Brighton

friday fan

Brighton

by friday fan » 06 Apr 2012 20:55

Since we have just had the most physical game of the season and with the pressure mounting, would it be best to make some changes for the Brighton game. Give Hunt a rest and start with Alfie, Harte took a knock so could be out. also formation, should we still go with the usual or perhaps take the game to them with more attacking options. Kebe was off at the races today so perhaps give him a rest too with the saints game being our cup final. Thoughts?

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Brighton

by Franchise FC » 06 Apr 2012 20:58

friday fan Since we have just had the most physical game of the season and with the pressure mounting, would it be best to make some changes for the Brighton game. Give Hunt a rest and start with Alfie, Harte took a knock so could be out. also formation, should we still go with the usual or perhaps take the game to them with more attacking options. Kebe was off at the races today so perhaps give him a rest too with the saints game being our cup final. Thoughts?

In Brian we trust - he will know what to do.

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 06 Apr 2012 20:58

I wouldn't tinker with formations when the one we're using has worked so well.

I'm not too sure about resting the likes of Hunt either. Today we lost Jem for the season, HRK tweaked a hamstring, Harte's ankle is swollen and is 50/50 for Tuesday at the moment, and a few other players had ice packs on other niggles after the game; so resting the fit ones over the injured just isn't plausible at the moment.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 06 Apr 2012 21:00

Friday's Legacy I wouldn't tinker with formations when the one we're using has worked so well.

I'm not too sure about resting the likes of Hunt either. Today we lost Jem for the season, HRK tweaked a hamstring, Harte's ankle is swollen and is 50/50 for Tuesday at the moment, and a few other players had ice packs on other niggles after the game; so resting the fit ones over the injured just isn't plausible at the moment.

The good news is that we've played as early as we could over the weekend and are playing the latest we can for the next one - a reasonable amount of recovery time in the circumstances.

1871 Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by 1871 Royal » 06 Apr 2012 21:00

Brian will no doubt asses their condition on Sunday and make the right decision as he has done so many times this year.

Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Chaney » 06 Apr 2012 21:00

Kebe does what he wants so leaving him out is not an option, Hartes left foot is always dangerous, Le fondre as shown time and again what he can do coming off the bench, no changes needed except for Jem IMHO

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 06 Apr 2012 21:01

If Kebe wanted to play in goal I don't think anyone would stop him.

friday fan

by friday fan » 06 Apr 2012 21:02

Mullins for jem then, perhaps. Kebe and Jobi out wide and HRK on the bench??????????????????????

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 06 Apr 2012 21:06

I suspect same line up except Mullins for Jem. Hopefully Harte is ok for Tuesday as that would be a blow. Is Mills fit again do we know?

Royals-lad14

by Royals-lad14 » 06 Apr 2012 21:06

mullins in for karacan thats the only change i can see being made?

robbieroyal

by robbieroyal » 06 Apr 2012 21:12

Leeds defended well against Kebe to be fair. At one point there were 3 on him.
Every game a cup final. We should start our strongest line up, our players are fit enough!!

Think Harte is def out for Tues. And Jem and HRK obv.

Think Mullins at RB, SC to LB. Benit on wing and Jobi in centre??

SydenhamRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SydenhamRoyal » 06 Apr 2012 21:41

robbieroyal Leeds defended well against Kebe to be fair. At one point there were 3 on him.
Every game a cup final. We should start our strongest line up, our players are fit enough!!

I'd go with your midfield; if HRK has tweaked his hamstring probably Cywka on the bench; Mullins hasnt exactly played well for Reading, and I'd probably bring back Griffin

georgerob

by georgerob » 06 Apr 2012 22:13

Hopefully Jay Tabb will be back for Brighton and replace Karacan if he is out. At least you know what you get from Tabb and he is a like-for-like replacement for Karacan.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 06 Apr 2012 23:56

Left back = Harte > Mills > Griffin > Gunnarsson

Central midfield (assuming Jem and Tabb are out, which seems likely to me) = Mullins > Gunnarsson > Cywka > McAnuff with HRK / Cywka / Afobe / Hunt out wide.

If Ledge is out too we're in the doggy doo.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 07 Apr 2012 06:24

friday fan Mullins for jem then, perhaps. Kebe and Jobi out wide and HRK on the bench??????????????????????

Karacan could well be out for the rest of the season so Mullins in for that role. Don't see much point in changing anything else other than considering having Cywka and Afobe on the bench.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 07 Apr 2012 07:34

No way is Gunnarsson better than Cywka. :|

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 07 Apr 2012 07:54

Royal Lady No way is Gunnarsson better than Cywka. :|

But they are not comparable in their contribution to the team - different style, different position

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 07 Apr 2012 07:55

in my view, the one advantage of Jem being out is it allows McAnuff to move to the centre where I believe he can be more influential. He has everything in his locker to be a great central midfielder and we have more than enough cover on the wing.

On the other hand, I have serious doubts regarding Mullin's fitness and work rate.

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 07 Apr 2012 07:58

robbieroyal Leeds defended well against Kebe to be fair. At one point there were 3 on him.

Harte was fine in car parrk after game , he'll play

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 07 Apr 2012 08:06

Ian Royal Left back = Harte > Mills > Griffin > Gunnarsson

Central midfield (assuming Jem and Tabb are out, which seems likely to me) = Mullins > Gunnarsson > Cywka > McAnuff with HRK / Cywka / Afobe / Hunt out wide.

If Ledge is out too we're in the doggy doo.

I was referring to this. As much as I've loved Gunnarsson, he's a lot older and slower than when we went up last time - Cywka should be given a chance imo.