, an attacking midfielder, a striker who has done well at this level, CB cover whom might be able to play LB and ensured we kept Kebe.

There is just something nagging at me that we aren't done for the day.

indeed. i'm hoping we are after andrews. he's that creative goalscoring midfielder we could do with. we have cwyka, but to have both would be perfect. either way i'm very happy with this window. we're a lot stronger and there's a real buzz about the place again.

pea
Hob Nob Regular

by pea » 31 Jan 2012 17:17

Gordons Cumming I doubt it.

We never leave it this late.

I'm sure Howard was confirmed two days after deadline day one year...

moo
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by moo » 31 Jan 2012 17:21

Isnt this exciting

largetrousers
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by largetrousers » 31 Jan 2012 17:22

Call me greedy, but when we got wind of the new millionaire investors and money being made available for this transfer window, part of me had hopes that we'd spend some serious money on some serious match-winners, not to take anything away from what business we've done but in essence its some free transfers and loans with Kebe staying on top, so wages aside we've not spent any money. For a minute I got excited about the prospect of us being serious about looking at someone like Jordan Rhodes, since the announcement I kept checking the rumours forum and newsnow for snippets of who we are looking at....I know the window is yet to shut but in real terms thats it for us, there are no big signings coming in this window :(

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 31 Jan 2012 17:30

largetrousers Call me greedy, but when we got wind of the new millionaire investors and money being made available for this transfer window, part of me had hopes that we'd spend some serious money on some serious match-winners, not to take anything away from what business we've done but in essence its some free transfers and loans with Kebe staying on top, so wages aside we've not spent any money. For a minute I got excited about the prospect of us being serious about looking at someone like Jordan Rhodes, since the announcement I kept checking the rumours forum and newsnow for snippets of who we are looking at....I know the window is yet to shut but in real terms thats it for us, there are no big signings coming in this window :(

i agree with that but i think we also have to be fair, we achieved a lot in a short space of time. we moved for ridgewell and bridge, so our intentions were clear. this summer, whichever league we are in, promises to be exciting.

who are ya?
Hob Nob Regular

by who are ya? » 31 Jan 2012 17:31

The "new era" hasn't even properly started yet!

We've just had a transfer window without moaning and worrying about selling our important players, we've also gone and added four more to the squad that has already put us in with a shout.

Calm down dears, we'll be fine :!:

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict

by Libertine » 31 Jan 2012 17:31

Just saw this about 10 minutes ago on the Reading Post's transfer window live chat;

chrislepkowski: @tonydubberley Heard that rumour not long ago. Trying to get checked out but seemingly Reading bound last I read

Have no idea who he is talking about since when I tried to link to the tweet he cited the screen came up blank...prolly having to do with the fact I don't have a Twitter account. :wink:

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 31 Jan 2012 17:35

It#s about Keith Andrews

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 31 Jan 2012 17:37

Sky sports are apparently saying he's going to west brom now

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 31 Jan 2012 17:37

Libertine Just saw this about 10 minutes ago on the Reading Post's transfer window live chat;

chrislepkowski: @tonydubberley Heard that rumour not long ago. Trying to get checked out but seemingly Reading bound last I read

Have no idea who he is talking about since when I tried to link to the tweet he cited the screen came up blank...prolly having to do with the fact I don't have a Twitter account. :wink:

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict

by Libertine » 31 Jan 2012 17:40

So there might be one more move before the end of the day...or it could happen when the window reopens for loans.

Thanks for clarifying guys... 8)

dogzbollox

by dogzbollox » 31 Jan 2012 17:41

largetrousers Call me greedy, but when we got wind of the new millionaire investors and money being made available for this transfer window, part of me had hopes that we'd spend some serious money on some serious match-winners, not to take anything away from what business we've done but in essence its some free transfers and loans with Kebe staying on top, so wages aside we've not spent any money. For a minute I got excited about the prospect of us being serious about looking at someone like Jordan Rhodes, since the announcement I kept checking the rumours forum and newsnow for snippets of who we are looking at....I know the window is yet to shut but in real terms thats it for us, there are no big signings coming in this window :(

Totally agree but we have to remember that the money on the table at present is a token good faith payment. When the due diligence/fit & proper persons issue is cleared and the deal is signed sealed & delivered in March then I believe we will see some serious money for summer signings.

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 31 Jan 2012 17:45

a wba fan has responded hoping that andrews isn't on his way to them but has heard he is. another premiership club gazumping us if so.

167 posts