Mcdermott Signs New Contract

184 posts
The Rouge
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Mcdermott Signs New Contract

by The Rouge » 22 Feb 2012 20:05

pea
The Rouge Reading between the lines I would guess what was said was about AZ's ambition to be in the Premier League and potentially what he could do investment wise to get us there? Just a guess.

If rumours are to be believed it was that Anton would seriously reconsider purchasing the club if McDermott wasn't manager.

I don't believe that at all.

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 22 Feb 2012 20:08

The Rouge
pea
The Rouge Reading between the lines I would guess what was said was about AZ's ambition to be in the Premier League and potentially what he could do investment wise to get us there? Just a guess.

If rumours are to be believed it was that Anton would seriously reconsider purchasing the club if McDermott wasn't manager.

I don't believe that at all.

that was more nonsense. was that also fordham in the post? i think so.

managers come and go, that's football. i can't see mcdermott leaving the club resulting in tsi walking away. that just wouldn't make any sense at all.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 22 Feb 2012 20:35

Friday's Legacy that was more nonsense. was that also fordham in the post? i think so.

managers come and go, that's football. i can't see mcdermott leaving the club resulting in tsi walking away. that just wouldn't make any sense at all.

Moreover - what would happen if he got run over by a bus?

It sounded like a bit of positive spin to me.

Magnus

by Magnus » 22 Feb 2012 21:13

pea

:lol:

Bowman's Quiver

by Bowman's Quiver » 22 Feb 2012 21:22

I'm not quite sure I buy the Club's official line on the events of the last few days in it's entirety.

Listening to the interview Brian McDermott has with TalkSport it seems apparent that he has been through some decision making process. Just after the 4 minute mark he's asked about the problems AVB has had at Chelsea as a new manager and whether the grief he's had has at Stamford Bridge influenced Brian's decision to remain at club where he's loved.

McDermott denies that that was the case, that he has full confidence in his own ability and that "there are many, many reasons but that wasn't one of them"....

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/ ... ed-me-sign

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 22 Feb 2012 22:01

I'm getting serious bro-love vibes from Mcdermott and Anton

"He said some things to me, that will remain between him and me"

"...Just the two of us, we can make it if we try, just the two of us... you and I..."

"oh anton *sniff*, I could never leave you"

*ahem*

Carry on all.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 22 Feb 2012 22:05

My suspicions were first aroused (pun intended) when Brian stated how he and Anton were regularly texting.

Sounds like a regular teenage romance to me.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 22 Feb 2012 22:16

:oops:

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 22 Feb 2012 22:36

"On Monday last week he said something to be me that was very, very important and once he'd said that there was only one place for me to be and that was here. That will be something that remains between me and him."

i think he said "i love you".

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... lves-talks

facaldaqui
Hob Nob Regular

by facaldaqui » 22 Feb 2012 23:14

Uke Caption Comp time?

Brian finally co-signs hair-transplant agreement with Madejsky.

facaldaqui
Hob Nob Regular

by facaldaqui » 22 Feb 2012 23:22

Magnus Yeh hoo-bloody-ray.

What happens when the next managers vacancy comes up?

If he gets a decent offer to run a prem club in a less dicey predicament than Wolves, he'll go--we know that, and it's to be expected and understood. What is more likely to happen on a regular basis, if we don't go up, is that big clubs in this division will want him. And if he went to one of them, that would stick in the craw more, as it did when Pardew went to West Ham. But it happens all the time--some managers even go down a league to a bigger club, as the Scunthorpe bloke did when he went to Saints. Lets just hope McD can get us up this season, because that's probably the only way we'll keep him.

On the other hand, despite that, the Reading way might continue, as it has under Pardew, Coppell, and McD (not, for some reason, under Rodgers, who tried to change the zippy-winger/defensive-midfield style). There might be other people in the club who can keep the present successful ethos going--a sort of Reading boot-room dynasty.
Last edited by facaldaqui on 22 Feb 2012 23:26, edited 2 times in total.

The Rouge
Hob Nob Regular

by The Rouge » 22 Feb 2012 23:25

Like a geek I have listened to the whole 16 minute press conference now and I believe their version of events in that there was just a polite enquiry from Wolves (as he was on a shortlist). The only thing that might have happened is McDermott's agent could have spoken to them. There was clearly some negotiation over the last 2 days about how much Brian would be paid at RFC.

It does all seem too good to be true at the moment but I am very happy with the people at the club.

facaldaqui
Hob Nob Regular

by facaldaqui » 22 Feb 2012 23:36

The Rouge Like a geek I have listened to the whole 16 minute press conference now and I believe their version of events in that there was just a polite enquiry from Wolves (as he was on a shortlist). The only thing that might have happened is McDermott's agent could have spoken to them. There was clearly some negotiation over the last 2 days about how much Brian would be paid at RFC.

It does all seem too good to be true at the moment but I am very happy with the people at the club.

Totally. We all reserve some cynicism to fall back on, but we might as well embrace the moment when a good manager chooses to stay with us. If things were wrong at the club, he wouldn't, so it's a good sign.

Too often the motives of the people who run our club are questioned; someone here called Brian's talk about the fans "rhetoric", but I believe he's sincere--no other championship manager mentions the fans every post-match interview. Madejsky's variously been disbelieved when he's said he wants to go back to the premiership; or when he's told us we've little spare cash for players; or said he was looking for the right sort of buyer for Reading--but I think he tells us the truth. Seems to me he's a pretty honest old buffer, and Brian's a pretty honest middle-aged buffer. Compared to the wideboys in charge of a lot of clubs, I'm glad to have them.
We may look back on this time as an innocent age.

Rax

by Rax » 22 Feb 2012 23:40

facaldaqui
The Rouge Like a geek I have listened to the whole 16 minute press conference now and I believe their version of events in that there was just a polite enquiry from Wolves (as he was on a shortlist). The only thing that might have happened is McDermott's agent could have spoken to them. There was clearly some negotiation over the last 2 days about how much Brian would be paid at RFC.

Totally. We all reserve some cynicism to fall back on, but we might as well embrace the moment when a good manager chooses to stay with us. If things were wrong at the club, he wouldn't, so it's a good sign.

Too often the motives of the people who run our club are questioned; someone here called Brian's talk about the fans "rhetoric", but I believe he's sincere--no other championship manager mentions the fans every post-match interview. Madejsky's variously been disbelieved when he's said he wants to go back to the premiership; or when he's told us we've little spare cash for players; or said he was looking for the right sort of buyer for Reading--but I think he tells us the truth. Seems to me he's a pretty honest old buffer, and Brian's a pretty honest middle-aged buffer. Compared to the wideboys in charge of a lot of clubs, I'm glad to have them.
We may look back on this time as an innocent age.

Everything that man said!

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 23 Feb 2012 07:05

Uke Caption Comp time?

I've got your tie, next time I'll have the shirt off your back...

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 23 Feb 2012 08:12

Friday's Legacy "On Monday last week he said something to be me that was very, very important and once he'd said that there was only one place for me to be and that was here. That will be something that remains between me and him."

I think he either said a) "Here's an increase in salary" or b) "You can have a go on my wife"

I have tweeted Fordham pointing out that McD and JM have both said McD was with AZ on Monday - yet Fordham insisted that McD was up at Wolves - and all have confirmed that WWFC didn't even make a proper request to speak to McD in the first place. Total helm. :evil:

YateleyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Either screwing or working, so the grind don't stop

by YateleyRoyal » 23 Feb 2012 08:34

I reckon that Anton told him to sign a new deal or he'd release the pictures of Big Mac, Hammond and Sir John in a fairly compromising situation....

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 23 Feb 2012 08:34

I'm just a tad worried that he appears to be signing a blank piece of paper.....

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 23 Feb 2012 09:14

http://youtu.be/uG3jk5CCpuA?t=2m40s

Check out how long he takes to answer and how nervous he looks about the question...............he talked to them, we know it :D

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 23 Feb 2012 09:22

TBM http://youtu.be/uG3jk5CCpuA?t=2m40s

Check out how long he takes to answer and how nervous he looks about the question...............he talked to them, we know it :D

Just not "officially" - it's what agents are for... ;)

184 posts