SIGNED - Adrian Marriapa

400 posts
Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

Re: RUMOUR - Adrian Marriapa

by Friday's Legacy » 22 Jun 2012 17:31

pea Its kind of irrelevant, don't think McDermott is interested anymore

We're still keen but not prepared to up the fee as they wanted. Bit of a stalemate at present, but if the takeover is off then they will need the money. Their owner has admitted he doesn't have the money to keep the club going.

fozziebear

by fozziebear » 22 Jun 2012 17:33

Stick in a transfer request, and tell Watford I'm off to Reading FC easy. Deal done. Lol

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 22 Jun 2012 17:37

MouldyRoyal "Yeah sorry Watford-dudes, we're looking at Bassong now so unless you can offer us a good deal, jog on."

(You will notice I have replicated Hammond's turn of phrase perfectly.)

It's the pitch you can't get across on a keyboard

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 22 Jun 2012 20:51

Friday's Legacy

We're still keen but not prepared to up the fee as they wanted. Bit of a stalemate at present, but if the takeover is off then they will need the money. Their owner has admitted he doesn't have the money to keep the club going.

Ive not been following this one, but I did remember the below from a couple of weeks back. Does the above mean that things have changed or you're source was wrong?

Friday's Legacy They haven't upped the price. Fee is agreed as of a couple of weeks ago, as mentioned before.

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 22 Jun 2012 21:01

Hoop Blah
Friday's Legacy

Ive not been following this one, but I did remember the below from a couple of weeks back. Does the above mean that things have changed or you're source was wrong?

Friday's Legacy They haven't upped the price. Fee is agreed as of a couple of weeks ago, as mentioned before.

At that time, no. It all seems to have changed with their takeover, and Southampton making an enquiry for the player. Watford then wanted to try and start a bidding war. We made it clear that if they did that they could forget it, and also forget about Church and Mills, of whom they have enquired about. gazza confirmed some of this with his own source, but at that time had also learnt that a fee hadn't been agreed - hence them wanting to up it, and us refusing to play ball. It's been a stalemate ever since.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 23 Jun 2012 01:08

It's strange how he was a little tentative about coming to us at the beginning [in a needing to talk to family, friends, etc, big decision type way rather than anything along the lines of not wanting to join us], now it's his agent that's been putting thing out saying he wants to come..............

Also, someone said to me a while back would him going onto International Duty change anything and I said I couldn't see it, if he hadn't gone then we would've wrapped the deal up before the takeover seemed a possibility and they reneged on a verbal agreement and tried to up the price. We won't be letting any players go until pre-season has started allegedly, so if out bargaining tool end up being Church/Mills, this could continue dragging on.

Interestingly, the BBC is now saying the takeover's still/back on.

Super_horns
Hob Nob Regular

by Super_horns » 23 Jun 2012 09:18

maffff Interestingly, the BBC is now saying the takeover's still/back on.

Yes..Bassini himself said these Pozzo guys don't have enough funds but the club officially have said a deal is still very much on...

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 30 Jun 2012 19:57

Duncan Castles ‏@DuncanCastles

Zingarevich also continuing to pursue Adrian Mariappa and Chris Gunter for Reading. #rfc #wfc #nffc

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 30 Jun 2012 22:35

Someone needs to tell this guy we're not rangers

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 01 Jul 2012 09:33

Been asked not to add much to this yet, but we have gone back with an improved off. Will Watford's new owners sell though?

Z175
Hob Nob Regular

by Z175 » 01 Jul 2012 09:43

I think the Pozzos might sell to add to Zolas t ransfer budget. They can loan in an Udinese or Granada player to replace him! That said, they wont want to piss off the fans at the start of their ownership. As with Gunter, shame we didn't bid more earlier but then we had no way of knowing two struggling clubs would find their rainbow... Let's try Redmond at brum now

Basildon

by Basildon » 01 Jul 2012 10:17

Really would prefer to see Bassong over this fella. Bassong has premiership experience which is exactly what we need!

The Rouge
Hob Nob Regular

by The Rouge » 01 Jul 2012 11:18

Who says we have even shown an interest in Bassong though?

Basildon

by Basildon » 01 Jul 2012 11:50

The Rouge Who says we have even shown an interest in Bassong though?

http://www.reading.vitalfootball.co.uk/ ... p?a=285175

tbf i have no idea if this article has any credibility whatsoever, but i would love to see bassong at reading!

The Rouge
Hob Nob Regular

by The Rouge » 01 Jul 2012 11:58

Hmm :|

His pace would be a good option.

RFCSPACE

by RFCSPACE » 01 Jul 2012 12:07

Personally don't see the hype with Bassong.

I know we're better than Wolves, but I wouldn't say Bassong made much of an improvement to their defence when he was on loan there. Might be harsh because he can't carry the whole team, and if Spurs saw something in him then he can't be totally hopeless (Oh wait, Khumalo came from Spurs too...)

I'm not sure how much Bassong played but I know he played when they lost 5-1 at home to West Brom which is dismal in any case.

Never really seen Mariappa play, but we shouldn't be held to ransome by Watford because we have cash and they need a lot of it. Pay the going rate and no more, or get Church involved in a swap deal and pay them £5M.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 01 Jul 2012 14:44

Basildon Really would prefer to see Bassong over this fella. Bassong has premiership experience which is exactly what we need!

Marriapa also has Premier League experience.

Basildon

by Basildon » 01 Jul 2012 15:19

Ian Royal
Basildon Really would prefer to see Bassong over this fella. Bassong has premiership experience which is exactly what we need!

Marriapa also has Premier League experience.

Fair enough, didnt know that.

Wikipedia seems to think weve already signed him!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 01 Jul 2012 15:36

Wikipedia is as reliable a source for football as Gary Glitter is for child safety.

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

by peterroyal76 » 01 Jul 2012 15:38

RFCSPACE Personally don't see the hype with Bassong.

I know we're better than Wolves, but I wouldn't say Bassong made much of an improvement to their defence when he was on loan there. Might be harsh because he can't carry the whole team, and if Spurs saw something in him then he can't be totally hopeless (Oh wait, Khumalo came from Spurs too...)

I'm not sure how much Bassong played but I know he played when they lost 5-1 at home to West Brom which is dismal in any case.

Never really seen Mariappa play, but we shouldn't be held to ransome by Watford because we have cash and they need a lot of it. Pay the going rate and no more, or get Church involved in a swap deal and pay them £5m.

:o

400 posts